An idea to fix social points

Michaelphoenix

What if social points were shared across all characters making it easier to get group questing points onto your mains. There isnt much in the way of social points to be had at 50 other than essless running. But if it was cross character then you could get it up in a much mor enjoyable way.

They'd just need to fix social points being awarded from hardmode flashpoints properly, then all complaints about how hard they are to get were moot. No fancy new ideas necessary at all. Edited by Mephane

My observation indicates that in order to maintain a decent social level throughout the game, you have to group up pretty much 100% of the time. Otherwise you will end up grinding.

Here is a breakdown of two of my characters that are even level:

Level 43 Sage - Social Level 4 (really close to 5)

• Grouped 100% of the time with a Shadow friend.
  • Completed all non-FP missions/heroics up through Hoth.
  • Skipped all FPs after the third one.
  • Only completed the first three FPs once.

Level 43 Commando - Social Level 1 (3/5ths of the way to 2)

• Solo most of the time because groups are hard to come by.
  • Grouped up for most Heroics that I could find people for.
  • Relatively close to the same place in the story as the sage.
  • Grouped up for all FPs up to level.
  • Repeated several FPs multiple times, including Esseles.

Obviously someone who is grouped 100% of the time should rightfully have more Social Points and a higher social level, but the disparity there is pretty big. And once you hit level 50 the options for getting social points seem to degrade severely... so you end up grinding.

To me it seems like a bad design choice, but that is just my opinion. They should offer more options once you hit level 50 to get the points up, to encourage more social interaction and a less grindy atmosphere.

I understand that the game is still relatively new, but I hope they work to make this a little easier to digest over time.

Edited by Damethian

They'd just need to fix social points being awarded from hardmode flashpoints properly, then all complaints about how hard they are to get were moot. No fancy new ideas necessary at all.

this one its the only aspect of the game that social points doesnt count .

They'd just need to fix social points being awarded from hardmode flashpoints properly, then all complaints about how hard they are to get were moot. No fancy new ideas necessary at all.

I still think that there needs to be ways to get more social points so it is not SUCH a giant grind

What if social points were shared across all characters making it easier to get group questing points onto your mains. There isnt much in the way of social points to be had at 50 other than essless running. But if it was cross character then you could get it up in a much mor enjoyable way.

this is a really good idea. i was actually thinking the same thing myself. also the tiers need to be fixed i mean 750 points till lvl 2 lol does anyone even have this yet ?