Can't wait! Orange gear.

PutinDoesJudo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone will look the same with crafted orange gear with augment slots everywhere....

gear from social vendor will still never be used since it lacks 28 in primary stat compared to craftable gear

Sorry but they clearly said that they will be unlocking the mods from PARTIALLY modable epic items (like PvP and PvE raid items).

So I will be asking you this question. How many modable orange crafted armors with augment slot have you seen?

Sorry but they clearly said that they will be unlocking the mods from PARTIALLY modable epic items (like PvP and PvE raid items).

So I will be asking you this question. How many modable orange crafted armors with augment slot have you seen?

He's referring to the other part of the change: making crafted orange items critable, thus giving them an augment slot.

I love my classic customizable Jedi robe, and I felt really sad when I had to bank it when I got my straight-from-WoW-robe-with-giant-shoulderpads PvE chest and my "love parade prop" not-very-straight power ranger-meets Iron Man wannabe PvP piece.

Even if armoring from sets doesn't grant set bonuses, I'd love to be able to keep that one chestpiece that I truly like (since I can get the 4-set bonus without it).

It still doesn't address the heart of the issue. Yes, in six months, we may be able to wear orange gear instead of tier purples. The problem is, there isn't any orange gear that's any different.

Take jedi knights for instance. Hoods for republic (they don't want hoods), and no hoods for the imperials (they want hoods). There is maybe ONE OR TWO tunics without hoods; they don't even look very good, they just happen to be a lesser of two evils.

Until they ADD ORANGE GEAR THAT LOOKS THE WAY WE WANT IT changing orange gear wearability means absolutely nothing.

Robes - need a hood toggle. Robes need to remove the excessive clip +posterior. Smugglers don't want to look like superman with a bonnet. PVPers don't want to look like garish space samurais (sentinels), etc, etc, etc. We're talking about a game with 50 levels of gear and 40 of them are AWFUL and have no connection to Star Wars at all.

Addendum: Medium armour says hi, they want you to introduce us to some bracers and belts that non-smugglers can wear.

I completely agree with this statement, the top end gear leaves alot to be desired. Some of that armor looks absolutely horrible, let alone functional. Did the devs let their children draw the concept art for it or something? And some toons have to disable head wear and/ or find a chest piece without a hood in order to get rid of that horrible clipping issue where your hair, horns, or what-have-you clips through it something fierce.

In my humble opinion BioWare should have never jumped onto the green-blue-purple bandwagon in the first place.

Instead every single piece of gear should have been custom (orange) from the start. Look how you want to look and choose from the thousands of armor pieces and keep it updated with mods. Not enough choice? Here are some color dyes for you!

"I have a dream..."

:cool:

One of the best ideas I've heard thus far.

Edited by Tiar

Will be good but it must be PVP items also and bring the expertise stat, I miss my BH in black everything with a Jugg robe with a HOOD. Hasnt felt quite right looking like someone made my armour on Scrapheap Challenge.

aah that would be nice, I really like the looks on the inquisitor pvp chest =)

...or they could just add an A-tab.

Yeah, but if they added an A-tab it would make their whole mod process obsolete. Honestly, though I wish they would have just don't an A-tab from the beginning or do what someone posts here previous, everything just be moddable gear.

Until they ADD ORANGE GEAR THAT LOOKS THE WAY WE WANT IT changing orange gear wearability means absolutely nothing.

Addendum: Medium armour says hi, they want you to introduce us to some bracers and belts that non-smugglers can wear.

qft. perfectly said :(

This is a TERRIBLE idea, orange gear IS viable end game, you can get 58 armoring mods from Hard/HM mode operations.

So you can already make orange gear Rakata stats, it's just hard AND IT SHOULD BE.

There are supposed to be viable rewards for endgame, getting the 58 mods is that ultimate reward that allows you to look how you want.

Now they are going to make it where it's no big deal and anyone can do it easily, wow thanks for nerfing the game down to easy mode.

The fact that so many people posted that orange gear isn't viable showing they didn't know that you can already get 58 armoring from operations is sad.

Let those who work hard have rewards, stop making everyone equal and negating the efforts of players.

Exactly, I've been voicing my concerns about this issue since launch as there are only as many distinct non-palette swapped styles as there are in the class progression videos(plus a few more ugly headgears). Many of which are not player favorites, so until BW start getting rid of palette swaps and add in more distinct styles, whether you can extract purple mods from endgame pieces is irrelevant.

Have people missed the Dev comment from months ago then ?!? ALL craftable gear has a craftable orange recipe to match it, IF you can get the drop.

Months ago, yes, but they've said a lot of things before the game was launched and removed/delayed on even more things since then. As it stands, their claim that all crafted recipe has orange receipe is false, mainly belts, bracers, and headgears have very little orange counterpart.

I distinctly remember reading a yellow post about them planning something about making orange social gear usable for people not Sorcerer/Sage.

As for people whining about "not enough different orange gear", there's a ton of different ones you can get, starting with black talon. That's better than having a single one from a single OP, and everyone wearing that. It's not the best, but it's a start, and I bet we'll get more soon™.

