Nar Shadda datacron 5

Kindread

I have gotton the Slot Decoder from datacron 4 on Nar Shadda two times, but nothing appers in my inventory. And both times I have made the trip to Datacron 5 it has told me Slot Decoder required, it this bugged or what?

I even tried to take a screen shot of it telling me I had the item when I was at slot machine next to datacron 4, but when I tried to past it to a word doc. it was just a black picture, What a hassle. :mad:

Worked fine for me. Of course, it's about a week since I did it; who knows what issues the new patches have created?

Also, your screenshots are stored in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Star Wars - The Old Republic\Screenshots. No need for copy/paste, especially not into Word. Seriously, ***? Word? :p

Thanks for telling me were to look. I have a screen shot of me getting the decoder, and another screen shot saying that I do not have it. Sigh, if the darn things are going to be this hard to get to they should not be so darn buggy.

I am also getting the error trying to pick it up. Submitted a ticket, not sure how long that'll take. It's a pain having to run back around to grab it again after you already made the trip. Especially if quick travel is down.

IMP

Dose Bioware ever say if/when these issues are fixed? By the time my kids are in bed, and I have time to play, I am normally to drunk for all the dam jumping that Bioware seemes fanisated by. Which makes it hard for me to go see if the issue is fixed. Edited by Kindread

Ok I just got this datacron like a min ago on my second alt. I have not had any trouble getting this on any of my three characters.

I do think I know what the problem here is though. You guys who are saying the thing is bugged....you are aware that the slot decoder is a normal item and not a key item right? Specifically it is a white bordered item that has an icon that is used by some junk items. If you are unaware of this fact, it would be easy to sell it to a vendor thinking it was trash.So next time you make a run, make sure that you get the Slot Decoder item into your inventory and then make sure you don't accidently sell it before grabbing the datacron.

Dose Bioware ever say if/when these issues are fixed? By the time my kids are in bed, and I have time to play, I am normally to drunk for all the dam jumping that Bioware seemes fanisated by. Which makes it hard for me to go see if the issue is fixed.

They mention when they fix bugs in the patch notes yes.

Dose Bioware ever say if/when these issues are fixed? By the time my kids are in bed, and I have time to play, I am normally to drunk for all the dam jumping that Bioware seemes fanisated by. Which makes it hard for me to go see if the issue is fixed.

Their patch notes are usually very detailed, so if there was a fix involved, it would probably be mentioned. It's possible that the apparent bug is a unrelated byproduct of some other fix/bug, though, and if that's the case, it may not be reported as fixed.

That being said: I got the slot decoder just fine 2 days ago (was struggling today to get the last datacron, but can't manage one of the jumps at the moment). It's in my inventory (the main item inventory, as Ranadiel says), so I assume it will work when I actually get to the bloody slot machine. I'll report back if it doesn't, though.

Edit: Got the slot machine datacron just fine, so it seems that the original issue is completely in obtaining the decoder. :<

Edited by Jenovan

• 1 year later...

old thread, but issue seems to be still unsolved.

tryed to get damn thing today...

can't get decoder. got message, but no items.

later got mail from sw:tor team with decoder inside... still can't get it. every other attachement works fine, but not this one.

funny thing though - i had no problems getting this one before... on like 3-4 characters...

• 3 months later...

This is still an issue, having the same problem Xevixavi posted.

Latest patch seems to have resolved the problem. If you run into this try deleting the mail and go back to incinerator room. I was able to get the Slot Decoder without issue on 9/12/13

Edited by Timestoomuch
Update