Gearing your tank for pvp? What route?

Skitlz

I currently have a Sith Assassin specd 23/0/18. I love the tank spec for pvp and love the playstyle. What i am wondering about, as i am about to start getting my level 50 pvp gear is what to do with it. Would i obtain the tanking pvp gear (for the set bonuses) and change the modifications out for dmg ones? Or should i get the dmg set and change the mods out for tanking ones? or any other combination?

Just wanting some thoughts, even if its not for Sith Assassin Darkness spec any info would be useful.

Thanks.

Here is your problem with tanking in PvP: Shield/Absorb/Defense all do nothing for the majority of attacks in PvP. Sorcs/Sages and BH/Troops are the majority of DPS in warzones and they pretty much exclusively spam force and tech attacks.

So, when it comes to choosing tank or dps PVP gear, it is a tough decision. The tank gear has more Endurance which is attractive in warzones because spawning multiple times mean you bring more HP to the battle.

If the classes you see in warzones were more balanced, I could understand wearing tanking gear. Mitigation works against melee DPS and snipers/SS, but the reality is there just aren't that many of these classes around to warrant it. I would still equip the shield, and possibly a few pieces of tank gear but for the most part I intended to take dps Battlemaster gear until they tweak the way Shield/Absorb/Defense works or they provide an option of tanking gear with resistance.

Level 42 trooper vanguard tank, I've been replacing all my armors, mods and enhancements with +crit and +surge for PvP. I am making another set for PvE that boasts defense,shield, and absorption. I haven't found a nice DPS generator, so I've stuck with my shield generator that dropped in Maelstrom Prison.

I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again.... I really find it frustrating that the class and specialty that I chose to play is handcuffed like no other. I understand that people have a hard time killing a tank with a pocket healer...but who IS easy to kill with a pocket healer? It's not the tank that's hard to kill...it's ANY player with a pocket healer. I'm just as squishy in PvP as the guy next to me in light armor. What kind of sense does that make?

The MOST frustrating part of it though is my skill tree. I spend all these points to become a tankier tank, and they are COMPLETELY useless in PvP!! How would some of the other classes like for their advanced class skill ability points to be useless when they want to use them??

I'm guessing that the only reason that there's not more outrage about this is becasue the type of person that plays as a trooper is somewhat similar to their RL counterpart...marines. What do marines do? They adapt, improvise, and overcome..... despite being handcuffed!

/rant