SWTOR was promising. I liked it untill now.

jordanph

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way a mmo that is released is going to have the type of end game a long established mmo will have. I do not know why people do not understand that. There is nothing wrong in wanting more and asking for it but it is silly to think it is going to be like an established game. I quit wow after cataclysm and I see no reason t go back.

2) PvE: Just flashpoint after flashpoint and the only reason to do it is for the gear piece at the end to be traded for columi. No decent gear any other way. Flashpoint drops were terrible. Took forever to find a full group even tho its only 4 man. No reputation gains to buy gear from reputation vendors etc. Just a boring one way street.

Do Ops. Ops are easier than heroics, and drop loot for each person there. Once you do Ops, there is no reason to do HMs. This is part of the reason why it is so hard to build HM groups.

If you're trying to gear up for normal Ops by getting full t2 from HMs, you will be disappointed when the gear is the same. And being Normal and Hard Ops don't share a lock, you can do both.

The same ignorance.

If you can't compare the amount of development time, you can't compare the amount of content.

They spent what, 5+ years and the GNP of a small 3rd world country to develop this turkey? You want fries with that? You insist on comparing this with WoW of 2004. Sweetie, this is 2012. The world has moved on, WoW has moved on, the only thing that hasn't moved on is the TOR-tannic...it's still stuck in a time warp back in 2004 with the fanboys screaming "LOOK AT VANILLA WoW!!!". Of course, when anyone actually does compare it to WoW, the same usual suspects will be screaming "YOU CAN'T COMPARE IT TO WoW!!!". Closely followed by "GO BACK TO WoW!!!". Not a problem...I did.

As far as content goes, this game has plenty of content. It's just pointless to do because they screwed the pooch on delivery. Space combat for example? C'mon...it's "Asteroids" circa 1984 with better graphics. And why do it? So I can buy some cloth armor none of my toons can use? NM? Why bother? Besides being bugged severely, what's in it that's worth the pain of assembling a group? Jeez, why bother...you're just going to tell us to roll yet another alt, and go through the same lame quests in a slightly different wrapper yet AGAIN, cuz that's what this game is all about.

Edited by Smitar

They spent what, 5+ years and the GNP of a small 3rd world country to develop this turkey? You want fries with that? You insist on comparing this with WoW of 2004. Sweetie, this is 2012. The world has moved on, WoW has moved on, the only thing that hasn't moved on is the TOR-tannic...it's still stuck in a time warp back in 2004 with the fanboys screaming "LOOK AT VANILLA WoW!!!". Of course, when anyone actually does compare it to WoW, the same usual suspects will be screaming "YOU CAN'T COMPARE IT TO WoW!!!". Closely followed by "GO BACK TO WoW!!!". Not a problem...I did.

As far as content goes, this game has plenty of content. It's just pointless to do because they screwed the pooch on delivery. Space combat for example? C'mon...it's "Asteroids" circa 1984 with better graphics. And why do it? So I can buy some cloth armor none of my toons can use? NM? Why bother? Besides being bugged severely, what's in it that's worth the pain of assembling a group? Jeez, why bother...you're just going to tell us to roll yet another alt, and go through the same lame quests in a slightly different wrapper yet AGAIN, cuz that's what this game is all about.

QFT

5chars

You are gonna get flamed into oblivion OP by people that are like you once was.

People that would never admint there is any problem whatsoever.

Those are the same ones that say that the forums are filled with whine post and that no one who complains actually tries to make since or point out what bothers them. I've seen that reasoning a lot and they know damn well people post constructive post but that they just get flammed on both sides and just end up getting closed mostly.

It's not anything really new in this post, just more supporting evidence as to why SWTOR is not on par with being a AAA title. It does the voice over thing super-well but just about every other aspect is lacking in one form or another. I don't mean its just missing a little love here and there, but that some parts are just poorly designed..

It's okay though, there will just be the naysayers and the go back to WoWs, when this guy obviously left that game for Star Wars, and even if he played a good amount of hours since early release which was on the 15th of december. That leaves him two weeks to max levels.. More than enough time.. So for him rushing through maybe, but its pretty much on par with how everyone esle plays. 2 weeks is more than enough time to max.

And Blizz spent 13+ years and the GNP of 2 small 3rd world countries to develop it's turkey. You want a hot apple pie with that? Sweetie, I'm well aware of the year....though I'm mildly creeped out by the sweetie bit given odds are you're a random guy who's probably younger than me. Funnily enough, I never insisted that you compare this game to any other. Though I love how your entire arguement is based on hyperbole...but apparently I'm the "fanboi." I'm am happy you went back to WoW though, good for you. Why are you still posting if you hate the game so much you left?

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, this game was never targeted towards you?

