DPS Sage Battlemaster gear stat problem

MithrosOne

Anyone else running into this issue? I finally finished grinding out enough valor for battlemaster. Bought the implants/earpiece, great. Bought the lightsaber great. Looked at the stats for the rest of the gear... wait a sec... Alacrity all over the place replacing both power and surge on almost every other piece??

I'm a hybrid DPS sage and basically all of my abilities (not counting the occasional heals) are instant cast, except telekinetic throw and forcequake which are both channeled. I'd have to give up several hundred surge, and a good amount of power for what is essentially a throwaway stat to a dps sage in pvp. worse, not a single piece has a mod/enhancement with the proper stats, so I can't even buy let's say 3 headpieces and strip the mods out and apply them to the rest of the gear.

So until bioware realizes this major discrepancy and fixes it (not holding my breath), does anyone know where I can find equivalent level mods/enhancements with Power/surge? I'm tempted to throw in some of the champion mods, but that kinda defeats the purpose of getting battlemaster gear in the first place (woo i ground out hundreds of thousands of valor so I could have a slightly different visual on my gear and 20 extra expertise overall).

Anyone else running into this issue? I finally finished grinding out enough valor for battlemaster. Bought the implants/earpiece, great. Bought the lightsaber great. Looked at the stats for the rest of the gear... wait a sec... Alacrity all over the place replacing both power and surge on almost every other piece??

I'm a hybrid DPS sage and basically all of my abilities (not counting the occasional heals) are instant cast, except telekinetic throw and forcequake which are both channeled. I'd have to give up several hundred surge, and a good amount of power for what is essentially a throwaway stat to a dps sage in pvp. worse, not a single piece has a mod/enhancement with the proper stats, so I can't even buy let's say 3 headpieces and strip the mods out and apply them to the rest of the gear.

So until bioware realizes this major discrepancy and fixes it (not holding my breath), does anyone know where I can find equivalent level mods/enhancements with Power/surge? I'm tempted to throw in some of the champion mods, but that kinda defeats the purpose of getting battlemaster gear in the first place (woo i ground out hundreds of thousands of valor so I could have a slightly different visual on my gear and 20 extra expertise overall).

Arent the mods locked in PVP epics?

I've found the same issue. The focus isn't bad and the belt&bracers are ok but the other 5 (chest/leg,etc) are brutal in terms of stats. On one piece it was alacrity and crit. No piece of gear seemed to have surge on it.

I think I'll just get the new pieces and but the mods I want into it. The difference between the mods seems to be 48 vs 51/52 so losing 3 secondary stats to keep the mix I want is worth it.

The sage gear has way to much alacrity.

Buy the BM items with better primary stats, remove the alacrity nonsense, stick 56lvl crit/surge from champion sets. Can't be helped, BM gear sux. You will get some more willpower, endurance and 20 more expertise from the whole set so i guess it's not completely useless and besides you have to spend these commendations on something anyway...

For pretty much every set in the game the most optimal setup is to remove the enhancements and replace them with more optimal stats.

It just seems like the devs kinda forgot about itemization before realzing because it really just copy paste same stat to every item in the game almost.

Best way to get proper stats is either to get champion tokens for head/gloves and remove the crit/surge or power/surge mods(Depend on class) or use champ commendation and choose which is the most optimal.

You can also far Columi head/gloves and do the same thing. If my memory serves right the absolutely best enhancement for PvE would be the one you can get from Columi/Champ Scoundrel gear. It is 23 end, 34 power and 48 surge I think, while the Trooper gloves/head is 38 end, 18 power and 48 surge. The numbers might not be 100% since I'm lazy and can't be bothered to check, but you get the point.

Jedi Knight and Counselor gear has crit/surge in the tier 2 gloves/head.

So basically if you want the most optimal gear right now you just got to start farming. Hopefully Bioware revamps the stats on most items to spice things up. Giving a way to get Q58 enhancement/mods of your own choosing through artifice or Champ/Battlemaster commendations would be great as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Very much this.

I'm upgrading from daily-quest-equipped social gear (brown) to columi / tionese gear...

and i'm losing a ton of crit/surge/power in "favour" of a stat that I just don't use.

- alacrity does NOT help a channeled spell

- alacrity does NOT help an instant cast spell

- alacrity does NOT lower the cooldown (either global or spell-specifc)

- alacrity does NOT improve force regen, infact if anything it makes the force regen much MUCH worse since I'm now casting my 2 cast-time spells faster (when they're not proc'd to be instant)

Thanks for the suggestion on using other classes gear to get the correct stats...

actually, that just makes it worse.

Since you've got a fixed force (mana) pool and a fixed regen rate.

going through spells faster just means you run out of force quicker.

and do less dps in the long run (or else annoy the crap out of your healers with the noble sacrifice)

and do less dps in the long run (or else annoy the crap out of your healers with the noble sacrifice)

The surge problem is moot now as they will be nerfing surge anyway. I think the healing Sage BM gear has less Alacrity and more power/crit but them you lose out on the set bonus, but you could buy it and swap out the mods so you can get the set bonus, but that would take a loooong time, with how rare a BM token is to get. The itemizaetion of gear is bad in this game especially at high levels

The solution is to buy, two force-master pieces, and two mystic pieces. You can buy any robe you wish. Then buy five champion force-master headpieces and take the enhancement mods from those and pop them into your battlemaster pieces. Problem solved.

Very much this.

I'm upgrading from daily-quest-equipped social gear (brown) to columi / tionese gear...

and i'm losing a ton of crit/surge/power in "favour" of a stat that I just don't use.

- alacrity does NOT help a channeled spell

- alacrity does NOT help an instant cast spell

- alacrity does NOT lower the cooldown (either global or spell-specifc)

- alacrity does NOT improve force regen, infact if anything it makes the force regen much MUCH worse since I'm now casting my 2 cast-time spells faster (when they're not proc'd to be instant)

Thanks for the suggestion on using other classes gear to get the correct stats...

You are correct that Alacrity is an unfavorable stat for DPS sages, but your reasoning is not accurate.

Alacrity does not affect instant cast spells or the rate at which DoT's and HoT's tick, but does improve all cast time spells and channeled spells. Alacrity does reduce the GCD for cast-time and channeled effects of their adjusted cast time falls below 1.5 seconds. It does not affect the GCD of instant spells.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-SWTOR-formula-list

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/Thread-Sith-Sorcerer-Jedi-Sage-Lightning-Telekinetics-Compendium

This issue applies to Smugglers as well. Lots of useless stats on Tiered Gunslinger gear; my 'Slinger looks like a chump because none of his armor matches, but it's the only way I can get the stats I want. Hopefully this is improved eventually.

It means your burst damage is higher. I guess that isn't important for you???

Edited by Ewgal