The lag and slow responce is making the not enjoyable

Squidwalker

OK so I got in yesterday, and basically experienced the kind of lag and super slowness to responce of commands, that I got on Fridays of weekend beta. I figured I should have nothing to worry about, as come mid Saturday the game was performing normal.

This is so bad, it's kind of not fun to play the game. Everything acts super sensative, making hard to navigate, my animations are super behind the commands. My system is only 1 year old, and exceeds the recommended specs for the game.

So am I alone in this experience? Can I expect it to get better? It needs to get better or this game is going to suck for me and my wife to play.

Humour me and try with shadows on lowest setting or off and turn grass off as well.

Let me know if this helps any?

And is your graphics card ATI or nVidia?

Also are you hard wired or on wifi?

Regards

Edited by Anarchi

you'r more than likely getting that lag cause everyone and their mothers on the same planet as you. remember, lots of people are being let in every day, so until they all start going off on their own, you can get lag from lots of players around.

you'r more than likely getting that lag cause everyone and their mothers on the same planet as you. remember, lots of people are being let in every day, so until they all start going off on their own, you can get lag from lots of players around.

No that should not be happening.

Turn down your graphics to low or min. level. Then see if you are having the problem.

If the problem seams to go away you need a better computer. If you are still having the problem its your connection. It could be the game but every guildie that has had that problem fixed it by lowering their graphics.

I will try setting grass and ground detail to zero. They are both at 50%. And I didn't find any settings for shadows, but I remember turning those down in beta. Where are those settings.

All my graphics settings were turned to "low" when I started the game. I sadly turned my resolution down to 1024x768, which doesn't look horrible, but it did make a noticable improvement.

Here is the specs from running dxdiag

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T Processor (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM

Page File: 2180MB used, 10104MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Video Settings:

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68F9)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_010E1028&REV_00

Display Memory: 3828 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB

Shared Memory: 2815 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: DELL ST2420L

Monitor Id: DELA067

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1083 (English)

Driver Version: 8.861.0.0

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 5/24/2011 20:06:38, 811008 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: n/a

WHQL Date Stamp: n/a

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2BB9-11CF-A377-0421BEC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x68F9

SubSys ID: 0x010E1028

Revision ID: 0x0000

Driver Strong Name: oem34.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_EvergreenC:8.861.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_68f9

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

Oh yea, forgot, I'm pretty sure it's network lag, and not graphics. My latency is bouncing between 90 and 130. When I'm out in the open it's not so bad, but when I go indoors, it gets really laggy and slow, and like in the tombs, with the lighting and smoke, it just suuuucks.

Ok there were issue with the ATI drivers in Beta, and not always the latest was the best.

Try downloading and trying the last 3 or 4 available drivers, my colleague had the same issue and an older driver was the fix for him.

Regards

Hmm thanks Anarchi, I'll see what I have vs what's out there. Bought these systems last Feb. and haven't updated any drivers since, but I'll check it out. Didn't know they had problems with the ATI in beta.

Defo could be driver issue, try latest and work your way back 2 or 3 and see if any improve your issue.

Regards