Fix one thing, Break another

justregularjoe

Thanks Bioware - I mean really, do you even TEST THESE PATCHES???

Now, on my Sith Sorcerer (as well as others, I have talked to a few), we are seeing an extra .25 -.5 second cooldown on all instant and channeled spells.

VIDEO:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBoT2jGsNls

This was not like this last night before the patch...

Explain ?

Go to your Sith Sorcerer.

Hit the ability "Purge " You will notice that the cooldown timer (indicated by descending greyish tint) resets after about .25-.5 seconds after hitting the spell.

If you are healer specced, you can also see this in the spell " Innervate"

This is also affecting our long cooldown spells such as " Electrocute " and "Force Speed" but you will not see it because it feels like nothing on a long cooldown.

But for a healer with a rotation I noticed it IMMEDIATELY.

Please please please please please Bioware test this stuff before you release it. How long do I have to play my sorc now with this bug before it gets fixed ?????

Edited by justregularjoe

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Sorc and haven't experienced this (that i can tell) besides for me any ways a quarter of a second, wow, doesnt seem like much. How would you go about measuring this.

You can see it. If you are a player with a set rotation, you will notice it immediately.

Also I described very easily how to see it.

Cast the spell, and look at the grey cooldown indicator.

Has not worked this way the entire past month and a half, but after the patch today it is.

Also, Sith Assassins are unaffected by this - it is Sorcerer only.

You can see it. If you are a player with a set rotation, you will notice it immediately.

Also I described very easily how to see it.

Cast the spell, and look at the grey cooldown indicator.

Has not worked this way the entire past month and a half, but after the patch today it is.

Also, Sith Assassins are unaffected by this - it is Sorcerer only.

I know that but how do you know it takes .25-.5 secs longer. Like a stopwatch or sumthin?

My 4 main spells as a sorc healer:

Shield Barrier, Resurgence, Innervate, and Consumption are all affected by this bug. As a result, my heal rotation is taking almost and Entire second longer because each of the 4 spells experiences an additional .25-.5 second cooldown. Please get someone on this BW right now

How to test this:

Step 1: log onto a Sorc

Step 2: cast any instant cast spell

Step 3: look at the grey cooldown indicator as you cast the spell

Step 4: observe the ability start its cooldown, and about .25 seconds later, reset the cooldown

Step 5: repeat to make sure what you saw actually did happen

As for you saying this doesn't affect Assassins, you're probably right. Hard for me to tell on mine, because when I press the key to activate the skill, NOTHING happens. Then a second or two later, I notice it says it is on cooldown.

But if my skills ever start working on a regular basis, I'll try to confirm it doesn't happen to assassins.

Edited by Khyler

Dont see it on my sorc

It is very small. What I have noticed is the cooldown won't start on the button press, but rather, when the skill hits. So if for instance you use your Purge spell, it won't start the CD on it until the spell actually hits the target, rather than when you press the button, which is inconsistent.

I have noticed this on my Sage, BW really needs to fix this. Nearly a month after release and its killing the game play when you are trying to save someone or get that last hit and you end up hitting an ability and it just does not go off....

I find this amusing when I was in Beta, this was never an issue. It seemed the abilities were pretty spot on.

Combat feels very clunky w/ how its designed....

My friend says it's like that on his Sorcerer, he's pretty pissed off and isn't going to play the game until it's fixed, i can't blame him, this is completely unacceptable.

Its pretty bad. I'm going to make a video and update the OP when I get done my dailies.

I really shouldn't have to do this, they should have people that test this crap before it gets released, but what can you do ?

It is so bad, I noticed it in the FIRST pull of the heroic I did today. As soon as I started playing I felt it.

Updated the OP... why isn't this getting any attention people don't care about bugs anymore?

we care about bugs. however i have tried everything you posted and have been unable to reproduce your results. bumping your own thread every 5 minutes and insisting on something that multiple others dont see isnt helping your case. as dps, i really dont see what you are referring too. perhaps i need to go resepc to heals to test it.

also, as an fyi there is no "optimal" sorcerer build with a set rotation, they are all priority based.

we care about bugs. however i have tried everything you posted and have been unable to reproduce your results. bumping your own thread every 5 minutes and insisting on something that multiple others dont see isnt helping your case. as dps, i really dont see what you are referring too. perhaps i need to go resepc to heals to test it.

also, as an fyi there is no "optimal" sorcerer build with a set rotation, they are all priority based.

Fyi , I said " MY " rotation. learn to read. Thanks

This also affects Shock and Force lightning as well.

Fyi , I said " MY " rotation. learn to read. Thanks

This also affects Shock and Force lightning as well.

there is no problem with my reading comprehension, merely pointing out that your "rotation" could use some tweaking. using a proper priority system im not noticing anything different as dps today, with either shock or force lighting, nor wrath procs. even doing tests where you supposedly noticed this issue, im not seeing a reset, or any noticeable delay. please post some sort of evidence or this is going to fall under "ony deep breaths more" territory.

there is no problem with my reading comprehension, merely pointing out that your "rotation" could use some tweaking. using a proper priority system im not noticing anything different as dps today, with either shock or force lighting, nor wrath procs. even doing tests where you supposedly noticed this issue, im not seeing a reset, or any noticeable delay. please post some sort of evidence or this is going to fall under "ony deep breaths more" territory.

You don't know my rotation, so you couldn't possibly know how it could be tweaked better. I love how people just assume things about others they have NO CLUE about.

That said.

Many sorcs on my server have seen it, and already people have posted saying they see it too. When I'm done my dailies I will make a video (again, even though I shouldn't have to do that)