Any tips for "The Defector"?

Metaspark

Here I sit, a Combat Sentinel, trying again and again to kill Valis, and failing each time...after a little research I've seen how difficult sentinels have it, but I'm not going to ***** and moan about a broken class. Fellow sentinels, what tips can you offer? How can I beat this son of a ***** and continue my story?

And interrupting that one attack he does doesn't really work out that well...I still take an unbelievably large amount of damage from just the knockback

Watchman. Interrupt everything. Tank yourself, use Kira for dps. Sacrificing her (She dies too fast) means losing a chunk of dps through the fight. Take medpacs and a Str stim. Interrupt his long cast, it's vital.

It's do-able at 24 with every cooldown you have, including the 20 min one.

As a Guardian (Vig) I was 26 before I could stomp this guy, and even then by a shy margin. If I'd known better I'd have leveled as a tank. Still, give it a level or so and come back. Or, if you're impatient, bring a friend. A few heals and it goes from a pain in the butt to an easy kill.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots…

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=50315

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=43612

In Short

Preparation (Stims and Medpacks) and make sure your gear is up to spec (Level and quality above green)

Control the combat Don’t use force leap to engage, keep it in reserve in case he knocks you back

Position yourself Put your back to the stack of boxes behind him so he can’t push you back

Interrupt You have kick and you also have force stasis which gives you some Focus back and gives your cooldowns some ticking time

Use your cool downs. Hit rebuke straight away, Hit Blade ward straight away then hit Call on the force which resets blade ward. When you get agro hit blade ward again.

Send Kira in just before you hit him, if you get knocked back then force leap back in, if you don’t then step through and put your back to the boxes, use the above cooldowns and keep your big hits cycling. Use precision slash before Master strike to maximise damamge.

Happy Hunting