Getting sick of these 2AM system shutdowns.

acelesson

You are aware that if I as a software developer told my client that line, I'd be without a job and without payment.... "Sorry sir: you've got to remember it is a new system. It is likely you'll have constant downtime while we fix the issues we neglected to find during testing."

bwahahahaha!

Anyway,

not interested in a debate on the subject:

just showing my discontent. I do incidentally want to play the game, but because the servers go down at 6PM (Brisbane time) every 2nd day, it makes it kinda difficult.

You want to pay 100k per month like a business does? Then go for it..

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work until 12am CST, and like to play at night before it shuts down. Why arent these updates done at 4am-6am? Dont give me that crap that it interrupts with the Europeans...make them their own servers then. This is BS and it needs to be addressed!

The fact is that you work at an unconventional time. The majority work 9-5 (or thereabouts) so they're trying to suit the masses. With the hours you work there's always going to be someone unhappy. Would you prefer they did it during the day? Because I'm sure you most likely start later so that won't appease you. The only way to make you happy would be to do it during prime time which would be against the masses.

Look at the bigger picture and stop thinking about yourself. Don't like it? Get a 9-5.

I do however, agree about setting European servers on a seperate maintenance schedule, this would be nice but it's only a minor inconvenience for most people.

and you are more than free to find a new game.... I dont see the problem here?

And this is a horribly dense idea. If everyone did that who wasn't happy with what the game is doing, that would lead to a lot fewer subs. Fewer subs means a failing game that ends up cutting the development team, fewer patches, less content, and the game begins to spiral into limbo.

Want to see what happens to an MMO where players exercise their right to "find a new game"? Check out DCUO. That game had all the makings to be a success including a large name brand and it failed miserably.

Be happy that people are here playing the game. Be happy that they care enough for the future of the game to actually lodge complaints rather than just being quiet and leaving. Because if people just left instead, that would be hurting you and those that stuck around a lot more than it would hurt the ones leaving.

And this is a horribly dense idea. If everyone did that who wasn't happy with what the game is doing, that would lead to a lot fewer subs. Fewer subs means a failing game that ends up cutting the development team, fewer patches, less content, and the game begins to spiral into limbo.

Want to see what happens to an MMO where players exercise their right to "find a new game"? Check out DCUO. That game had all the makings to be a success including a large name brand and it failed miserably.

Be happy that people are here playing the game. Be happy that they care enough for the future of the game to actually lodge complaints rather than just being quiet and leaving. Because if people just left instead, that would be hurting you and those that stuck around a lot more than it would hurt the ones leaving.

i AM happy people are playing.. you obviously are not.. and i suggest to you sir, that you move to a game you are happy with..its obvious you are not happy with SWTOR

Do you really thing they like doing this??? Do you think the want to be at work at midnight 3 night this week?

its a new game this is normal...

The problem is that these "happy people" don't quite understand the fact that no matter what time maintenance is, someone, somewhere is going to be inconvenienced.

Here a hint.. Dont buy a MMO at the start if you dont like downtimes.. It really that simple..

This is a fallacy now. As I have referenced before, the notion of a MMO launch = lots of downtime is an outdated notion. Rift proved you can have a large launch without lots of downtime. And they were successful enough to win several awards for game of the year and MMO of the year.

I dont understand the attitude to play a game or worse..to pay for a game you are unhappy with..just stop playing.. dont post on the forums...its not hard unless people are trying to insight arguments...

The point isn't I'm not unhappy with the GAME. The point is, due to my schedule, they are making playing the game (which I find quite fun) unplayable with the downtime schedule. I would think they could find a solution that provides viable alternatives to people other than "deal with it or quit". I don't think that's a healthy attitude because you alienate a portion of your customer base.

In effect, BW is telling those of us that play these hours that we don't matter. That includes daytime EU players, not just me (PST). I want to game to succeed, honestly.

Edited by immortalhaze

The Hatred is strong in this one... :rolleyes:

No hate, I just think it's a silly attitude to tell other players in a social game to fluff off. Not really that hard to try to take everyone's point of view into consideration to see if there are solutions that can make them content.

This is a fallacy now. As I have referenced before, the notion of a MMO launch = lots of downtime is an outdated notion. Rift proved you can have a large launch without lots of downtime. And they were successful enough to win several awards for game of the year and MMO of the year.

Name another.. Come on..

Rift had a great start but it not the NORM...

i AM happy people are playing.. you obviously are not.. and i suggest to you sir, that you move to a game you are happy with..its obvious you are not happy with SWTOR

I'm happy with the game. I'm not happy with the way it is being ran, or the decisions being done on the corporate/development level.

They could be addressing their problems in a lot better manner than they are currently.

