What does the 1-49 bracket teach us about PVP gear?

Torleen

Competition is about WINNING. Not about being fair. People do what it takes to win. They grind for hours and hours on end to get the gear they need to WIN. What you are saying is the equivalent to rigging the olympics to give normal people a chance to beat trained and gifted athletes. Those guys "no lifed" it to get where they are. They had to put WORK in to be competitive. You might say "well this is just a game durr" but so is basketball and football, and those games you watch are played by people who bust their asses to be where they are.

Well. Yes they bust there asses to get GOOD. AS IN SKILL. Not to work to get shoes that allow them to run faster - something a BAD player can do to have a chance against the GOOD players. And skill is the whole POINT of football. You can't say it's unfair because someone's better than someone else in a game when the point of the game is SKILL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this is PvP skill should matter more, no?

This is definitely gear vs gear.

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$10 says my GW toon and my guildies in our elite armour sets would beat the crap outta of you and your team.

Gear did and still does matter in GW. Not as much as in this game but as it was previously mentioned in here in GW your could do 15% more damage (whilst hexed, enchanted, under 50% health, etc), You armour could mitigated certain damage, not to mention other crap...

Yeah thats right I played and still play GW (mainly because my collection of elite armour/weapon sets give me BETTER GEAR in GW2)... So please stop with your "Gear doesnt matter" crap.

Same with the DAOC clowns... Obviously if gear didnt matter to you then you never got your class spec crafted gear which ONCE AGAIN made you *********** well decimate others you fought.

ALL GAMES INCLUDING THESE SUPPOSED GAMES YOU CLOWNS CLAIM HAD NO EMPHESIS ON GEAR still had gear tha if combine in a specific way GAVE YOU ADVANTAGES OVER OTHER PLAYERS.

Just like this game. Its just that you noobs are too skilless to acquire gear... Which should only take you 1-2 days max for full champ.

Stop crying you care bears!

And yes, i will see you tools in GW2. And Diablo 3. And TSW... Where my toon will continually mash your skilless-noob heads wih my "supposed" OP gear that is available to EVERYONE for next to no effort!!

Little casual pve-boy who played some alliancebattles against other noobs talking to a competitive GvG-Player, how funny. Maybe your grandmother with a table tennis in her garden wants to go over to china and explain the game to them?

Elite Armour? You know elite armours in GW have exact the same stats as normal armour? There is no *********** difference! Everybody has acces to the best weapons, armour and upgrades in GW, there isn't any gearprogression in GW, not in PvP and not even in PvE, your elitearmour just looks different... It is not the devs fault if you equip a shield with bonus against firedmg while the opposingteam runs a watermage or you give your weapon an upgrade for bonus dmg while enchanted without anybody in your team has any longlasting enchants for you. You are not gimped because the opponents grinded more than you, you are gimped because you're a gimp.

In GW2 you have unlocked every skill, the best weapons and armors, the best upgrades of any kind and you are automatically lvl 80 when you enter structured pvp. There is nobody with any gearadvantage and there never will be. That is a fact, don't buy the game if gearprogression and beating newbies with OP-Gear is what you need to be happy. Your stats in your character sheet will never progress in any kind, ever.

Little casual pve-boy who played some alliancebattles against other noobs talking to a competitive GvG-Player, how funny. Maybe your grandmother with a table tennis in her garden wants to go over to china and explain the game to them?

Elite Armour? You know elite armours in GW have exact the same stats as normal armour? There is no *********** difference! Everybody has acces to the best weapons, armour and upgrades in GW, there isn't any gearprogression in GW, not in PvP and not even in PvE, your elitearmour just looks different... It is not the devs fault if you equip a shield with bonus against firedmg while the opposingteam runs a watermage or you give your weapon an upgrade for bonus dmg while enchanted without anybody in your team has any longlasting enchants for you. You are not gimped because the opponents grinded more than you, you are gimped because you're a gimp.

In GW2 you have unlocked every skill, the best weapons and armors, the best upgrades of any kind and you are automatically lvl 80 when you enter structured pvp. There is nobody with any gearadvantage and there never will be. That is a fact, don't buy the game if gearprogression and beating newbies with OP-Gear is what you need to be happy. Your stats in your character sheet will never progress in any kind, ever.

If GW is so great, why did you stop playing it for another game, then complained about it? GW has it's little niche, if you want a GW type game, go play GW. Don't come into a new game and asking for the samething they have in another.

Just for the record, people who keep bringing up RL sports and saying its a game of skill. Those more skilled use team work to win, which you can do in SWTOR, single or team sports those players also "grinded" not only to improve their skill (reaction time, experience, anticipation) but also they grind ot be better equiped (muscles, flexibility, endurance). Everything in RL sports and competition translate over, brand new mediocre players will be brand new. Just because you were awesome at table tennis, don't expect to be awesome at tennis, they might look similar, but its not the same. And if you think you can win using a ****** tennis racket and play in your old sneakers against someone who has the money to buy the proper gear, then you're a bigger fool than I thought.

Ummm, how aobut people who actually work irl for a living? I understand the argument but when you go out and say such things it only damages your argument. I am all for gearing up, but 4 fully BMed character? Doubt it.

Ether way you don't need full BM gear to be competitive, if all the skill capped players are saying they only reason they are losing is cause these noobs are running in BM gear then they should be able to bash them down with thier champ gear, which is much much much easier to obtain, and is only about 2% off from BM(which is questionable since mods from champ gear is better in most cases).

But I guess the skill capped players here can't close that 2% gap, since it's such a wide margin.

Dude im on ur side. I work for a living and I havent got 1 piece of BM yet. I'm in full champ and dont have ANY of the issues people like Torleen (a supposed PvP grandmaster does). I'm lucky to play 3 nights a week with a total of 2 hours at a time. The only time I was able to spend more time than that was when I was on my 2 weeks of xmas holidays!

My point is, if people like myself can do it then there is no reason that these self proclaimed die hard players can't. Which means there is no reason for them to complain other than the fact that they have no skill at all.

As for the clown who continues to point at GW as the be all end all PvP game... seriously go back to it. Stay there.

Yes i am aware the Elite armour has the same stats. My point is that the die hard pvp'er DO NOT simply use the stock standard gear. I gurantee you that the weapon, shields, etc that you have ALL of incriptions added to them.

+15% damage inscriptions IS MORE than the bonus you get in full Battlemaster.

You claim that GW is all about skill and teamwork.

In the WZ's i play the better team wins. We stomp fully equipped BM groups all the time. Even a well organised PUG group can beat a disorganised geared group.

So please continue your pointless rantings about how great you are at a game that in fact still gives advantage to those who have more powerful items and skills.

So either go back to GW, or stop pugging in SWTOR. Its obvious the issue isnt the gear or the game. ITS YOU!!!

You do realize that you can get expertise pre-50 right?

You can get what, 150ish expertise by around lvl 46ish? Dont try to fool yourself in thinking people aren't doing this for an advantage.

Plus you can still use your adrenals for a +15% to your expertise boost.

Edited by FourTwent