Character action for loyal customers

celldoom

I thought of something to keep more people interested in staying subscribed.

Every time a customer has subscribed for a total of 3 months they have access to one of the various character customisation options for one character:

-1 character AC respec

-1 character server transfer

-1 character name change

-1 character body change (race, hair, face, body build, etc... NOT gender)

-1 legacy name change

-1 guild name change (for guild masters)

Now, to specify:

-Paying for 3 or 6 months won't give you that option, you have to actually have 3 months passed for the option to be available.

-These are not cumulative, even after 6 months ONE option will remain available.

-After using it the time resets to zero, if you use it at the 5th month you have to wait another three months to get it again and not just one.

-A guild has to exist for 3 months before able to change, upon changing the name the guild has to wait another 3 months, changing GM will reset that timer to zero. When a GM changes the guild name both the guild's cooldown and the player's cooldown reset to 0.

- /tinfoilhat Having this available by microtransaction (30$/25eu) for on-demand change, does reset the "free cooldown" to zero too.

This solves a number of problems:

-Solves the AC respec argument, no need to develop in-game mechanics for that

-Solves the server transfers argument

-Solves the names change argument for guilds, characters and legacies

-Solves the "barber shop" argument, no need to develop in-game mechanics for that

Edited by celldoom

I like the idea though I may have a few nitpicks with the specifics.

The 3 month time frame sounds good, but I don't feel like it is necessary to limit it to having one of these options available at a time which must be used before the 3 month timer resets. It seems like this would encourage players to make rash decisions they would have to wait 3 months to correct. I feel like requiring the subscribed time be continuous (one couldn't be on for 2 months, off for 3, then on for another 1 and receive one of these incentives) would be sufficient to moderate these options.

I think having the ability to unlock new playable races would be another interesting incentive to keep playing. Example, you've been a continuous subscriber for 6 months, so you can now choose to play a Nautolan, or something like that.

I like the idea though I may have a few nitpicks with the specifics.

The 3 month time frame sounds good, but I don't feel like it is necessary to limit it to having one of these options available at a time which must be used before the 3 month timer resets. It seems like this would encourage players to make rash decisions they would have to wait 3 months to correct. I feel like requiring the subscribed time be continuous (one couldn't be on for 2 months, off for 3, then on for another 1 and receive one of these incentives) would be sufficient to moderate these options.

I think having the ability to unlock new playable races would be another interesting incentive to keep playing. Example, you've been a continuous subscriber for 6 months, so you can now choose to play a Nautolan, or something like that.

Yes of course, these are just examples. This would obviously get tweaked as needed.

And the second paragraph describes something similar to the Legacy system expansion in 1.2

Good ideas but I don't think you should change your toon name or guild name. Those are important names that are made permanent for a reason. If you change your name, you'll have to tell ALLLL your friends and ALLLL your guildmates and I don't think that would work out well. What if you want to change both your name and legacy name. You'd have to wait 6 months and that would suck.:(

Good ideas but I don't think you should change your toon name or guild name. Those are important names that are made permanent for a reason. If you change your name, you'll have to tell ALLLL your friends and ALLLL your guildmates and I don't think that would work out well. What if you want to change both your name and legacy name. You'd have to wait 6 months and that would suck.:(

Changing name has little to no impact, and you wont have to tell anyone, the friends list and guild rosters will auto update with the new name >_>

And yes this isnt a feature to be used all the time, its an emergency function in case of extreme screw ups, such as getting to 50 and realising the class sucks, not something you should be planning on using

-1 character body change (race, hair, face, body build, etc... NOT gender)

If gender re-assignment surgery is available now in our galaxy, I'm sure it is possible in the Star Wars galaxy, probably enough for a full swap too, baby making and all.

• 2 weeks later...
If gender re-assignment surgery is available now in our galaxy, I'm sure it is possible in the Star Wars galaxy, probably enough for a full swap too, baby making and all.

That would mess up with all the companion story and conversation, not to mention all the previous flirts with npcs. the gender swap is merely to prevent alot of problems that would appear from a feature the game wasnt designed to handle.