Bounty Hunter is worst than s**t ?

Kyris_Xiandrii

I was trying to decide which healer to roll for my alt

I was gonna make a bounty hunter, but everyone I speak to says BH is the worst healer.

I even asked people who played the class at 50 and they said that sorc is better 'cos of their aoe heals and biggest single target heals ...

is this true? :/

Yes it's true but keep in mind people that hold that info re-roll Sorc and then find out there's a ton more doing exactly the same, be different, and no, BH are not the worst healers, 'They Take Skill. Endo' You need to use you're resources more efficently than just a spam fest sourc / sage.

It depends on you're play style really, sorc is OP at the moment but this is an MMO, it might not be the case in a week or two, just be different from everyone else, yes guild leaders / officer's are turning down some healers due to their class choice which is a load of BS to be frank, that shouldn't be the case.

Just go with what feels right, i'm current leveling a Operative healer and i love it, the healing is good, not great but it's challanging for goodness sake that's what people don't get, play for a challange, not to faceroll heal everytime.

Hope this helped.

Edited by ThiefUK

I was gonna make a bounty hunter, but everyone I speak to says BH is the worst healer.

I even asked people who played the class at 50 and they said that sorc is better 'cos of their aoe heals and biggest single target heals ...

The best advice I can give you is to level a Bounty Hunter Mercenary and find out for yourself.

What I can tell you is that all 3 healers are beast healers if played properly. Sure, many have proven that the Sorcerer's current state may give them a slight advantage but honestly it boils down to the person behind the keyboard. Not everyone can play a certain class to its full potential. Pick the style that feels most comfortable for you.

I play a Bounty Hunter Mercenary and I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoy it. We have good burst heals and make great tank healers. Grouping healing is decent, but not amazing. I personally think the heat system is very easy to manage. We are also viable in PvP.

Good luck with what you choose.

Bounty Hunter has some advantages and disadvantages. Their AOE hits fewer people, but fires instantly and provides damage bubble. They also get completely free cost heals that can be spammed at any time. Heat and Ammo also regenerate in combat faster than Force does if you manage it correctly, so if you have enough skill you can manage your heat bar and never run out of heals

But there are situations, pretty early on in Raiding where having a sorcerer healer is just plane better.

Dont believe them.

I played for roughly 6 months during beta, and in that time operatives/scoundrels were the most efficient single-target healers (i.e. main tank healers) in the game, whereas mercenaries and commandos were the worst all-around healers.

That viewpoint has changed significantly in the past few weeks, however, as I've main tanked my way through hardmodes and operations and been able to see how each of the healers functions firsthand. Here's my assessment:

Operatives are, oddly enough, the worst healers for endgame content at this point. They lack the healing output to deal with burst damage without putting themselves in a bad spot for energy regeneration, and it's very difficult for them to keep up a decent amount of healing on one or more targets while remaining in their prime energy regeneration range. At this point, I wont take operative healers for anything but backup heals in operations.

Sorcerors are the easiest healers to play with the most forgiveness in their resource mechanic, however it can be difficult for them to settle on a healing rotation that keeps their regeneration rate up while healing through burst damage. One of our server's (and my guild's) best healers is a sorceror, but many other sorcerors in similar gear just dont match up, so it really comes down to skill here. Sorcerors are, however, the best AoE/multi-target healers in the game, and are exceptionally good backup healers for operations.

Mercenaries, much to my suprise, have become the most efficient tank/single target healers at 50, able to keep up a relatively high healing output for an indefinite period of time with the proper ability rotation. This is largely thanks to their ability to use their primary pistol attack as a heal, which was nonexistent during beta, and puts out some pretty hefty numbers with decent gear at 50. Seeing how insanely good merc healers are has made me consider rolling a second bounty hunter just to play one (as my main is a powertech tank).

In general, you shouldnt listen to all the ranting on these forums, most people here are bad, plain and simple, and will complain about anything they can in order to get beyond that.

Edited by Tenacity

Dont believe them.

I played for roughly 6 months during beta, and in that time operatives/scoundrels were the most efficient single-target healers (i.e. main tank healers) in the game, whereas mercenaries and commandos were the worst all-around healers.

That viewpoint has changed significantly in the past few weeks, however, as I've main tanked my way through hardmodes and operations and been able to see how each of the healers functions firsthand. Here's my assessment:

Operatives are, oddly enough, the worst healers for endgame content at this point. They lack the healing output to deal with burst damage without putting themselves in a bad spot for energy regeneration, and it's very difficult for them to keep up a decent amount of healing on one or more targets while remaining in their prime energy regeneration range. At this point, I wont take operative healers for anything but backup heals in operations.

