People have a right to complain

SOMTOM

I'm noticing a lot of people rushing to the defense of Bioware. I'm not even going to create names for them as i see other's already going "Fanboy" 'White knight" etc etc.. there's no need..

People have a right to complain though, just as much as people have a right to defend.

However, I want to put in my 2 cents that this has NOT been a smooth launch at all- Just because things are working for YOU doesn't mean it's going smoothly there's still a lot out there with major problems (i'm not talking about in game)

My buddy pre ordered the delux edition, 70$ Which is probably GONE down the tubes.. his account still does not even REFLECT that he entered his pre order code... also when he tries to enter the code again? it says it's ALREADY BEEN USED.

He actually can't even post on the forums still.. and when he emails customer support he's getting NO help at all, or responses.. Talk about leaving someone in limbo who just spent 70$ on something. His cd key could have been gobbled up for good, and through my research of googling forums out there it looks like there's many more out there with this same issue.

Try wiping your cookies in your browser or using a different one, may not be the problem, but many have solved the issue by doing that too.

(although if you're not getting an acceptance e-mail then I guess something else is up)

Edited by Goretzu

That sucks for your buddy.

I bought a new car once and had a transmission problem a month later. It was covered under warranty but it still sucked. I also just sent my kids Xbox back for the 2nd time in two years for repairs.

Life isn't fair - sometimes things just don't work right. While you do have the right to complain, it always goes better for me when I try to be understanding and patient rather than raging on the unfortunate soul who picks up my phone call.

I like my cookies with milk ,

but to the OP I think most agree you have the right to voice your concers and complain, I think the problem , which my response and your new thread adds to it, is that theres been about 53904859340589340589340 threads on this, we really dont need new ones, we get it, BW gets it, even the Pope probably gets it by now.

Its like the Occupy people, really great cause, untill its just the homelss left shooting up drugs in the little tent cities, not really serving its purpose anymore.

That sucks for your buddy.

I bought a new car once and had a transmission problem a month later. It was covered under warranty but it still sucked. I also just sent my kids Xbox back for the 2nd time in two years for repairs.

Life isn't fair - sometimes things just don't work right. While you do have the right to complain, it always goes better for me when I try to be understanding and patient rather than raging on the unfortunate soul who picks up my phone call.

He has actually already sent in SEVERAL emails.. and it seems to be some sort of Call center staffed by Asian people with bad english responding to him...

The same response he is getting is "try to use your cd key again".. Which is obviously not helping.

I'm noticing a lot of people rushing to the defense of Bioware. I'm not even going to create names for them as i see other's already going "Fanboy" 'White knight" etc etc.. there's no need..

People have a right to complain though, just as much as people have a right to defend.

However, I want to put in my 2 cents that this has NOT been a smooth launch at all- Just because things are working for YOU doesn't mean it's going smoothly there's still a lot out there with major problems (i'm not talking about in game)

My buddy pre ordered the delux edition, 70$ Which is probably GONE down the tubes.. his account still does not even REFLECT that he entered his pre order code... also when he tries to enter the code again? it says it's ALREADY BEEN USED.

He actually can't even post on the forums still.. and when he emails customer support he's getting NO help at all, or responses.. Talk about leaving someone in limbo who just spent 70$ on something. His cd key could have been gobbled up for good, and through my research of googling forums out there it looks like there's many more out there with this same issue.

You'll get help if you ask without being an brat with an entitlement sickness.

Beside that, I hope everything goes wrong for you (+100 Darkness Point)

He has actually already sent in SEVERAL emails.. and it seems to be some sort of Call center staffed by Asian people with bad english responding to him...

The same response he is getting is "try to use your cd key again".. Which is obviously not helping.

So basically he gets a call centre that others done get, and oh look another person registered in December to do the complaining.

I hate cold-calling people on the phone. Even in my line of work I prefer to submit e-mail tickets over calling someone.

However, when it comes to tech support for MMORPGs, I'll make the phone call every time.

Edited by DaiTengu

Here's my two cents on this:

I have the same issues. However, it has been mentioned that on the launcher it may say no subscription on the account. however, when you recieve the access email that will go away.

i choose to infer then that in my account it will then complete the field that has my key logged in. if not, then as BW suggests, I will contact them.

on the note of complainers. yes, they have every reason to believe that they can complain, just as people can defend. however, it is not a said right, nor is it acceptable that they put down others or use foul language. also, well thought out ideas would be nice as opposed to "shut up" and "loser" as replies. remember, this is a company, not a democratic republic government. BW doesn't have to let you do anything.

The proof of pre-order code redemption isn't on your main account page. You have to look on the right side of the screen, where all of the account links and options are. Click the one that says 'Games' and the next page should show his early access info. If your friend was looking at his main account page, where there is a checkmark next to 'Five Security Questions!' and 'Contact Information is Complete!', there will not be a checkmark next to 'Redeem a Product Registration Code'. That is for the actual product code that will be emailed to him. The code he has already redeemed is only the early access code.

Peple have a right to complain. But would it KILL them to complain about stuff that is legitimate!?

So many complaints are about having been "ripped off because people PAID for EGA".

I was GUARANTEED 5 days EGA. etc...

I registered my game in September. There is an issue with my code. I haven't received my email yet. THAT is a complaint, and I sent support an email, and got a prompt reply (1 day is fast, imo, considering). But whining that BioWare is ruining your life becasue you have to wait to play a game? What a society of whiners....

I have also already illustrated that his account won't even work on the forums.

and yes under all 3 browsers, Firefox, Chrome and IE.

This isn't the only occurance of this issue as well, just google it. Lots of people outside this website on other game forums are talking about this.. why? b/c they can't post here on these forums and talk about it... DUH?

and yes.. under the "My Account" section.. clicking ALL of the links on the right hand side, to include "games" there is no reflection what so ever of redeeming a code.

You're wrong. The customer is always right. If the company provided a used order code IT IS WRONG. He has a right to be pissed.

christ almighty, these forums are like a vat of stupid.

ROFL only customers believe the customer is always right. Companies believe "let the customer think he is right, help them if it is cost effective. Otherwise make them feel as good as possible and get them off the phone and get to the next call."

OP, I don't know your friends abilities or if he just got a bum deal but I had no problems with the pre-order code. Sign up, Receive email, enter code. Pretty straight forward but, I am sure there could be some issues that popped up.

As far as the launch itself goes, this is the smoothest I have seen in an MMO. I think they may have stirred up some hurt feelings with their staggered launch but the release has gone quite well so far. The people I tend to jump on when they complain are the ones with baseless complaints for instance, the people who can't seem to wrap their brains around the fact that "up to five days" doesn't mean that they are guaranteed five days.

ROFL only customers believe the customer is always right. Companies believe "let the customer think he is right, help them if it is cost effective. Otherwise make them feel as good as possible and get them off the phone and get to the next call."

Without the customers money, the company is nothing.

Legitimate complaints are an important part of feedback and it allows a company to plan and adapt to reduce the chances of similar things happening again.

Complaining without grounds or without taking advantage of information available to you Just causes confusion.

Im gald im not employed to work out what is a valid complaint and what is a waste of time.

If you have a legitamate issue reasearch it.

Knowing what the problem is gets you half way to solving it.