And Blizz spent 13+ years and the GNP of 2 small 3rd world countries to develop it's turkey. You want a hot apple pie with that? Sweetie, I'm well aware of the year....though I'm mildly creeped out by the sweetie bit given odds are you're a random guy who's probably younger than me. Funnily enough, I never insisted that you compare this game to any other. Though I love how your entire arguement is based on hyperbole...but apparently I'm the "fanboi." I'm am happy you went back to WoW though, good for you. Why are you still posting if you hate the game so much you left?

Have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, this game was never targeted towards you?

Three Hundred Million...

Three Hundred Million...

And of course, you can back that up with facts, right? You can find websites claiming it's anywhere from 80 million to 500 million.

Six Hundred Billion, Kajillion, Septillion.....

See, I can do it too. And have it be just as factually relevant. Want some numbers that are factually correct and relevant? 500,000. The number of subs required for the game to be profitable. 1,700,000. The number of subs EA reported in a legally binding shareholders conference.

Edited by Jxspyder

And of course, you can back that up with facts, right? You can find websites claiming it's anywhere from 80 million to 500 million.

Six Hundred Billion, Kajillion, Septillion.....

See, I can do it too. And have it be just as factually relevant. Want some numbers that are factually correct and relevant? 500,000. The number of subs required for the game to be profitable. 1,700,000. The number of subs EA reported in a legally binding shareholders conference.

According to the Electronic Arts Q3 FY12 Earnings Call, you have your facts wrong too.

Q: You've previously said you need about a half million subscribers to be profitable, is that still the case?

A: At 500,000 subscribers, we'd break even. At a million, we'd be making a profit but nothing worth writing home about. As it scales up from there, we're talking about a nice profit. At this point with the successful launch, we can take the worst case scenarios off the table.

Edited by Taxidermist

I was fine reading this right up until you starting doing the WoW digs. Look, if you want the game to be WoW, why don't you just go play WoW? I doubt the devs are going to implement anything you listed just because those are things you liked about WoW. Even if they do implement anything of the kind it will likely not be exactly like WoW. So, why wait? Just go back to playing WoW.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

I think what he was trying to say with the stuff about WoW is that it managed to hold his interest longer then SWTOR has and a lot of that was due to the fact that he probably came to WoW late in its development so most of that stuff was already there when he started playing WoW.

So most MMO players do not realize that WoW had no BG's at launch and very few raid dungeons. 95% of the stuff the OP talks about WoW having it did not have until several years into its on going development.

It is more important that SWTOR tries to get this content into its game quickly because a lot of its customers will not really realize that WoW was about the same as SWTOR was at launch. I think WoW was a bit more polished then SWTOR was at launch because it had a combat log, macro's, mod's, etc, and with the mods it allowed the community to actually participate in the development of the game itself as many of those mods got added to the game in future updates and expansions.

Mods would definetly benifit SWTOR in terms of community because then the community is helping the developers to see the potential of their game with more input from players.

I'm not going to say the SWTOR is perfect, it's not. However, comparing it to WoW isn't fair. WoW has been out for how many years now? The OP mentioned flying mounts, you couldn't buy flying mounts until the WOTLK, same with the barber shop. Anybody who expects a game that was just released to have the same components of a game that's been out nearly a decade is delusional.

Give Bioware sometime. I'm impressed so far with the quality of the game. Is it short and quick to reach end game? Possible. However, when WoW was first released the max level was 50 and it was the same exact thing.

Give SWTOR a decade and we'll see where it is.

According to the Electronic Arts Q3 FY12 Earnings Call, you have your facts wrong too.

Q: You've previously said you need about a half million subscribers to be profitable, is that still the case?

A: At 500,000 subscribers, we'd break even. At a million, we'd be making a profit but nothing worth writing home about. As it scales up from there, we're talking about a nice profit. At this point with the successful launch, we can take the worst case scenarios off the table.

Owned. Thank you for posting this.

Sounds like you need to go play Rift or WoW because they are clearly more enjoyable for you. Thats not meant to be insulting but if you find one or two things more enjoyable in life then you shuld probably stick to those rather then what you don't enjoy.

I agree with the OP. I enjoyed the game the first time through and feel I got my monies worth. However I now find the PVP too gear dependent at the top end and lacking in other aspects. I started characters to PVE a second time through but 98% of the quests are exactly the same from one character to the next. The separate stories for each class archtype are good, but it is such a small portion of the game overall.

To me SWToR was designed safe. It feels like a retread with a novel Bioware twist in an interesting universe. Enjoyable for a while but lacks the soul of a truly great game. Time will tell though.

Last I checked, doubling your money was indeed something to be writing home about. Though again, at 500k, the game can sustain itself. I'm not seeing the problem here, when compared to the numbers they released.