Too MANY servers!!

iloveicarly

Guys there is way to much servers and i think everybody can agree on that.

If enough people on the thread gets SOUR then maybe bioware will think about merging servers what you guys think about server merge?

My friend, I think what you meant to say was "too many servers".

And yes, that may be true, but the game has only been out for one month. In time they may need to remove servers, but for now, it is too early to tell.

My friend, I think what you meant to say was "too many servers".

And yes, that may be true, but the game has only been out for one month. In time they may need to remove servers, but for now, it is too early to tell.

Keep saying 'it's too early to tell' ... you'll tell when the water is over your head and this game has sunk.

If enough people on the thread gets SOUR then maybe bioware will think about merging servers what you guys think about server merge?

I'd rather say: too few players. There are MMOs with x4 servers but are still more populated.

IM NOT RE ROLLING MY 50 TO BE ON A DIFFERENT SERVER . Im new to mmo's and this isnt a very good impression

No one's told you to. A server transfer, if they made it available, would allow you to move your character, all 50 levels of him, onto another server.

Also keep in mind that bioware hasn't even started selling TOR to the whole world yet. They've still got to see how all those red zones turn out before they cut back on servers. It will happen, but it will take time and likely only after other measures are implemented first.

No one's told you to. A server transfer, if they made it available, would allow you to move your character, all 50 levels of him, onto another server.

Also keep in mind that bioware hasn't even started selling TOR to the whole world yet. They've still got to see how all those red zones turn out before they cut back on servers. It will happen, but it will take time and likely only after other measures are implemented first.

So... you expect him to pay $25 per character to move huh?

So... you expect him to pay $25 per character to move huh?

I highly doubt we'll see that kind of server transfer, maybe later. If they implement server transfers first, it will be free ones, to balance the population: you cant balance the population with a paid service.

Later on though, I wouldnt be surprised to see paid character transfers yes...

I highly doubt we'll see that kind of server transfer, maybe later. If they implement server transfers first, it will be free ones, to balance the population: you cant balance the population with a paid service.

Later on though, I wouldnt be surprised to see paid character transfers yes...

They will never ever allow free transfers off of a low pop server. The best they may do is offer free transfers off of an over populated server to a low pop server. His server would have to be the worst of the bunch and in the same zone as the over populated server. As far as I can tell, there's nobody on a high pop server complaining to get a transfer off of it, so it isn't going to happen.

/signed. No server should ever have less than 50 people on each fleet at any given time. A lot currently don't hit that number during peak hours.

Give me one good reason why at least 50 people should be on the fleet, I know I am almost never on the fleet and if I am, I'm there for 15 minutes or less, I am rather playing on the planets.

I think what everyone on here is complaining about is being significantly 'outnumbered' on a given server. I know that on my current server we have less than 50 on the fleet during peak hours on the Republic side and nearly 150 on the Imperial side. Since we both need Ilum and WZ dailies it is hard to ever finish those. I understand that since there is not enough Rep players on that they let the Imps play themselves in Huttball so people don't miss out on WZ during their playing time. This isn't fair since the Imp side can just farm WZ and control Ilum simply by overwhelming numbers. I know it is stupid to even talk about server merges since its only the start of the second month of the game, but some action to even out situations like this one needs to be taken soon. I know because of this some Rep players are switching sides or servers even further depleting the numbers on our side. I know recruitment for new players for a game like this one is important, but you also need to take actions to keep players you already have. Server transfers will help, but there also needs to be some system in place to keep servers somewhat even in population.

Give me one good reason why at least 50 people should be on the fleet, I know I am almost never on the fleet and if I am, I'm there for 15 minutes or less, I am rather playing on the planets.

Trainers, commendation vendors, dailies, quest givers, flashpoints, rest XP, VIP lounge vendors, I could go on...

But aside from all that, the fleet provides the best metric for population health since it is non-level specific, both factions have equivalent reasons of being there, and is constantly in flux w/ ppl always arriving and leaving, as you yourself are want to do. I chose 50 as the number simply because in my experience, when the fleet has ~50 people the other planets will at least be in double-digit numbers. I'd like 100's of people on the fleet at all times because that means there will probably be 100's of people on all the planets.

I don't know about 'too many' servers, but I will say that:

1. Vornskr is doing just fine, gets to be 'Standard' during prime time, sometimes heavy, as do the other 5 servers I 'tagged' to play on in the future.

2. If a nice light server or two wants to get 'merged' to Vornskr, fine with me, so long as you're ok with an 'x' on the end of your name, should they happen to match someone else's.

3. I 'do' see quite a few 'Light' East Coast PvE servers during prime time. Suppose those could be merged?

Other than that, lots of 'Standard' or better during prime time.

Now, the whole "but there are only 4 people in the fleet" issue...that doesn't really have much to do with total server numbers, as it does with the way they designed their game and how your server might have settled in socially.

Too bad people don't use the LFG flag and comment more. Not only this game, but I recall having the same issue in LotRO and some other games. The problem with it is it relies on 'someone' being the 'Type A' personality. Now, while I will often set mine, I will 'never' be that person, so guilty as charged. Last thing I want when I sit down to play is any sort of group management responsibility.

What we really need is more high school and college students who are really into poli-sci to get out here and play more. What a great chance to work on those skills! :o

I got dibs on 'ditch digger' or other no/low responsibility job! :p

O great mother of the gods.

I was forced to do a server transfer on Warhammer Online.

Long story short the server I was originally on had like a 3 to 1 ratio of Team Evil to Team Good (sorry don't remember the names of the factions). They were killing us in all the PVP events (coarse the game was like 75% PVP). We were just getting owned. On prime time, their was a several hour wait for the one side to get on. Our side their was perhaps 50 to 100 of us on at peek time. It was sad..

Anyway we got merged onto a server where their team good was holding their own on the PVP side, and with the influx of new team evil on their server it tanked just like the old one did, and drove all the players off again.

And because we were the new players comming to the server we had to give up our names if someone had our names on the server. So we all ended up being "blalbla0009" and crap like that. Guilds got disolved, everything went to crap.

That was when I quit. Apparently their was another merge after that. Not sure why that game stayed in production.

Anyway....This was one of the most antiapated games in recent history. It will grow for a wile yet. Every one of the online games I've played has come out and grew for several months after the initial release. A lot of people are not going to give up playing WoW for a game that is barely out of beta. They will come when they hear that several bug patches got out, content is being made, and their friends are saying how awesome it is.

Then you'll be screaming that their are not enough servers and we need to split them.

What do you mean too many servers? on avarage you have 5000 people playing on each server (more or less, according to what they said about the server numbers and active subscryptions).

Not being able to form a party? nonsense! On avarage you have 4999 players like you on your server!