It appears that they are a little/a-lot more reactive lately than proactive; their patches seem to be causing more issues than they are actually fixing. To quote someone earlier, "It is what it is" and there is nothing we can do about it (except leave if we want) However, they really need to get a handle on things because four maintenance sessions in two weeks is a little high. Then again, some of these issues have been going on for awhile and we all paid a good deal of money for a game which sometimes does not feel complete.

I work until 12am CST, and like to play at night before it shuts down. Why arent these updates done at 4am-6am? Dont give me that crap that it interrupts with the Europeans...make them their own servers then. This is BS and it needs to be addressed!

People complain about everything with this game o.O

Glitches, bugs, patches, textures, content.. Let's talk about politics -_-

The point isn't I'm not unhappy with the GAME. The point is, due to my schedule, they are making playing the game (which I find quite fun) unplayable with the downtime schedule. I would think they could find a solution that provides viable alternatives to people other than "deal with it or quit". I don't think that's a healthy attitude because you alienate a portion of your customer base.

In effect, BW is telling those of us that play these hours that we don't matter. That includes daytime EU players, not just me (PST). I want to game to succeed, honestly.

Then what would you sugeest? Splitting the servers even more into time zones, so when Central is down West is still up? That would mean not allowing new character creaitons during that time on the respective still up servers. That makes very little sense. Making Eu times different than NA is a LOT more understandable, as the population affected is much greater.

Name another.. Come on..

Rift had a great start but it not the NORM...

You are right. It's not the norm because MMOs don't do it and players allow it. It is the same thing with console games now. They are pushed out with tons of bugs or less content because developers know they can fix it via DLC or charge for it. And players keep okaying that type of mentality.

What Rift proved was that it CAN be done. It successfully proved that when a MMO launches with lots of problems, that is not a necessity, but a result of the company not doing their due diligence. This was Trion's first MMO too and they succeeded where no other major MMO did. People should be making note of that and not writing it off as a fluke. That should be players expectation for all game launches.

Look, the fact that we're complaining about downtime should tell people that we LIKE the game. I mean, we're complaining that we can't play it. It's not like we're whining about how underpowered my class is and I'm quitting if they don't make Slicing give me a free subscription to the cake of the month club.

I guess I just don't understand the amount of negativity this message gets.

Then what would you sugeest? Splitting the servers even more into time zones, so when Central is down West is still up? That would mean not allowing new character creaitons during that time on the respective still up servers. That makes very little sense. Making Eu times different than NA is a LOT more understandable, as the population affected is much greater.

Honestly, I think you'd get about 10% of the complaints if you split them between NA and EU, but allowed access to the servers still up. Do a 50/50. Patch each zone in it's lowest population period, then you have far fewer people trying to log on to other servers that are still up. At least people could still play.

But just telling a whole section of players to FOAD is unacceptable, to me at least.

Edited by immortalhaze

Look, the fact that we're complaining about downtime should tell people that we LIKE the game. I mean, we're complaining that we can't play it. It's not like we're whining about how underpowered my class is and I'm quitting if they don't make Slicing give me a free subscription to the cake of the month club.

I guess I just don't understand the amount of negativity this message gets.

So if you got home from work tonight and found out you are one of the many people now suffering from severe game stability issues (I'm getting full-on Blue Screen System Crashes), would you be for or against this Emergency Maintenance/Patch?

So if you got home from work tonight and found out you are one of the many people now suffering from severe game stability issues (I'm getting full-on Blue Screen System Crashes), would you be for or against this Emergency Maintenance/Patch?

You're saying that game availability to you is more important than it is to me, yes? Why not patch it immediately - right now?

If I was you, I'd be mad that BioWare pushed a patch that caused this to happen to me to begin with.

You're saying that game availability to you is more important than it is to me, yes? Why not patch it immediately - right now?

Read my post...

I'm one of many suffering from issues. That's how BW prioritizes fixes like this.

Try reading THIS Blog from BW and you might understand that they only do something like this when it's impacting a significant portion of their playerbase.

If I was the only one suffering from this, I'd be SoL and would be spending days/weeks working with CS to resolve my issue, but I'm not - so it looks like you are the one playing the "Special Snowflake" card here :jawa_wink:

Read my post...

I'm one of many suffering from issues. That's how BW prioritizes fixes like this.

Try reading THIS Blog from BW and you might understand that they only do something like this when it's impacting a significant portion of their playerbase.

If I was the only one suffering from this, I'd be SoL and would be spending days/weeks working with CS to resolve my issue, but I'm not - so it looks like you are the one playing the "Special Snowflake" card here :jawa_wink:

You realize that my downtimes have been a week ago Monday, Friday/Saturday, again Monday, and now Wednesday. When has anyone that plays prime time US been unable to play? I guess that makes me a special snowflake...