Warzones need a "forfeit" option

Krash_Destrutor

Evereybody here have already been in this situation. 5-0 huttball games with the winning team farming medals. 400-200 in alderaan with 3 turrets lost. 3 minutes left in Voidstar and not past the first door. The game is over, and everyone in knows it.

So, why do we have to sit with our thimbs up our arses for 5 - 10 minutes, or take the coward's way and quit the game so another unlucky bastard can take our places, after a 2 minutes long loading screen only to find himself in a lost game? Why don't we have the option to say "OK, it's over fellas. GG, let's move on."?

I think that, in addition to penalties to whoever quits a WZ, we should have a "Forfeit" option, so the team members can vote whether to give another try or just give up. This way we reduce time in pointless battles and eliminate the annoying "pop in a lost game" situation.

I honestly can't think of a reason to forfeit. Just don't see it as something I'd ever do. I think it would actually piss me off more than anything cuz I know for sure once a match gets down, the majority of players in the warzone would vote to just give up.

This suggestion makes no sense when you consider we are playing for fun, not for points.

Losing a warzone is still fun because you get to PVP. Who cares if its a lose and you get less points, just go farm medals if you want points that bad. Even people on the losing team can easily get 6-9 medals.

Having a warzone end early and have to wait another queue because some win farmers just so happened to be the majority on my team would be enough to make a lot of people quit the game.

Edited by DespicableMan

Think OP is talking about the situation where you're just outmatched (premade vs. pug) and the the other team is just farming you. I've seen it happen before, and I agree it's stupid. A better solution is to combine all server queues, and preferentially match premades vs. premades. This sorta thing doesn't happen much in pug v. pug

It is quite easy to not get farmed drop down from spawn area and don't keep throwing yourself in the center at the farmers. Or just stay in the spawn area until kicked or just leave.

A forfeit option would be ok if everyone decides to do so but then you get idiots that will get angry if someone decides that they don't want to.

There is already enough bashing of people on your own team that might do something that some tool doesn't agree with.

Think OP is talking about the situation where you're just outmatched (premade vs. pug) and the the other team is just farming you. I've seen it happen before, and I agree it's stupid. A better solution is to combine all server queues, and preferentially match premades vs. premades. This sorta thing doesn't happen much in pug v. pug

I'll second this motion!

This suggestion makes no sense when you consider we are playing for fun, not for points.

Losing a warzone is still fun because you get to PVP. Who cares if its a lose and you get less points, just go farm medals if you want points that bad. Even people on the losing team can easily get 6-9 medals.

Having a warzone end early and have to wait another queue because some win farmers just so happened to be the majority on my team would be enough to make a lot of people quit the game.

That is your point of view. Mine is different. I have MUCH more fun if I spent entire match getting spammed by Tracer Missile, die all the time, get only one medal and than still be on the winning side. Now on the other hand I can make 600k damage, get 10 medals and own everything that comes into my range but if I still loose in the end, I do not have fun. I rage. I play matches with a goal to win them. If I do not win I am not having fun. In order to make this deal work well I should win around 50% (which is fair I guess). If I dont I will rage no matter how good or bad I am individually.

And also this. If Empire decides to start a good BM premade, we start to bump into them at least 50% of the time since our server population is not great. After a while people just leave the moment they see who we are up against.

Edited by Aweus

leave warzone

that is all

If you leave the WZ, you don't get any rewards. If you forfeit, you automatically lose the game, getting the loser rewards.

yeah even if you lose you still get something out of it...comms, credits a little bit of valor.

You don't walk away empty handed.

But what forfeit does is exactly that: you surrender, you lose the game. It just abbreviates the time you need to wait to get that.

I see how that can upset someone with suicidal tendencies who loves jumping in the middle of a group of enemies just to see how long he can last, but honestly, I just prefer to move on to another, more balanced game where I might have some fun.

Ppl cry the sky is falling and a match is lost seconds into pvp as it is. Anybody that has pvped for awhile in any game has seen the guy telling everybody that the group sucks cant win and they are leaving only to have the group turn it around and pull out a win. The only change being the toxic player that instead of fighting is QQing. The matches are really quick if you are getting beat that bad take your lumps and try to learn something from what is clearly a better team. Rezone and try again.

The matches are really quick if you are getting beat that bad take your lumps and try to learn something from what is clearly a better team. Rezone and try again.

Huttball is 15 minutes long no matter how badly you're overmatched, if the other team refuses to score 6 goals and just goes into farm mode instead.

Ppl cry the sky is falling and a match is lost seconds into pvp as it is. Anybody that has pvped for awhile in any game has seen the guy telling everybody that the group sucks cant win and they are leaving only to have the group turn it around and pull out a win. The only change being the toxic player that instead of fighting is QQing. The matches are really quick if you are getting beat that bad take your lumps and try to learn something from what is clearly a better team. Rezone and try again.

Learn? I can spam chat in Voidstar about how important guarding the door is. How to look for stealthers, dont chase enemy far from doors etc. etc. etc. Two minutes later I see two geniuses waving their lightsabers at some Juggernaut tank while literally 10 meters away from them another Sith is planting the bomb.

Thats my point. If a truly superior teams gets 2 or 3 goals very early on, they don't need to score. In fact, I'm pretty sure its better for them not to. For them, the additional medals from a longer match outweighs the small (if any at all) advantage of scoring again.

I've played a number of 0:2, 0:3, 0:4 type matches that run the full 15 minutes where the winning team hasn't bothered scoring between minutes 2 and 14.

Warzones need a forfeit if you CHOOSE to leave early. Pretty sick and tired of people using a warzone pop just as a free fleet pass or when they see who they are up against. I've even seen several players type things like "oh **** now way I'm out" who leave the WZ and then end up on the other team 2 mins later. The other team had a well known premade on it.

Fairly simple - you get picked for a team, you play for it. Win or lose. Never left a WZ yet even if its 0-5 in Huttball with 9 minutes to go. Neither should you, or if you do you should get a penalty for doing so.

Warzones need a forfeit if you CHOOSE to leave early. Pretty sick and tired of people using a warzone pop just as a free fleet pass or when they see who they are up against. I've even seen several players type things like "oh **** now way I'm out" who leave the WZ and then end up on the other team 2 mins later. The other team had a well known premade on it.

Fairly simple - you get picked for a team, you play for it. Win or lose. Never left a WZ yet even if its 0-5 in Huttball with 9 minutes to go. Neither should you, or if you do you should get a penalty for doing so.

i hate and and do not condone any of this kind of behaviour too. I have seen so many people going into a warzone, probably noticing his teammates in is not well geared or well known and said oh FXXX, another losing game and leave before giving it a go and handicapping the team he was que in with.

And no, we should not have a forfeit option, yes, its time consuming, but have you seen a game of football/basketball ending because the game was too one-sided? Please learn what is sportsmanship. I know you will say its a game, but i say we see what kind of person you are from all little things.

I used to believe in sportsmanship

Until I took a 8 empire zerg in the knee, solo

Now, they can rot for all I care

If that was in Ilum, i feel sorry for you.

But if this happened in WZ, then its perfectly fine, given that the game was with even no. of player but you were just left alone