Should I unstack stims and medpacs before reverse engineering?

Losse

I would unstack them, because you can only learn 1 schematic from stim/medpacks. If you RE a stack, but you learned the recipe on the first RE, the rest of the stack will still be RE'd but you won't be able to learn anything from it, so you just get a few mats back.

If you don't care about the mats or selling the extra items, go ahead and do the stack to save yourself time.

Edited by Remulan

I have always had better luck REing stacks. That's not to say that there isn't a chance that you would have gotten the new schematic REing less had you done them one at a time. However, REing a stack of 4+ I have never failed to learn the next schematic whereas there have been plenty of times that I have REed 8-10+ one at a time and not gotten the next level up. That's just my experience. Edited by Rorq

Or will the stack net the same chance for all in the stack to give new schematics?

Personally, I have had more success with 5+ on the greens, 20+ on blues than rolling 1 at a time, but that is because I don't mind the waste, I just want the schem, on a few tries.

It makes no difference, besides the point brought up already, that if you would have discovered the next schematic on the first try, then you just RE'd the rest of that stack for nothing.

There is no way that the % will add up when you RE with a stack. Otherwise everyone would just RE stacks of 99 to have 99% or 50% or whatever chance. That's absurd.