Sorcerors are the easiest healers to play with the most forgiveness in their resource mechanic, however it can be difficult for them to settle on a healing rotation that keeps their regeneration rate up while healing through burst damage. One of our server's (and my guild's) best healers is a sorceror, but many other sorcerors in similar gear just dont match up, so it really comes down to skill here. Sorcerors are, however, the best AoE/multi-target healers in the game, and are exceptionally good backup healers for operations.

Mercenaries, much to my suprise, have become the most efficient tank/single target healers at 50, able to keep up a relatively high healing output for an indefinite period of time with the proper ability rotation. This is largely thanks to their ability to use their primary pistol attack as a heal, which was nonexistent during beta, and puts out some pretty hefty numbers with decent gear at 50. Seeing how insanely good merc healers are has made me consider rolling a second bounty hunter just to play one (as my main is a powertech tank).

In general, you shouldnt listen to all the ranting on these forums, most people here are bad, plain and simple, and will complain about anything they can in order to get beyond that.

Oddly enough I've had an op healer in my guild that's done a number of hard modes with me. Best heals i've ever had. So either operative is a great healer, or every other healer I've picked up has been terrible.

Just be the FOTM and be a sorc. There I told ya what to do. NAO DO EEETTTT!

If you can heals people will love you. (if you don't suck anyways) But there are a bazillion Mercs. (most dps though) And OPS were the FOTM until the nerf. (Though I still see a lot of them) So no matter what you pick you will not be a special snowflake.

Just play what you enjoy. Play them all.

GOTTA COLLECT THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Oddly enough I've had an op healer in my guild that's done a number of hard modes with me. Best heals i've ever had. So either operative is a great healer, or every other healer I've picked up has been terrible.

Operatives can be ok healers, the problem is that their healing output is far lower now than it was during beta, but they received no other improvements elsewhere. Reliance on tactical advantage for your only energy-conserving heal is poor class design, especially since you'll end up using surgical probe (that energy conserving heal) as often as possible in order to remain above 60 energy (the ideal regeneration rate limit for operatives), so you'll rarely have extra tactical advantage charges when those emergency 'oh crap' moments happen.

As long as a fight is steady and predictable, with a consistent amount of damage being dealt only to the tank and no damage being directed at non-tank party members, operatives can keep up pretty decent healing, but the second they have to heal more than one person, or the second that spike damage starts to get heavy, their energy efficiency takes a dive and it's very difficult to recover from.

Also, @ all the people saying "sorceror is the best healer" - no, it's just the easist healer, with the most room for mistakes.

BHs aren't the worst healer, they're 2nd behind sorcs.

And yes, Sorcs are better healers in every aspects than both BHs and Operatives.

Once they get their reusable medpacks and Consume procs, they don't run out of Force, can bubble AND have great AoE/Single target heals.

As far as efficiency goes, Healing Sorcs being numero 1 is a fact.

But let me ask you this, does it really matter? If at the end of your run the group's alive, that's all that really matters.

Edited by dargor-

As a powertech tank myself at level 34 and having done almost every heroic and all flashpoints up to my level. I have had all 3 healers heal me and Merc heals just fine. They rely on a lot of rapid shot healing, but it's a decent filler to keep your heat down. Play what you want to play. Personally being able to shoot your teams to heal them is pretty funny and you get to throw healing grenades.

Sorc seems like a very stationary healer... from what I have seen Merc seems to be more mobile which is pretty much what Bounty Hunter is all about. Mobility. I had a friend with a high level merc and he was healing all flashpoints fine. I say "had" because he flipped out and deleted all the characters on his account... had nothing to do with how Merc performed though. He loved the class.

everyone is saying op is a terrible healing, and i dont know any better but on Fatman i watched an op (Exige i think the name was) drop 600k easy healing, and the pug group was not good, i think we lost

PvP doesn't matter.

But for the sake of discussion, a Sorc would have done the 600k Healing PLUS around 200-300k Shielding...

The Bounty Hunter would have probably done 400-500k healing PLUS 200k of Tracer Missile spam+ would have tossed people off bridges/cliffs + would have survived easier.

What makes Operatives the worst is their bad energy management and the fact that in challenging encounters they do run out of ressources way more quickly than the other 2 healers.

Not saying Operatives are bad healers, nor that they can't heal fine trough content, just that they are the weakest of the 3.

Edited by dargor-

This is just about the smartest thing I've read in a while. Thank you!