Do players miss out on vital equipment, if they want to be "grey"?

CaptainHagbard

This question is mainly for those who were a releatively high level in beta or are at a high level right now.

I know that there are equipment-restrictions depending on your lightside-/darkside-value, but as far as I was able to compare (there isn't really that much material out there), both seem to be fairly equal in stats, although the look is different (as it should be). So in order to get this restricted gear, I have to stick with light- oder darkside, so I get to the highest tier come endgame.

This isn't much of a problem for my Sith-Warrior, because I intend him to be an evil, twisted, power-hungry s.o.b., but I originally wanted to play my Bounty Hunter as a greyish character. Not one of the good guys, but no real villain either. Kind of an anti-hero.

So my question is: would my Bounty Hunter, should I play him in that fashion, miss out on gear? I know he wouldn't be able to wear all the restricted stuff, but is there equally good gear without the restriction?

I got my Consular to 26 during the Beta Weekends. This was of interest to me as well. From what I gathered looking at all the vendors, and craftable items, there will be no penalty for "going grey". The difference was almost purely cosmetic with items like robes and lightsabers.

On the 'Grey' or neutral character choice topic, though...I was a tad disappointed by the lack of neutral choices for my Jedi. I also roled a Sith Inquis, and had no intention of being anything short of unabashedly evil. And the option to make darkside choices was abundant. But so were the neutral choices. With my Consular, however, when there were 'Light/Dark' choice, they were both few, and rarely presented a neutral choice.

But again...no. The consequences will be mostly cosmetic.

I got my Consular to 26 during the Beta Weekends. This was of interest to me as well. From what I gathered looking at all the vendors, and craftable items, there will be no penalty for "going grey". The difference was almost purely cosmetic with items like robes and lightsabers.

Thanks. That answers my question. :)

Well my recollection was that once you got into the higher light/dark levels it was mainly vanity items (pets etc) and the max light/dark level gave you a mount.

Play how you want to play I think and enjoy the journey.

Thanks, I will. :)

I would have anyway, but I was just wondering if there would be a slight disadvantage.