• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1: im in australia

2: i have no degrees in anything that would matter

what i do have is more game time than any of their staff in mmos

i know what makes or breaks a mmo.

this ones not going anywhere but the bargain bin.

You have more game time than any of their staff? Really? How do you know that?

Bioware promised as much effort put into pve would be put into pvp, can you honestly say with a straight face this games pvp is anything but terrible its the worst pvp ive done in yrs and yes AOC pvp was better and more fun even in its crappy buggy state.

they are putting 0 effort into pvp whether you believe it or not pvp tends to be very popular at end game in mmos id easily say over 50% of all mmo players pvp.

I can't believe this game was made and released with this stupid response time issue

mirror classes lagging behind others classes like sith warriors and jedi knights having serious balance issues.

its a shame this game could have been something

Sure can. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. See how opinions work?

Hey everyone!

This is a notice that we recently had to remove several posts from this thread. Here is a reminder of a few of our Rules of Conduct to prevent this from happening again:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Please remember that regardless of the topic, your posts should be constructive and on-topic. Thank you!

1: im in australia

2: i have no degrees in anything that would matter

what i do have is more game time than any of their staff in mmos

i know what makes or breaks a mmo.

this ones not going anywhere but the bargain bin.

You know, most people spend more time in a house than I ever could. But I know how to build them better than about 90% of the population.

Playing a game, and making the game......drastically different. Kind of like the difference between buying a house and building it.

Sure can. I'm enjoying it quite a bit. See how opinions work?

I'll ask nicely since the mods are deleting all my posts

Please tell me what makes this mmo any better than others

without mentioning its great story

i can get a great story in any bioware single player game

You know, most people spend more time in a house than I ever could. But I know how to build them better than about 90% of the population.

Playing a game, and making the game......drastically different. Kind of like the difference between buying a house and building it.

but you can plan how your house would look right? even never building a house in your life you can design the best house ever? right?

same goes for games, you cant release a game with response times like this balance as it is pvp as it is and say well here you go

if i was in charge we wouldnt be bleeding subs which are mostly pvpers which make up for ALOT of the mmo market

challenge for you and anyone else

Name good things about this mmo that dont involve the single player story quest

I enjoyed space combat thats about it

nothing in this game is any good without the story

So, name good things that don't involve the central design factor of the game?

Okay, crafting, space combat, heroics, the 12 flashpoints, alignment system, companions, PvP instances.

All things I consider good parts of the game.

Challenge for you.

Define the word opinion.

That's how you know you have more time played?

I don't work i dont have to im set for life

i play prob 12-14 hrs a day playing mmos

maybe more

swtor you get to 50 then theres nothing to do 1 hr you can finish all the content pvp doesnt work and gearing for pvp is a joke i dont mind spending yrs working on my gear but opening a box praying for gear is just stupid

challenge for you and anyone else

Name good things about this mmo that dont involve the single player story quest

I enjoyed space combat thats about it

nothing in this game is any good without the story

The flashpoints are amazing, I have so much fun with those, The operations are fun especially since the lats patch...I'm really enjoying PVP and crafting......

Just because you don't enjoy these things doesn't mean 1.7 MILLION others don't Our opinions are just as valid as yours.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

I'll ask nicely since the mods are deleting all my posts

Please tell me what makes this mmo any better than others

without mentioning its great story

i can get a great story in any bioware single player game

hmm, I prefer blasters to bows..so it's better.

I prefer speeders to horses, so it's better.

I prefer lightsabers to crazy sword designs (seriously, have you seen some of the designs in eq1,2, and wow..just plain retarded looking), so it's better.

I prefer sci-fi to fantasy, so it's better

didn't mention story once. I also wasn't expecting the actual game mechanics to be drastically different than any other mmo since 1999. Just like I don't expect the next FPS game mechanics to be different from any other FPS since DOOM...

That's not the same as subscribers. It never had more than 450 000 at it's height according to Funcom itself and sold over 1.2 million in it's launch year, probably added to it enough to push it past the 1.3 million mark with the re-launch of the game to the shops with the Godslayer expansion.

but you can plan how your house would look right? even never building a house in your life you can design the best house ever? right?

same goes for games, you cant release a game with response times like this balance as it is pvp as it is and say well here you go

if i was in charge we wouldnt be bleeding subs which are mostly pvpers which make up for ALOT of the mmo market

Nope. You can't. Because there are so many things that are absolutely crucial that you'll never even think of, that make this "look" absolutely impossible.

Though thank you for making my point for me, I can only hope you get it. You can throw out ideas to make anything work, and improve anything. But without the actual knowledge on how to do it, 99 times out of 100, it will utterly fail.

