Illum Needs Fixing!!

belthazaar

So at first Illum was boring due to all you having to do is run around and hope for the opposite faction to be taking over control pts. Now Illum has turned into one factions sits at the other factions base camping each other hoping for some valor and completing daily/weekly quests. This is the most boring and grueling thing I personally have ever done in an MMO.

The day they changed the daily/weekly to killing people was awesome. Then they changed it so that the enemy base is an instant death area. That definetly isnt a good fix for it. This is Star Wars, you have a million ways to improve the situation and you decided on probably one of the worst out there.

Put in more guards that are on a fast respawn inside faction bases. When an area is controlled by a faction put a few troops out there for people to kill. The sky is empty, give us some sort of Hoth from episode 5 feel, with some speeder/spaceship combat. Let us drop bombs on certain areas. Most of Illum is empty and yet its supposed to feel like a war. Be creative Bioware and make it more fun and less boring.

Give your suggestions on what you think would make Illum better below. If nothing else keep bumping this so that Bioware realizes that this is important and needs to be fixed. Thanks

Edited by belthazaar

Ilum has so much potential but it doesn't live up to it.

For one the immense difference in numbers. No matter what server, it's always the same. Imps sit with 30 - 40 guys at your Republic base and you have a group of max. 10.

That's why Ilum is more of a 'daily' visit for your daily quest. As soon as you have it you use the Emergency Fleet Pass.

Another reason for Ilum's failure is the FPS. I've only heard of one person running Ilum during heavy fights at smooth FPS and he had a Gamer PC that costed 6000 euros to built. People with GTX 560 SLI have 15 FPS. And why? Because it's not a GPU problem but a CPU. The processor can't handle all this crap. In WoW you can storm Orgrimmar/Stormwind with 50 guys and fight another 50 - 100 with no problem, but in this game...

Yes this game is more heavy when it comes to graphics but the problem is the CPU load. Something keeps telling me this game is not optimized well at all. It's not normal to require 5000+ euro PC 's to run this game smooth at all times.

Ilum has so much potential but it doesn't live up to it.

For one the immense difference in numbers. No matter what server, it's always the same. Imps sit with 30 - 40 guys at your Republic base and you have a group of max. 10.

That's why Ilum is more of a 'daily' visit for your daily quest. As soon as you have it you use the Emergency Fleet Pass.

Another reason for Ilum's failure is the FPS. I've only heard of one person running Ilum during heavy fights at smooth FPS and he had a Gamer PC that costed 6000 euros to built. People with GTX 560 SLI have 15 FPS. And why? Because it's not a GPU problem but a CPU. The processor can't handle all this crap. In WoW you can storm Orgrimmar/Stormwind with 50 guys and fight another 50 - 100 with no problem, but in this game...

Yes this game is more heavy when it comes to graphics but the problem is the CPU load. Something keeps telling me this game is not optimized well at all. It's not normal to require 5000+ euro PC 's to run this game smooth at all times.

this too :D

oh yeah and thats basically how it is on my server also we sit and wait for reps to come out of the base. Im melee so i dont get kills fast at all if any.