31 Marauder Needs Tips For PvP Spec/Advice

Vonrictus

I have a 45 assassin, 31 marauder and 20 mercenary healer. I find myself wanting to play the marauder even though it's a struggle solo queueing in pvp.

What is the best leveling/solo queue pvp build? I'm currently the middle tree because the extra range on obfuscate seemed terrific.

**My biggest issue is I feel rage starved because our main 6 point rage builder seems to lag and sometimes it wont fire off before I'm punted back out of range.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping rage up in PvP?

I see posts about wanting more ways to dump rage, my goodness I wish I had that issue.

Thank you in advance.

You might be better off going annhilation while leveling or pvping, Carnage is challenging until you get Massacre around lvl 40-41. Also, the closer you get to 50 the more likely you can get points to put into enraged slash in the annhilation tree for reduced Cost on Massacre/V.Slash. This helps out a ton. But Rage building only gets worse, especially after you get Gore. Its a great move but costs 1/4 of your total rage. Without your other abilities to help quickly build that rage back up its tricky. Id say build your rage to max before really laying into an opponent. Also Ravage may bug out, but it doesnt cost any Rage.

Oh forgot that your screams will cost 4 rage for awhile too...Blood Frenzy can help, also, Cloak Of carnage might be helpful to you as well, but I would rely on it after 50 as its not as helpful then. Till then there isnt much you can do. All our rage reducing talents are at the end of the talent tree. Edited by AcaciaDragon

I say go annihilation. You'll get deadly sabers which will be a good source of dps early on.

As far as rage goes, just use BA any time it's up --force leap also generates rage and if you spec into it you can use it at 0 meters and lower the CD. Also carnage has defensive forms and cloak of carnage (they both generate rage when attacked) and that can help early on. Later in the anni tree your DoT ticks can generate rage for you

Also Ravage may bug out, but it doesnt cost any Rage.

/agree

In fact I just use the first 2 hits then cancel with another move since the 3rd hit, while it's the biggest, takes too long to fire off. I find the dps to be pretty solid

Edited by HBninjaX

I have my Sith marauder the same level and I have tried all 3 specs and i love Rage or Annihiliation for PVE and PVP! Carnage is good in PVE, not in PVP in my opinion. I know i do not have the end spells of the trees yet, however you can see what is good after 30 defo. I am Rage spec atm and it pawns in Warzones it is great at aoe damage and people cannot kite u as u have 2 leaps essentially. On the other hand, Annihiliation is more of dot damage so u wont see high number, but will see many numbers on the enemy. Also, another good thing in Annihiliation is that it self-heals you, which is good to have in warzones. But, if you are Biochem then u have good healing perks anyway, which goes brill with rage spec.

I hope i have helped you and if got further questions happy to help! :D

I say go annihilation. You'll get deadly sabers which will be a good source of dps early on.

As far as rage goes, just use BA any time it's up --force leap also generates rage and if you spec into it you can use it at 0 meters and lower the CD. Also carnage has defensive forms and cloak of carnage (they both generate rage when attacked) and that can help early on. Later in the anni tree your DoT ticks can generate rage for you

/agree

In fact I just use the first 2 hits then cancel with another move since the 3rd hit, while it's the biggest, takes too long to fire off. I find the dps to be pretty solid

I'm going to switch over to Anni instead of Carnage for a while and see how it goes. I just feel like my damage/uptime on the target is too low. I get on a guy and and by the time I have enough rage to do anything I'm CCd to death.

I have my Sith marauder the same level and I have tried all 3 specs and i love Rage or Annihiliation for PVE and PVP! Carnage is good in PVE, not in PVP in my opinion. I know i do not have the end spells of the trees yet, however you can see what is good after 30 defo. I am Rage spec atm and it pawns in Warzones it is great at aoe damage and people cannot kite u as u have 2 leaps essentially. On the other hand, Annihiliation is more of dot damage so u wont see high number, but will see many numbers on the enemy. Also, another good thing in Annihiliation is that it self-heals you, which is good to have in warzones. But, if you are Biochem then u have good healing perks anyway, which goes brill with rage spec.

I hope i have helped you and if got further questions happy to help! :D

I want to stay alive as long as possible on this class and have high uptime. It seems most people have experienced that the 3 seconds off charge cooldown with no range limit is better than the saber throw snaring people and longer range on obfuscate?

PvP priority in Anni is?

I want to stay alive as long as possible on this class and have high uptime. It seems most people have experienced that the 3 seconds off charge cooldown with no range limit is better than the saber throw snaring people and longer range on obfuscate?

PvP priority in Anni is?

Trust me u can survive for long, yesterday i got 41 kills and died only once! was in the ball warzone. I have not played today since am doing real life work, but you do not die much with rage if you know how to play it. Also, am a biochem so health potions etc i get help me alot :). But, the main thing is some people just suck in warzones they are retarded even if they are high level in 40's, so best thing to do is just stick with ann or rage 1 of them and just prefect the play style :D

Trust me u can survive for long, yesterday i got 41 kills and died only once! was in the ball warzone. I have not played today since am doing real life work, but you do not die much with rage if you know how to play it. Also, am a biochem so health potions etc i get help me alot :). But, the main thing is some people just suck in warzones they are retarded even if they are high level in 40's, so best thing to do is just stick with ann or rage 1 of them and just prefect the play style :D

I'm looking at Rage now, seems pretty cool. What's the spec you would recommend at 31 focusing on pvp?

Go with whatever you want. I've played all 3, I'm level 39 and they all have their perks. If you're into aoe and not getting kited, use rage. Just remember you have multiple interrupts and if you spec right in carn, two abilities to completely stop movement so carn is an extremely viable option. It has excellent burst damage, and once level 40 you have massacre which guarantees automatic ataru hit = auto force scream hit if you spec it. Force Leap/BA/Massacre/Gore/Force Scream/Ravage. If you are able to get that combo off, most any enemy will be dead. Cloak, run away, rinse and repeat. And then anni isn't the big hitter but the bleeds/heals will definitely win in a protracted fight. I've seen all specs do good things, as long as the player doesn't do stupid stuff i.e. rambo into a group of enemies and get squashed.

GL to you