I think I've had enough

AFuriousMind

Six hours to do the warzone daily on Saturday. Four victories (one didn't count) and a whole day of getting farmed by the same overgeared, overhealed premades from morning to night.

Monday I get home from work, hit the gym, cook myself a steak, log in and then chug a six pack of beer chasing shots of cheap whiskey because it's the only thing getting me through 4 more hours of getting farmed by the same premades again. Scored two victories (Huttball, same faction), neither counted toward the daily. No progress before server shutdown forced me offline.

I have no time for ops or flashpoints or other aspects of the game. My full playtime is devoted to the frustrating exercise of trying to complete a warzone daily in the face of constant battlemaster-dominated premades.

What a barrier.

This problem might just be unique to my server, but I'm not able to do ops or flashpoints because it takes stacks of hours to clear a daily... and pvp is my priority.

Can we reduce to required number of wins to something realistic? Like... one?

Edited by AFuriousMind

Six hours to do the warzone daily on Saturday. Four victories (one didn't count) and a whole day of getting farmed by the same overgeared, overhealed premades from morning to night.

Monday I get home from work, hit the gym, cook myself a steak, log in and then chug a six pack of beer chasing shots of cheap whiskey because it's the only thing getting me through 4 more hours of getting farmed by the same premades again. Scored two victories (Huttball, same faction), neither counted toward the daily. No progress before server shutdown forced me offline.

I have no time for ops or flashpoints or other aspects of the game. My full playtime is devoted to the frustrating exercise of trying to complete a warzone daily in the face of constant battlemaster-dominated premades.

What a barrier.

This problem might just be unique to my server, but I'm not able to do ops or flashpoints because it takes stacks of hours to clear a daily... and pvp is my priority.

Wait...

You played all day Saturday, and for 4 more hours on Monday Night. But yet you don't have the 2-3 hours a week that is needed to clear an Operation?

Wait...

You played all day Saturday, and for 4 more hours on Monday Night. But yet you don't have the 2-3 hours a week that is needed to clear an Operation?

Because I'm sinking all my available playtime into this daily every day. 4/5 hours is about the max I can or am willing to put in on a given day.

chug a six pack of beer chasing shots of cheap whiskey because it's the only thing getting me through 4 more hours of getting farmed by the same premades again.

Maybe you should hit up AA. :|

Or hell, we'll make a SWTOR equivalent for warzones and call it 'WAA'.

What a barrier.

Well if playing SWTOR is anything like playing pool, darts or any other bar game, then you should probably stop playing after your 4th beer since there is always that 2-4 beer buzz when you are unstoppable.....then of course it all goes south fast from there. Maybe you were just drunk and hindered your team...lol

I think they should not go on wins at all. They should go on completed games. Say 8-10 for a daily and maybe 30-40 for the weekly. This would also solve the problem of people leaving when they are losing.

Agre, problem is thou because they cannot fix bugs i'm pretty sure this system would bug out aswell.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Jeah WAAR....besides if were talking about it - has anyone played it recently? And if yes - how is it today? worth a second look? Or should i rather return to my beloved conan barb and slice off some bodyparts..?

Depends what RR you are

(and if you have a premade)

Edited by Asnine

What a barrier.

Maybe form your own premade, using 2 o fthe 4-5 hours to find decent players. Then anohter 30 minutes to find a ventrilo server. And not play intoxicated as it can inhibit your thinking process. (not sayign i dont, god know i love my alcohol and games)

Best counter to a premade is...another premade. Cant fuss about friends wanting to play together. find some friends make your own. Go to a highe rpopulation server where more people are playing and more likely to not get in with same team over and over again.

What a barrier.

While I don't think the "rant" is the best expression of frustration, this is just one more example of what a poorly designed PvP system will create. People that feel they "have to" do a stupid STUPID grind because it is the only way to be competitive.

Looking forward to GW2 beta and release announcements...

Jeah WAAR....besides if were talking about it - has anyone played it recently? And if yes - how is it today? worth a second look? Or should i rather return to my beloved conan barb and slice off some bodyparts..?

I used my 14 - day free returning member time. If your chars were in around RR 50 league, forget it. The few people who remained to play so much outgear you, there is no reason to try T4 again.

I know, nostalgia for mass pvp is there, but the reality of WAR...