Unofficial Server Languages

Gixxar

So to my delight i receive an email for early access to begin, i login and select a server called Chuunder i think, started questing and realize that everyone is speaking Russian, i then discover that i have somehow ended up on a unofficial Russian server (was told by General chat)...

So i log and make a character on Bloodthirsty and discover that its a Unofficial Dutch server!.

I have no issues playing with people from another country but when i cannot understand what they are saying it becomes an issue.

Is there a server of unofficial English speakers? i cannot find any site, thread in relation to this but it would appear somewhere someone has made this arrangement.

I have since been told Basilisk Droid is a unofficial English server but not really sure how accurate this is.

Hopefully someone knows or can link where this info is gained!

Go read the stickies before you start such a thread

How on earth does that help him?

He is on about unofficial language servers, ie those who do not have a language specific server picking a server and claiming it as their own such as in his example Chuundar being Russian. This is not covered in stickies of official languages as its not something actually arranged/supported by Bioware.

With regards to actually helping the OP, there was a post on these forums i cant seem to locate atm, otherwise here has some info on it: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1042308-Compilation-Unofficial-quot-Official-Servers-for-regions-and-languages. So long as you somewhat avoid those that have been "claimed" english language servers should be mostly english speaking. :)

Edited by Jinrai

Excellent post, I to want a english speaking server with english speaking players, I've played other games where its been claimed by people from other countries in the EU, it's very annoying to keep telling them to take their chat to private or group etc, pisses me off when its in general/LFG channels.

I really don't want to be on a server where there is so much of this going on, so anyone with a heads up for us English speaking players, please let us know.

Or if there isn't one, maybe we could decide on one for PVP and PvE choices?

What i dont understand is why it only seems to happen to the english speaking servers

You don't seem to have the same issue with the German or French servers

And yes if you dont know or even worse at start its not an un offical whatever but later becomes one it can be almost impossible to play and requires you to re roll or if avaiable pay to move...

What i dont understand is why it only seems to happen to the english speaking servers

You don't seem to have the same issue with the German or French servers

And yes if you dont know or even worse at start its not an un offical whatever but later becomes one it can be almost impossible to play and requires you to re roll or if avaiable pay to move...

Well it's quite obvious why it only happens to english servers isn't it? Not many russians/spanish/italians or whatever can speak german/french so they choose an english speaking server.

The top Empire guild on that server is Russian and so are many other large guilds so i suppose it will attract many other Russians.

The largest Swedish guild of 500 members also got assigned there but they are Republic.

Personally i don't mind it as Russians know how to speak English and i've had good times with them on many different games.

That being said, a sticky of unoficial language servers would be nice.

So it would appear that

Legions of Lettow (PVP EU) - Uk based guilds are moving there (unofficial uk server)

Is our PvP server of choice for the english speaking speaking, or those wishing to keep it english speaking.

Hopefully this will stay true, any news on PvE english though, just in case.....

Thanks guys for the useful replies, Ive been searching and reading as much info as i can find and it would appear that Legions of Lettow (PVP EU) is mostly English speaking, a few Irish and English guilds been put there. Ill update if i can find anything else,

Quite a bit mentioned about Basilisk Droid server but some of the comments are conflicting so i would say Legion of Lettow still the best choice at the moment.

The top Empire guild on that server is Russian and so are many other large guilds so i suppose it will attract many other Russians.

The largest Swedish guild of 500 members also got assigned there but they are Republic.

Personally i don't mind it as Russians know how to speak English and i've had good times with them on many different games.

That being said, a sticky of unoficial language servers would be nice.

That Swedish guild went to Bloodworthy (along with a couple of more) when they heard the Russians were assigned to Chuundar.

In a way, Bloodworthy will be considered an unofficial Scandinavian server, but usually the general chat remains in English. At least, if I judge from previous experiences on unofficial scandinavian servers in other MMOs such as WoW.

- Elim