Incoming damage change?

pzljug

Ok I've had really no issues 1-29, but it seems 30+ I'm taking a lot more damage. Even more then Quinn can keep up with sometimes. Is this normal or did they do something in one of the patches?

I used to be able to handle two lvl strongs with not much of a problem, was just a longer fight for me, but lately I'm keyboard turning just to stay alive. I believe my gear is up to par, I always leave a planet with a couple of upgrades and always switching out my mods. Same on my companions (granted they could be better).

Edited by pzljug
confusing title

Keyboard turning to stay alive? wut?

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Your defensive cool-downs are not o-**** buttons. Use them early and use them often and, above all, keep yourself and Quinn geared.

If you're having that much trouble go Annihilation for the self-heals.

I'm sorry, but that really doesn't answer my question. I know and use my defensive abilities very well, when and how isn't up for discussion. I'm curious if anyone has noticed if the mobs are hitting harder after 30 or after the last couple of updates.

My gear, as stated is basically lvl'd with the content I'm working on and I already said that Quinn probably could do with a couple of mod upgrades (but really in the grand scheme of things how much can +1 cunning (or aim don't remember at the moment) help)?

But thanks anyway, appreciate the feedback.

Edited by pzljug

I didn't notice a large difference until past 40 but still managed to do fine as Carnage.

Make sure you make use of Charge/Savage Kick and Smash/Pommel Strike to kill mobs quick.

Using Intimidating Roar if two strongs are beating on you (and obfuscating the other) can let Quinn catch up.

Make sure you make use of Charge/Savage Kick and Smash/Pommel Strike to kill mobs quick.

Using Intimidating Roar if two strongs are beating on you (and obfuscating the other) can let Quinn catch up.

Ya, I just read the Smash/Pommel today. Didn't even think of that, I normally just had it following Roar.

Thanks,

I had the same problems in my 30's. I never really dug in to see if there's a gap in useful skills or talents or what, but it cleared up quite a bit right around 40.

Ya I noticed it right after 30 but it was right after a patch too. Wasn't sure if that was normal or if BW did something (not complaining either way). He's 42 now but I still feel like the mobs are hitting harder now.

Thanks,

Ya I noticed it right after 30 but it was right after a patch too. Wasn't sure if that was normal or if BW did something (not complaining either way). He's 42 now but I still feel like the mobs are hitting harder now.

Thanks,

Ah well yes, a recent patch definitely screwed something up. A lot of us are having a worse time with things like Ravage and Choke. Also, I just respec'd out of full Carnage to try out some hybrid builds while still going up to Gore in Carnage. Annihilation / Rage definitely made PvE a lot smoother for me at least, and I'm still evaluating my Carnage / Rage build, but so far it's also more fun / less hair pulling than full Carnage.

Alderaan mobs started hitting harder than Tat mobs did, on a percentage comparison basis.

YES, exactly when I noticed it. Actually made me turn around and went back to Tat for the bonus to see if it was a gear gap.

Thanks,

YES, exactly when I noticed it. Actually made me turn around and went back to Tat for the bonus to see if it was a gear gap.

Thanks,

It got significantly better a few quests in when I replaced some companion gear and bought a commendation piece. No sweat, it gets much better until you hit 40. At that point, PvP to get you and your companion the Level 40 PvP stuff.

It got significantly better a few quests in when I replaced some companion gear and bought a commendation piece. No sweat, it gets much better until you hit 40. At that point, PvP to get you and your companion the Level 40 PvP stuff.

Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.