Cant be banned for PVP harassment?

_Admiral

After Bioware said it's bannable offense to go to ilum while being level 12 even though there are no physical restrictions + I see level 12 faming same chest there daily (3rd week already) - I'm not so sure about their logic and their ability to act or make decisions.

Well, actually I'm pretty sure their logic and behavior differ from both common sense and their own statements - so I wouldn't state it's (not) ok to do anything in this game which is (not) restricted in others.

Be careful. Also farming lowbies is boring.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our goal is to build a strong community that offers a comfortable atmosphere for all of our players. This means seeing that players have the ability to combat antisocial behavior

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

Harassment is also any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you or your group. Before reporting, a genuine attempt to alleviate the situation should be made by leaving the area or the offending player, or asking them politely to stop. If a sincere attempt has been made to solve the problem and the offending player persists in the behavior, it should be reported.

Behavior that is always considered harassment includes derogatory and/or hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious, or related to gender or creed.

A judgment of valid harassment can result in penalties placed on the harassing party up to and including immediate account closure, based on the severity of harassment and the player's past account history.

Player versus Player (“PvP”) activities, where available, are not exempt from this policy.

---

Ganking is nothing against rules. Just not mature behaviour. Find your long lost balls and go to some higher lvl zone.

I'm not sure what you think linking this to me accomplished.

On PVP servers, if you can solve a problem through PVP, it's not harassment. It's PVP.

I'm not sure what you think linking this to me accomplished.

On PVP servers, if you can solve a problem through PVP, it's not harassment. It's PVP.

not really, spawn camping afaik is considered harrasment ... problem is that Biowares Customer support is so slow that you dont really need to bother report since by the time they get around to answer the ticket 3 days will have passed...

Edited by Libertine

Spawn camping e.g. as they spawn you instakill them again, I think would defo be 'harrassment' although I thought BW fixed this issue.

Staying in a particular area where lowbies of the opposite faction are likely to quest and murdering them over and over is not harrassment in my opinion - at least on a PvP server.

If it wasn't BWs intention for this to occur then they should have put level caps on certain contested territories (i.e. level 50 in a capped 35 area would become an exhaustion zone)...

This is not the mechanic or intention therefore kill to your hearts content.

You are not stopping the players of the opposite faction progressing as they can either put together their own gank squad of level 50's with BM gear to protect them, or alternatively move to somewhere else on map to do other quests / or go to another planet/ or run flashpoints.

not really, spawn camping afaik is considered harrasment ... problem is that Biowares Customer support is so slow that you dont really need to bother report since by the time they get around to answer the ticket 3 days will have passed...

It's a PvP server. It is NOT harassment. While a 35 poses no challenge to him, he is entirely in the right. Like he said tho, eventually some 50s showed up and face rolled him. If you don't like it go play on a PvE/RP server like others have suggested.

S

If it wasn't BWs intention for this to occur then they should have put level caps on certain contested territories (i.e. level 50 in a capped 35 area would become an exhaustion zone)...

They wouldn't do that. Carebears would rage, not to mention everyone who has a quest they are forced to finish because they picked up a quest line they can't abandon... I see nothing wrong with a 50 ganking a lowbie. It happens. Is it a challenge? No. Is it sad? Absolutely. But guess what! I went to help a level 24 guild member who had trouble with 2-3 sith on tatooine at the czerka facility. I was only like 39 at the time, but it was still incredibly easy to wreck 3 of them AND their pets. One of them had actually seen me on the way there in the desert and was attacking another player and for some reason decided to knock me off of my speeder. I would have left him alone as I had more pressing business but he paid several times for his mistake. Then he showed up at the czerka compound lol.

Edit: also, Tatooine has a FFA area. So how would that exhaustion work then... seriously bad idea. If you don't like being ganked (especially when there is no reward for even killing on level players), then don't play on a PvP server or level with friends. It would be nice if they did something like Rift where bodies dropped credits at least.

Edited by Callo

Now how would you like it if someone did that to you when you were lvl 35. It doesn't matter if you can get banned or not it is just not adult behavior to spawn camp lowbies. And before long Bioware will patch it where we can't enter into opposite faction areas at all if people like this make the game nonfun playable.

tbh it doesnt matter if they like it or not. ill agree its not a nice thing to do and id never do it myself under normal circumstances (did it once in protest of 1.1 when pvp was completely dead for 50s on my old server) but ppl that complain about it simply shouldnt have rolled on a pvp server. ofc its not the definition of proper pvp but the beauty about pvp servers is there are no rules. if some ppl decide to run a full premade of bm geared chars and camp a lvl 25 spaceport for 5 hours they can do so. period. wether its a nice thing to do or if those ppl are ******* is a complete different question and is pretty much irrelevant cos its perfectly fine within the server ruleset of pvp.

Had this happen on alderaan a week ago with a group of 50s sitting outside castle organa jumping the people trying to quest. After pulling them one at a time into the guards for about 15 minutes on my level 32 Vanguard they went elsewhere. Working as intended I suppose.

So, Im on my 50 being a (notniceperson)

Sitting at Alderaan repub spaceport (Im empire), killing all the level 35'ish people that try to leave.

Cant get banned for this amirite?

Since it is a PVP server.

You wouldnt last long on my server. Cant say I blame you though with the state of end game pvp being what it is. Once a person gets battlemaster and geared then what? Keep running on that hampster wheel to nowhere?

Just be glad this game has PVE server options. So sad about Archeage. Looks like so much fun, but doesn't look like there will be any actual PVE servers. Imagine dealing with people like the OP whether you want to or not, plus losing everything you've acquired and built every time someone like him gets bored and decides to go on a noob stomping spree.