So the newly 50's expect to be treated like royalty because?

Zhaker

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, yeah, maybe if you're terrible at the game. If you know what you're doing, the brackets didn't change anything. Games take just as long, give just as much valor, give just as much comms. It's just as easy to earn comms. You're deluding yourself if you actually think it's any harder.

no you are the one who is delusional, why do you think they made the brackets in the first place? Because it was too easy for the lvl 50's to roll non lvl 50's. nuff said.

no you are the one who is delusional, why do you think they made the brackets in the first place? Because it was too easy for the lvl 50's to roll non lvl 50's. nuff said.

More like due to people like you crying as loud as possible.

Edit: No one is saying it wasn't easy to kill sub-level 50s. What I'm saying is you're delusional if you think farming valor is any harder with brackets than without.

Edited by Dovahbrah

Do you honestly believe that 10% expertise and 2-3k health is insurmountable?

For most gamers, yes. There are some exteremely great and exteremely bad gamers that it won't matter either way. But for most, the difference between Expertise 400-500 and a fresh toon is laughable.

For most gamers, yes. There are some exteremely great and exteremely bad gamers that it won't matter either way. But for most, the difference between Expertise 400-500 and a fresh toon is laughable.

I agree that it won't matter for good/bad gamers. But I fail to see how 10% expertise is insurmountable. It's 10%. If I'm hitting you for 2k with 0 expertise, I'll only hit your for 2.2k with 10% expertise. I just don't see how it's such an issue.

Do you know what level 50s do in pve when they hit 50? They do regular mode 50 dungeons, dailies, get crafted gear and do early hardmode FPs. They match the gear they have with the difficulty of the flashpoint.

Do you know what level 50s do in pvp when they hit 50? They have NO CHOICE but to go up against BM players because the only way to get pvp gear is by being stomped over and over and over. Your logic would make sense if there was a matchmaker based on your expertise gear- but there isn't.

This would be a more accurate way of saying it. PvErs- the moment you hit 50, you can do nothing but nightmare modes of operations until you get your gear. That seem fair? Well, that's how the pvp system works right now.

But rejoice! They're nerfing BM/Champ loot drops, so that gap will be even harder to bypass!

Sadly this is a flat out lie. Any fresh 50 can do some dailies in Ilum/Belsavis and fill their orange items with epic armor. Then they can take the money they made from their dailies to the GTN, where they can proceed to buy epic mods/enhancements. Thus bringing up their gear to the same item level as Centurion gear. EASY EPICS.

The sad fact of the matter is that all too often I'm stuck in a Warzone with some bad that's crying cus he's getting farmed. I inspect the poor bastard and see that he's still wearing level 30/40 blues and greens. I see this over and over and over. People seem to have a sense of entitlement and won't even put in the tiny effort it takes to do a couple days worth of dailies to get a FULL LEVEL 50 EPIC SET.

I really hope BW doesn't go the route of WoW and start handing out free gear to every moron, oh wait they already do, yet said morons still want it to be even easier.

Most gamers are casual. People have jobs, kids, school, and other responsibilities outside of gaming. Conrats on Valor60. Did you have actual fun during this grind? Do you have fun when you are matched against someone at an insurmountable gear disadvantage? What game are you looking to play next after you get bored with nothing to "accomplish"?

If I didn't enjoy the grind, I wouldn't play mmo's, I'd play single-players.

I don't have a game in mind, thats why I roll alts... which is what BW was hoping would happen. duh.

Most gamers are casual. People have jobs, kids, school, and other responsibilities outside of gaming. Conrats on Valor60. Did you have actual fun during this grind? Do you have fun when you are matched against someone at an insurmountable gear disadvantage? What game are you looking to play next after you get bored with nothing to "accomplish"?

So, most gamers can thus do some easy dalies, and get the epic armor from them. They can then proceed to the GTN where they can buy some epic mods/enhancements and voila a full epic set at level 50. Easy peasy nice and breezy.

You don't need Valor 60 to have epics. Why you hate on people because they're getting rewarded for their efforts?

The sad fact of the matter is that all too often I'm stuck in a Warzone with some bad that's crying cus he's getting farmed. I inspect the poor bastard and see that he's still wearing level 30/40 blues and greens. I see this over and over and over. People seem to have a sense of entitlement and won't even put in the tiny effort it takes to do a couple days worth of dailies to get a FULL LEVEL 50 EPIC SET.

I really hope BW doesn't go the route of WoW and start handing out free gear to every moron, oh wait they already do, yet said morons still want it to be even easier.

Yep, due to the stupid RNG system, within a week, maybe two, someone who is a fresh 50 can be just as geared as I am after being 50 for over a month.

Don't worry though, they've announced a reduction in the stats, which still wont be enough to put a fresh 50 on even footing with a geared 50, which means within a day of the patch all of the nerf screamers will be back here crying for more nerfs because they are *STILL* getting stomped by better players.

