Is Mako the Best Companion for a Power Tech?

vHeroz

From what I understand, tank and healing specs in this game do enough damage to operate effectively in solo play. So yeah, if I were running a tank spec, I'd probably grab the healing companion.

Counterproductive.

Combo 1:

Tank + Mako: You will be able to solo just about anything in the game while leveling, including Heroic 2s if you're decently geared. Low downtime between fights. Low DPS.

Combo 2:

Tank + DPS: Still able to solo just about anything in the game, only you're doing it faster due to higher damage output. Most fights will require that you stop to vent heat anyway, and you regen health while doing it. Really, it makes much more sense to use a healing companion if you're DPS spec, since you don't have the defense to mitigate the damage you take.

But, to each his own. Personally, I kept both Mako and Torian (never could stand Gault, wished I could've killed him on Tatooine) geared up. Whatever the situation called for, I used the appropriate companion. Normal leveling, I used Torian (my BH is tank spec). For boss encounters, I used Mako.