If you were in charge, there wouldn't be a game to play, because you don't know the first thing about making a game. Beyond making up statistics in an attempt to validate your opinion.

Pvpers arent as much as you think. the mas market will like the way this game presents its single player pve game. The casuals pay the bills and most of the casual gamers I know dont have a problem with the pvp. Its the hardcore crowd that do. You guys aren't a majoriy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/electronic-arts-reports-q3-fy12-financial-results-2012-02-01

"-- Star Wars®: The Old Republic has generated 1.7 million active subscribers and sold through more than 2 million units in a little over one month."

Massive drop huh?

that was last quarter... as a current low estimate vg puts active subs at 2.05. That's up quite a bit!

Edited by HomeSlixe

That's not the same as subscribers. It never had more than 450 000 at it's height according to Funcom itself and sold over 1.2 million in it's launch year, probably added to it enough to push it past the 1.3 million mark with the re-launch of the game to the shops with the Godslayer expansion.

They had 700k on their first month. By their q3 report they were below 100k

argue with the q3 report http://www.shacknews.com/article/57362/funcom-loses-23m-age-of

So, name good things that don't involve the central design factor of the game?

Okay, crafting, space combat, heroics, the 12 flashpoints, alignment system, companions, PvP instances.

All things I consider good parts of the game.

Challenge for you.

Define the word opinion.

the Pvp instances are all extremely poorly designed pvp balance is terrible. releasing a game this big with no cross server pvp is beyond a joke alot of servers cant even have pvp matches they dont pop... ever!

crafting why would you go anything but biotech nothing else has any value at 50 None at all

companions are stupid game breaking even i feel like my character is completely unplayable without it making me seem weak story is all based around me being this super sith or jedi that cant kill anything without my companion.

so much loot is ninjaed in flashpoints because of the companions people roll on everything cause they can its become the norm.

space combat i enjoyed but its nothing compared to any other starwars space combat its just point and shoot you have 0 control of anything.

alignment system just limits the game even more

nothing about this game is new or good besides the story

I don't work i dont have to im set for life

i play prob 12-14 hrs a day playing mmos

maybe more

swtor you get to 50 then theres nothing to do 1 hr you can finish all the content pvp doesnt work and gearing for pvp is a joke i dont mind spending yrs working on my gear but opening a box praying for gear is just stupid

Well, that's not what you said. You said you knew you had more MMOG played time because they weren't addressing the things you wanted fast enough (which is probably the least logical thing ever said on these boards, which makes it one of the least logical things ever uttered in mankind's history because there is no correlation at all).

And now, you switch to saying you know that you have more MMOG play time because you're a billionaire that sits around and plays MMOG 12-14 hours a day.

Which still doesn't address how you know you have more played time than anyone on their staff because you have yet to provide any source on how much they have played, or how long any of them have been playing.

But you, a veritable no one on the web, is seemingly the pinnacle of MMOG knowledge. You would think that sort of knowledge and resource would be getting consulting work out the wazzooo. Maybe someone will see your e-peen here and quickly snap you up on staff. Oh I forgot, you're comfortably well off and no need to work, just criticize other's work.

Edited by Scar

Pvpers arent as much as you think. the mas market will like the way this game presents its single player pve game. The casuals pay the bills and most of the casual gamers I know dont have a problem with the pvp. Its the hardcore crowd that do. You guys aren't a majoriy.

watch the subs go down sharply in the next month or 2

those are your pvpers

because nothing is being addressed pvp wise

Well, that's not what you said. You said you knew you had more MMOG played time because they weren't addressing the things you wanted fast enough (which is probably the least logical thing ever said on these boards, which makes it one of the least logical things ever uttered in mankind's history because there is no correlation at all).

And now, you switch to saying you know that you have more MMOG play time because you're a billionaire that sits around and plays MMOG 12-14 hours a day.

Which still doesn't address how you know you have more played time than anyone on their staff because you have yet to provide any source on how much they have played, or how long any of them have been playing.

But you, a veritable no one on the web, is seemingly the pinnacle of MMOG knowledge. You would think that sort of knowledge and resource would be getting consulting work out the wazzooo. Maybe someone will see your e-peen here and quickly snap you up on staff. Oh I forgot, you're comfortably well off and no need to work, just criticize other's work.

i wish that kind of money. only enough to live without working

however if i play 12-14 hrs during the day without what i play at night. how could anyone with a job compete with game time ive been playing since UO

I would never release a mmo without a combat log that is just beyond a joke pvers and pvpers need it its prob one of the most important things in an mmo

any hardcore pver or pvper needs to know how they are progressing you cant do that if you have no clue whats going on