It's a stat reduction, which means a skilled player will have a better chance of killing an unskilled, but geared, player. Which means Alanis and most of his ilk will still not stand a chance against anyone with a few pieces. Be prepared to be underwhelmed by the nerf kiddies.

It's still not the instant gratification of insta-gearing at 50, or an all out removal of pvp gear, or a separation of valor rankings that people have been demanding. It just wont be enough to appease these vehement people.

Edited by Celebrus

this is just more of the same attitude of the new generation MMOer the i want it now i dont want to work for it attitude that all you guys have.

you can honestly sit there and say its not fair that if you just hit 50 that its gonna be hard to pvp against 50's in BM gear? NO **** !! when i hit 50 i expect it to be a tough couple days until i can hold my own its called common sense , but hey lets cry and complain to the devs and get things nerfed just like in every game that has come out since wow.

what happens next is you guys cry things get nerfed the majority of the would be faithful players leave and all you guys that got your way will lose interest in a month or 2 anyways .... sounds alot like what happens to every mmo that comes out and the reason it dies after 3 months

Dev teams really need to stop adjusting things to the casual 5 hour a week players that wont keep interested in the game after 2 months anyway this is why games keep dieing. Dont water everything down so someone that put 50 hours into their character can easily kill someone that has put 500 hours into their character .. i mean come on wheres the common sense

Give me the good ol eq1 days of 1500 AA"s where the time u spent on your character directly effected the strength of your player

I agree that it won't matter for good/bad gamers. But I fail to see how 10% expertise is insurmountable. It's 10%. If I'm hitting you for 2k with 0 expertise, I'll only hit your for 2.2k with 10% expertise. I just don't see how it's such an issue.

And its 10% less damage you are taking as well. And its about 3k or more HP. In your example, say you have both toons doing attacks that would be 2000 damage as you suggested.

After 5 hits, a fresh 50 will have taken 11,000 damage and be dead or very close to it. The vet will have taken 9,000 damage and still have 5,000 HP. The fresh 50 would have had to have done 55% more damage to have won that fight.

That is huge.

And its 10% less damage you are taking as well. And its about 3k or more HP. In your example, say you have both toons doing attacks that would be 2000 damage as you suggested.

After 5 hits, a fresh 50 will have taken 11,000 damage and be dead or very close to it. The vet will have taken 9,000 damage and still have 5,000 HP. The fresh 50 would have had to have done 55% more damage to have won that fight.

That is huge.

that Fresh 50 isn't entitled to beat that BM 50 ... its a mmorpg, not a mmo-welfare state.

that Fresh 50 isn't entitled to beat that BM 50 ... its a mmorpg, not a mmo-welfare state.

AMEN!!!! why is this concept so hard for people to understand .. better yet why is it so hard for the devs to understand

Its simple , you idiots are playing the wrong type of game , dont destroy the game because you are stupid .. simply find the right game

you want to log in to an MMO and get into a field where everyone is the same in strength ... its called battlefield or MW ... dont get an MMORPG mixed up with an MMO shooter they both are fun but you shouldnt expect the same guidelines in one that u find in another

And there is the flaw in your thinking. They are both the same level, and same skills. If the newer toon is better he should have a shot at winning.

This would be like Lineage devs saying everyone with +9 weapons and gear are being downgraded to +0 because you're ownage is too op.

Its ridiculous.

And there is the flaw in your thinking. They are both the same level, and same skills. If the newer toon is better he should have a shot at winning.

heres the flaw in your thinking ... fresh 50 = 60 hours ( just useing a number) BM 50 might = 250 hours ... just because 2 people are the same level ( maxed level at that so you cant see how much extra time was put into the character) doesnt mean they have the same amount of time invested in the character

Like i said before ill take back 1500 AA's to advance a character over nicer graphics anyday

Its simple , you idiots are playing the wrong type of game , dont destroy the game because you are stupid .. simply find the right game

you want to log in to an MMO and get into a field where everyone is the same in strength ... its called battlefield or MW ... dont get an MMORPG mixed up with an MMO shooter they both are fun but you shouldnt expect the same guidelines in one that u find in another

Catering to gear-grinders and causing casual players (who make up the majority of gamers) to quit will lead to an empty game. But no worries, people will be able to find the fresh new game that copies awful elements of WOW, and grind and grind to bloat their elitist egos while they praise their PvP leet skills over players with lesser gear.

Rinse and repeat.

Catering to gear-grinders and causing casual players (who make up the majority of gamers) to quit will lead to an empty game. But no worries, people will be able to find the fresh new game that copies awful elements of WOW, and grind and grind to bloat their elitist egos while they praise their PvP leet skills over players with lesser gear.

Rinse and repeat.

Good point. I quit WoW early on for that reason... the PvP absolutely sucked.

That is huge.

don't try to speak logically to this guy, he does not know the meaning of the word.