Space Missions - Why Should we Care?

siegedeluxe

Why am I replaying the same boring missions that I got at level 46? Why aren't there new ones, with new rewards for people who got to level 50? Your take on this mini-game is very short-sighted BioWare.

We need more unique space missions at level 50, because as it stands now... there is NO REASON FOR DOING THEM.

Edited by siegedeluxe

I'd rather they looked at making space more like jump to lightspeed. Open space around the planets, with space stations, etc. If that means they don't have time to make more tunnel shooter missions I'm fine with that. Also, I'd like a fighter instead of something resembling a bus.

Only reason to do them is :

• Now with 2 Daily commendations (last one)
  • Credits
  • Fleet Commendations

If you dont want to do that, then dont do it. If you read developer posts you would know that they are working on some new features for space combat, have patience special snowflake.

Kind of funny how the gear you buy with the fleet commendations requires social points to use, yet the space missions are all solo.

I'm with the others that want to ditch the rails. Give us free flight and proper space combat, not some retread '90s style arcade game.

The name of the game IS 'Star Wars' after all. If Craptic Studios could do it with STO, BioWare can.

Kind of funny how the gear you buy with the fleet commendations requires social points to use, yet the space missions are all solo.

I'm with the others that want to ditch the rails. Give us free flight and proper space combat, not some retread '90s style arcade game.

The name of the game IS 'Star Wars' after all. If Craptic Studios could do it with STO, BioWare can.

Craptic is no more. It's now Perfect World :D

Why am I replaying the same boring missions that I got at level 46? Why aren't there new ones, with new rewards for people who got to level 50? Your take on this mini-game is very short-sighted BioWare.

We need more unique space missions at level 50, because as it stands now... there is NO REASON FOR DOING THEM.

Because it's fun to laugh at the n00bs who can't complete them. :)

Serious answer: People don't realize how good the XP is, esp when you get a new set and get single quests and then group quests. It's good for half a level sometimes! I logged off in my ship every night so I can do my space dailies upon logging in the next day. Much more efficient than quests; you spend more time traveling for a quest than you do in the entire mission.

Once the dailies are done, it's best to go off to your planet!

Edited by Kurfer

Why am I replaying the same boring missions that I got at level 46? Why aren't there new ones, with new rewards for people who got to level 50?

Ok good, you're stating that you have a problem with space missions and asking for more. Bioware won't know people have a problem if no one speaks up.

Your take on this mini-game is very short-sighted BioWare

Whoops! Thats where you blew it. Unless you have been in on Bioware's design meetings or have some insider info, you have no idea what they plan to do with space combat.

You started out pretty good, then ended up looking like Just Another Jerk on the Internet. Stick to the facts, and make sure you don't treat your opinions like they are gospel.

Personally, I love the space missions. Way better than dailies in other MMOs, at least its a break in the grind...not that theres much grind in this game. The only thing I don't really like is the moron-friendly auto aim, makes it way too easy when you don't even have to lead your shots.