Everything they say about "planning" is going to end up taking at least 3-4 weeks to implement, 2 if it's an emergency patch to already released content. Them "planning" to make more useable social gears for other armor classes is probably just adding the same items but in different armor types. Which honestly is still the idiotic thing to do as it's just a temporary solution until they realize that vanity items should not have armor type associated to it, instead it should just be place in a vanity slot so you wouldn't need to go through all this trouble.

There are only about 4-5 distinct styles for each class, and 2 of those are endgame pvp/pve sets. Bounty Hunters for example for the option to look like the newbs, or the slightly less newbish coat, and then 2 varieties of boba fett/mandalorian armor. That's it for orange appearances for BHs. What you see in the class progression vids is it, that's more or less all they have, if they have more it's only 1 or 2 more and they're NOT orange custom items available right now ingame through any method.

Even with the changes coming, it'll still be clone wars. As the patch notes stands, it's just more stat wars. Great, augment slots, that's real helpful for people who still hate the measly selection of gear selection.

Palette swaps are idiotic, BW, work on paint/dye system and add in more variety in gears, add in vanity slots so custom appearances won't be a pain (for you) and people can actually look and remain how they want (like you promised).

Removable base mods won't do much beyond the first few days when people realize that there's still crap in terms of selection.

Honestly, I think they just need to make all gear Custom (orange) gear and only provide mods (Premium, Prototype, Artifact, etc.) as the upgrades from quest rewards and vendors.

FPs, Ops, and PvP vendors should provide you with unique looking Custom gear that you cannot get anywhere else pre-equipped with better than average mods for its equivalent level.

Furthermore, the Social Vendors need versions of each set of Custom gear they have for each armor class (Light, Medium, Heavy).

Personally, I believe this would save us all a great deal of headache regarding these convoluted gear changes.

Edited by photometrik

It still doesn't address the heart of the issue. Yes, in six months, we may be able to wear orange gear instead of tier purples. The problem is, there isn't any orange gear that's any different.

Take jedi knights for instance. Hoods for republic (they don't want hoods), and no hoods for the imperials (they want hoods). There is maybe ONE OR TWO tunics without hoods; they don't even look very good, they just happen to be a lesser of two evils.

Robes - need a hood toggle. Robes need to remove the excessive clip +posterior. Smugglers don't want to look like superman with a bonnet. PVPers don't want to look like garish space samurais (sentinels), etc, etc, etc. We're talking about a game with 50 levels of gear and 40 of them are AWFUL and have no connection to Star Wars at all.

This.

This is a TERRIBLE idea, orange gear IS viable end game, you can get 58 armoring mods from Hard/HM mode operations.

So you can already make orange gear Rakata stats, it's just hard AND IT SHOULD BE.

There are supposed to be viable rewards for endgame, getting the 58 mods is that ultimate reward that allows you to look how you want.

Now they are going to make it where it's no big deal and anyone can do it easily, wow thanks for nerfing the game down to easy mode.

The fact that so many people posted that orange gear isn't viable showing they didn't know that you can already get 58 armoring from operations is sad.

Let those who work hard have rewards, stop making everyone equal and negating the efforts of players.

You still have to do the content that rewards the gear with the mods for you to rip them out and use them in your orange gear.

I don't see the problem.

Also, stop using a video game to affirm your self-image, it's very unhealthy.

Aside from that, unless they are expanding the number of craftable orange schematics to include a wide variety of those appearances available in the game, then I agree with others who are saying this doesn't prevent the "clone wars" issue. What few craftable oranges exist will become the de facto standard, drop-based or vendor-purchased oranges will be sub-par.

Edited by Syylara

I really don't understand that complaint either, there are so many orange gear sets that we can mix and match to find a look that we like. Don't like that battle master chest piece that has silly little wings? Find an orange piece of your liking... don't like your assassins tin foil looking hat? wear the skull looking orange head piece.

I've been wearing the exact same moddable gear on my Gunslinger for close to 30 levels now, because I can't friggin' stand any of the other medium armor. She's not a Jedi, so I don't want her in robes. I don't like the tunics because most of them have the stupid "one-off" shoulderpad or something equally ridiculous, and unfortunately most of the jackets/coats have retardedly high collars that make it look like I have giant sausages around my neck, or a ghetto set of lekku coming out of the base of my skull.

Don't even get me started on headgear. I haven't had that junk showing since before I left Ord Mantell (although I do want a pair of Gunslinger's Glasses, provided I can find them for less than the price of my firstborn).

What was that about finding a look I like? 'Cause I'm getting pretty tired of the one I have, but everything else is much worse to my eyes...

Someone here on the forums had the brilliant idea of being able to bring a piece of green-quality gear to an appropriate crafter and having them RE the piece to learn how to make it, and keep REing copies they've made to eventually learn how to make an orange piece. This is one of the best ideas for customizable clothing I've heard of yet, and I, for one, am all for it. There are so many green "junk" pieces that have looks I like, but I outlevel the stats far too quickly to get any use out of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.