Suggestion: Accrue Social Points for Giving/receiving MVPs

WittyRaevyn

Hi,

It is notoriously difficult for the PVP minded player to gain social points. This is strange since all of the PVP objectives are largely social and team oriented. I would like to suggest that we receive 1 (yes only 1) social point for both/either:

Voting someone MVP

Being voted MVP

This will encourage players to help each other, participate in more teamwork, work together, and most of all not be punished by choosing to be social in a PVP setting rather than in a PVE setting. MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! It will encourage players NOT to leave a warzone before the battle is truly over!!

Awarding only 1 social point per MVP voted/received seems fair, and also seems like the to have an equivalent amount of "time sink" as it would take to run Black Talon normal over and over again. It is also FAR less tedious, and actually more social than joining a group and spacebaring through meaningless conversations you've seen hundreds of times.

Please /sign or /troll appropriately.

Thank you!

Frey the Heartless

Rakata Mind Prison

Level 50 Mercenary

That's actually not a bad idea at all.

I agree; though it'll be hard to get pve-ers to agree with you. Right now, the entire social points system is horrendously broken. You don't get any for doing heroic 4 fps or doing OPs. In order to get them, pve-ers typically carry lowbies through starting fps. It's stupidly broken for both sides.

I agree; though it'll be hard to get pve-ers to agree with you. Right now, the entire social points system is horrendously broken. You don't get any for doing heroic 4 fps or doing OPs. In order to get them, pve-ers typically carry lowbies through starting fps. It's stupidly broken for both sides.

I agree with you - the fact you get no SP/LS/DS from HM Flashpoints is outrageous. In the interim, I would suggest to those PVE'ers that they do the Dailies as a group for their daily commendations so that they can get their Rakata Ears and Implants. It's helped me a lot.

Why would anyone?

pvp players are rarely not in a group while pvping and teamwork is important to pvp so i see no reason why social points shouldn't be awarded.

And anything that encourages the use of MVP voting is a good thing in my eyes.

This. Active PvP'ers are probably in groups more than anyone else. We have more communication with random people than anyone who doesn't just talk in /1 all day. And we don't have a script to follow allowing everyone to maintain radio silence while we tank and spank bosses.

There's so much communication that goes on in PvP. And I would love to have social points awarded for giving MVP's. Wonderful idea OP :)

I'll explain you my idiotic argument as simply as I can so you can actually grasp it:

Game have few segments, like PVE, PVP, space combat(not talking how well its done, just talking about segments) and social. Each one of them requires different tasks, each one provides you with unique rewards. While PvE and social are connected(because PvP quests come out of box instead of chat with NPC) the restrequire you to do specific tasks to get specific rewards, you want PvP gear, you PVP, you want space ship parts, you do space dailies, you want PvE mods, you do Ilum dailies and you want social gear, you do conversations with NPCs and quests for them in group.

Its THAT simple. Its not about affecting the game one way or another, its about asking BW to spoon feed you. I don't want TOR to turn into another WoW where every player feels entitled for everything regardless of what they do and how well or how often, people want it there and Blizzard caters to them "couse they pay subs".

So, put some effort and do whats required if you want the stuff for yourself but DO NOT ask for freebies. This thread basically asks to be spoon fed as OP is too lazy to get a group and do some dailies or FPs for social points.

I don't understand why you're so against this. The OP is asking for some amount of social points per MVP given or possibly received. It doesn't even have to be much. Just a nice incentive to A) help fix people not voting at all and B) allow those who like to spend most of their time PvP'ing to obtain social points.

It's freaking EMPTY orange slotted gear. OP isn't asking to be "freebie" handed Columi gear for MVP's. Some people boggle my mind on the forums.

why the **** do people still not vote for mvp?! that's my question...

Oh, and aside from my mindless ranting, great idea op.

Even a single social point per mvp vote given/recieved would be a boost. I currently see so many people in my server farming BT for social points that it takes away from the doing of actual FPs for progression. It's almost saddening that in a fleet with 180 people I have issues finding an extra dps at times.

This would alleviate that somewhat, and I agree strongly.

Edited by patatt