Cant be banned for PVP harassment?

_Admiral

That doesn't address camping. Camping doesn't interfere with the normal flow of gameplay on a PVP server.

...remember that warning pop-up when you selected it...yeah, it was there for a reason.

This has come up in EVERY game that has had open world PvP.

1.) Someone camps lowbies.

2.) Someone brings it up on the forums.

3.) Someone posts the blurb above.

4.) Person doing the camping is repremanded in game (usually just a shove-off by the GMS).

5.) Elite Guards are now placed in even more areas because of people doing this.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't address camping. Camping doesn't interfere with the normal flow of gameplay on a PVP server.

...remember that warning pop-up when you selected it...yeah, it was there for a reason.

Yes, but regularly doing it can be considered harrassment. I just wouldn't do it. If this is how you get your kicks and you get warned or banned, I am sure most won't shed a tear for you.

May I also point you to GZ comments back in september. BW clearly doesn't want ganking of lowbies (it refers to newbies actually), so there is a line here, just don't be surprised if you end up crossing it.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/16510-devtracker-highlights-for-the-week-of-september-15

Edited by Turando

4.) Person doing the camping is repremanded in game (usually just a shove-off by the GMS).

5.) Elite Guards are now placed in even more areas because of people doing this.

PvP happened. More at 11!

The only reason why I think someone would do this is, they are bored of getting their butts handed to them in the WZ's so they have to go kill lowbies to feel better about themselves. L2P and fight someone your own size.

Yes you may camp the lowbies, but all it really does it make you look pathetic. Hey, thanks for telling us you are bad at this game.

If you are on a PvP server, you should expect this type of thing. If someone is terrorizing an area, call in higher levels to help defend against them. If you just sit in a chat and complain about it rather than doing something to fight back, you deserve it. It's a PvP server, war isn't fair, be prepared or go home.

Now how would you like it if someone did that to you when you were lvl 35. It doesn't matter if you can get banned or not it is just not adult behavior to spawn camp lowbies. And before long Bioware will patch it where we can't enter into opposite faction areas at all if people like this make the game nonfun playable.

They joined a pvp server.. thats life. It explained it all before you hit the i want this server button.

Also, Bio says this is just fine. Anything that can be solved thru pvp is fine bio said so.

Read the TOS, you are walking a very tight line. Killing a few lowbies for some kicks every now and then is fine, but camping lowbies on a daily basis is asking for a ban, even on a PvP server.

You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:

- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA Service for the enjoyment of all its users. "

Bio said on pvp servers it is just fine and legal.

We camp Tat for 3 days killing Rebs. They reported, Mod came to general chat and told us no worries on a pvp server it is ok. :)

Edited by Badlander

Correction, it's happened in every bad PVP MMO... and most of which are now dead, or on life support.

Trying to alter world PVP to cater for carebears and PVE'rs who clearly joined the wrong server type for the lolz.

More 11 at news. Derp.

Edited by Jebi

The only reason why I think someone would do this is, they are bored of getting their butts handed to them in the WZ's so they have to go kill lowbies to feel better about themselves. L2P and fight someone your own size.

Yes you may camp the lowbies, but all it really does it make you look pathetic. Hey, thanks for telling us you are bad at this game.

No mate, as I said, I'm near full Battlemaster and can wreck most people in 1v1.

The only legit PVP Im inclined to do is my 2 dailies for a BM bag.

Anythine else is worthless for PVP.

So yes, I kill you lowbies cause it makes you mad