Official response please.

Mangzane

We need and will get a response concerning the PvP RNG bag system.

1. Who was behind this and why did they implement this.

2. What are they doing to fix it.

3. Are they going to be fired?

Thank you for quick response. We appreciate your swift action in this matter, and your understanding that our money funds this game.

Edited by Mangzane

Thank you for quick response. We appreciate your swift action in this matter, and your understanding that our money funds this game.

My money does too and I find this thread ludicrous.

Cool colours aplenty

Edited by Taramriel

So what do you mean? You did not state your issue with the bag system. I really enjoy the random system of armor and how it is given out. I like the fact that people do not just get full sets of gear over night. I have only gotten about 4 pieces out of roughly 30 bags but I love MMO's and I like the fact that it takes time to get these things instead of hand feeding to players like WoW. So once again I ask, What is the issue?

So what do you mean? You did not state your issue with the bag system. I really enjoy the random system of armor and how it is given out. I like the fact that people do not just get full sets of gear over night. I have only gotten about 4 pieces out of roughly 30 bags but I love MMO's and I like the fact that it takes time to get these things instead of hand feeding to players like WoW. So once again I ask, What is the issue?

If you read the PvP forums often, you would find posts like this :

Bags - The bag system has a great number of flaws and is probably the absolute worst reward system I have ever seen in a PVP game. There are players who hit level 50 and immediately have full Champion gear, and other players who are valor rank 59, and have been grinding their butts off for weeks straight to have only 3 pieces. I myself opened 6 bags today with no rewards. I would suggest that there are no repeat rewards given and that the drop rate of Champion gear per bag be increased. Or that the system is scrapped and go to a point system, where you get points for quests and are allowed to pick and choose how to spend them..

and

My other char, which i love! is a Bounty hunter valour rank 43! MUCH HIGHER! but yet i have 0 gear from champion bags on this char.. i have opened close to 50! check... I want to play this char, but its so hard to win in pvp to get the chance to open these bags! (been undergeard that is)

Now i have put maybe 100hours+ of work into this charator trying to get these bags from farming warfronts! But i am left empty handed and very upset! I LOVE THE GAME BUT I GET NO LOVE BACK

To be the general consensus.

The problem clear to you now?

Edited by Mangzane

This is the official answer:

Dear Disstress,

You have received a warning at STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Reason:

-------

Inappropriate Content

Your thread was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

Posters who demand "official responses" normally don't get them. Just figured I'd let you know.

and

Honestly the only thing you managed to prove with this post was that there are several threads that you could of posted your opinion on, that of course assuming that you had one of your own in the first place.

The issue is that if 1,000,000 play.

There is going to be 10,000 people that are going to get completely screwed.

They will get no gear at all.

Because thats the way a random distribution works.

Just hope its not you.

Post like these are NOT the way to get the information you want. If you had any clue as to how MMO games work behind the scenes, you wouldn't be saying that. If you think you could do a better job, apply to the company and try to make the changes. (doubt you'd get hired though)

Post like these are NOT the way to get the information you want. If you had any clue as to how MMO games work behind the scenes, you wouldn't be saying that. If you think you could do a better job, apply to the company and try to make the changes. (doubt you'd get hired though)

I have a better job than what Bioware is able to offer me. What now? I want to come home from a crazy stressful job and be entertained. I don't want to design it.

Flawed logic, is flawed.

Posters who demand "official responses" normally don't get them. Just figured I'd let you know.

and

Honestly the only thing you managed to prove with this post was that there are several threads that you could of posted your opinion on, that of course assuming that you had one of your own in the first place.