Why empire population is greater then republic

Alecation

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It all started when the "evil faction" was the side that was always underpopulated on MMO servers. Bioware needs to make sure the servers get as close to a 50/50 balance of faction as people load up on them...and they probably are trying to do that.

I am playing sith for a couple reason , but main one is my friends are, but I am glad, I wanted to be sith as well.

I am a boring 36 year old male, who follows all the laws, most of the rules, dont smoke, dont drink or do drugs. Pretty boring, so I guess I need to live on the edge in a computer game.... yay me.

It's more to do with the fact that bad guys are glorified within movies and television programs nowadays. You only have to catch a glimpse of EastEnders to see how bad it's got. That show is all about suffering and and yet people relish in it. It's a part of the human condition many people have evolved past, yet there are millions out there who still think this kind of behaviour is acceptable.

Game's like this allow people to be bad and get away with it too, but it's mainly because people are under the delusion that being bad is "cool". I feel sorry for those people.

I laugh at anyone who claims that empire is evil...

I personally feel more at place with the empire, than the republic(not jaded by the view the movies give us of the empire)

Uhhh, this isn't the Empire from the movies, the one that quietly subsumed the fairly progressive republic. The Sith Empire we're discussing kills all republic forces when they conquer a world even if they surrender, then go on to massacre any of the population who do not swear allegiance to the Sith Empire and enslave most of the ones who do. Those slaves are considered a disposable labour source, with no rights whatsoever. Their blood and death fuels our Empire's war machine to keep conquering and subjugating more worlds. All force-sensitives in Empire space must be sent to Korriban for training and Sith indoctrination, despite the harshness and high mortality rate of said program, regardless of the individual's age, ability or psychological suitability for said training - for many this is basically a death sentence as they lack the strength in the force or the ruthlessness to survive there. If they refuse to go, or if their family refuse to let them be taken (in the case of young children) they are killed.

In short, we are not nice people

The Sith Empire we're discussing kills all republic forces when they conquer a world even if they surrender, then go on to massacre any of the population who do not swear allegiance to the Sith Empire and enslave most of the ones who do.
It's amusing how this reminds me the Necromongers in a quite good movie, Chronicles of Riddick... :)

It has nothing to do with movies or how people think they or which side has this or that. An stating that it's more fun to be good then bad. Obviously that's not the case since you can be evil or good on either side. I personally believe it has to do with change in social nature in last 5 or so years. When star wars galaxies first came out and many other MMO's with it the "good" side was always largely favored. I mean this game has a serious amount of ex-SWG players(which is great). Maybe 2 years ago every MMO was about 2-1 in favor of the "good" side.

Maybe because this is a new game for a lotta people they don't want to play the good guys again. Some people wanting a complete change is more relative. I also think that you can't really get a good view of how population of factions will be til about month in after release.

Luke: Is the dark side stronger?"

Yoda: "No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Conclusion, the Dark Side is for noobs... ;)

well quoted, watched the movies, few days ago, but then again the sith lord and count doku would not agree with that statement

It's amusing how this reminds me the Necromongers in a quite good movie, Chronicles of Riddick... :)

Well, we really are a race that will convert or kill every living being. Less of the holy half-dead thing, though - we'd rather revel in life.

Luke: Is the dark side stronger?"

Yoda: "No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Conclusion, the Dark Side is for noobs... ;)

That's like asking Gaddafi "Are elections better than having a tyrant leader for decades?"

My point being, Yoda, who is a jedi, is not going to turn around and say "Dark Side is really fun mmmkay." Simply because he follows the light path.

In short, we are not nice people

Oh I never said that empire is free of evil...and the definition of evil is also something that could be argued about.

And most people let their view of the empire be formed by the movies, by the empire represented in those movies...getting it now? :)