Warzone EXPLOIT 8 vs 10 players

Cpt_Wraith

Dear BioWare

Please FIX THE EXPLOIT which is used by players to invite more then proper number of players to WARZONE.

I just played 8 reps vs 10 emps. It wasnt first time.

And why topics with this exploit are delated and nothing is happening to fix it!

Bump this topic!

Pics or it didn't happen.

You get kicked out of the warzone after about 10 seconds if you are for some reason joining a warzone that is already full. ( Which by the way is an annoying bug! not the kicking , but the joining.... it doesn't happen to often, but feels like such a letdown)

On other forum some1 just post a topic and said he played against 14 players.

On discusion forum lately some1 posted instruction how to use this bug/exploit (its realy simple).

Stop this madness!

i hang around these forums most of the time, never have i seen a topic describing such an exploit and ive never ever seen a topic claiming that there were more then 10 players on a team with any actual proof.claming there were 14 people on enemy team is hyperbole imo.

the 10-man thing i encountered myself 3 times or so, each time with a mixed pug so its safe to assume its a bug.

i hang around these forums most of the time, never have i seen a topic describing such an exploit and ive never ever seen a topic claiming that there were more then 10 players on a team with any actual proof.claming there were 14 people on enemy team is hyperbole imo.

I've seen instructions here, not tried them myself though...

All of the "proof" screenshots I've seen so far though were the scoreboard with more than 8 people on one side. Which is something that naturally happens when people quit or get booted and someone fills in.

Not going to argue with people who posted how to reproduce it. It's either there or not and everybody who gives a damn can go check it out. But it's sure hard to find real evidence for it on these forums. Like you know a screenshot with more than 8 people in the same team on it.

If you want to get this fixed, post screenshots that undeniably show it and can't be explained away and make sure everybody can find them easily.

Edited by dannythefool

Is a bug when one group leader dissconects or gets kicked out of the wz.

The servers counts it as the whole group left intesad of one player.

Group of 4 in 8 ops wz, leader dcs the server thinks it's the group ... 7 still in ... one is not in group so the group is of 3 ... server invites 3 .... 8 vs 10 warzone starts.

Something like that ... at least it was reported by many people that was in the groups the leader got kicked, or stuck in loading screen.

It's not an exploit.

Edited by klathnagma

You can pretty much trick the game into thinking only 1 person in a group of 4 joins a warzone when actually all four join. I've had warzones again 14 players on the opposing faction before. Needless to say the warzone ended in 120 seconds due to numbers difference.

Some people do this on purpose to really quickly farm warzones since the numbers stack in your favor and they're only 2 minutes long before the end and you get rewards.

Is a bug when one group leader dissconects or gets kicked out of the wz.

The servers counts it as the whole group left intesad of one player.

Group of 4 in 8 ops wz, leader dcs the server thinks it's the group ... 7 still in ... one is not in group so the group is of 3 ... server invites 3 .... 8 vs 10 warzone starts.

Something like that ... at least it was reported by many people that was in the groups the leader got kicked, or stuck in loading screen.

It's not an exploit.

That means it's exploitable, means whoever gets leader can disconnect on purpose to give there team the advantage in the knowledge if they reconnect they will be put straight back into the same WZ.

Actually 8+ ppl bug is fairly easy to reproduce. We play in a group of three ppl constantly and one time the queue popped up while I was on a loading screen. Two groupmembers enter, loading finished and i evntered as well.

Then they get the queue again... clicked that and reentered the instance outside the main ops (was a pain as one of them is a healer). So we were 10 vs 8 Imps.

IMO this is should be one of the top priority bugs-to-fix as it is extremely easy to exploit this (many play with premade 4 man group so you will probably get 11 players vs 8. Not exactly a fair fight).

Hmm. I would think if you want it fixed, you would post the method.

It was posted yesterday about 5 times on these boards. Sadly, if you do a search there is probably a good chance the mods didnt get em all. Other than that, google is your friend, its pretty easy to find.

i know how to do this sometimes when u enter match after loading u get another invite to the same wz if u press join u load again & u have no party frames but u get +1 to max players :)

I can confirm this happening to me, quite frequently actually.

Not sure what causes it to happen, but I've had the WZ join prompt pop again immediately after joining a WZ, although I never accepted it because I was afraid it would drop me in a different WZ without my guildie. Never realized what it does until just now.

I played several matches yesterday involving Republic teams consisting of the same people/guilds running teams of 9,10, and a sometimes about 12 people. The fact that it was the same people over and over again leads me to believe that there is some mehtod to controlling the exploit.

Yes it's true the scoreboard can't always confirm it since it includes players that have left the WZ. However, I took a screenshot of a WZ with 10 players, one of whom had 0 numbers and probably left early, but the next player up had damage numbers and at least 3 or 4 medals, and of course their team won, so I doubt any of those players left the WZ early. I'd post the shot right now but I'm on a public computer. I'll post it after I get done with class.

I can confirm this happening to me, quite frequently actually.

I played several matches yesterday involving Republic teams consisting of the same people/guilds running teams of 9,10, and a sometimes about 12 people. The fact that it was the same people over and over again leads me to believe that there is some mehtod to controlling the exploit.

There's a prominent Sith guild on our server doing the same thing.

We've tested it, and confirmed it's easy to repeatedly make it happen. Our guild officers made sure all our guys know not to accept multi-queues, and we've all submitted bug reports about it in game.

Anyone who thinks it's a sporadic bug that's not being abused/used as an exploit needs to wake up. That includes BW devs.