Sage dmg > sorc dmg?? not a QQ

Ryuzomi

Ok, so my force lightning hits about 1.5k over a period of 3 seconds if i manage to get that in, but i have compared damage with multiple sages that do the same rotation as i do and i've noticed they do AT LEAST 1-2k more than i do with their pebble thrower thing and project hit me for 3-4K!?!?! Aren't sages our mirror class? O_O Like i said, this isn't a QQ thread or a NERF THEM thread, because I don't really care either way since i'm rolling a jugg (PREPARE TO DIE TO MY 6K SMASHES!)

I'm simply asking if their damage is stronger than sorcs?? The most i ever got with a shock(project's equal) was 1-2k and a sage equal to my gear and level with the same procs below 50 and at 50 will blast me for 3-4k crits.. no, they're not using stims and i don't recall a shock buffer. I witnessed the 4k crit on my lvl 25 jugg versus a lvl 38 sage. Please answer honestly :p what does your project damage naturally crit for below and at 50? Is it possible that these the jedi mirror classes are stronger than their imperial counterparts? That would make sense since we outnumber you like 4:1 o_O

Ok, so my force lightning hits about 1.5k over a period of 3 seconds if i manage to get that in, but i have compared damage with multiple sages that do the same rotation as i do and i've noticed they do AT LEAST 1-2k more than i do with their pebble thrower thing and project hit me for 3-4K!?!?! Aren't sages our mirror class? O_O Like i said, this isn't a QQ thread or a NERF THEM thread, because I don't really care either way since i'm rolling a jugg (PREPARE TO DIE TO MY 6K SMASHES!)

I'm simply asking if their damage is stronger than sorcs?? The most i ever got with a shock(project's equal) was 1-2k and a sage equal to my gear and level with the same procs below 50 and at 50 will blast me for 3-4k crits.. no, they're not using stims and i don't recall a shock buffer. I witnessed the 4k crit on my lvl 25 jugg versus a lvl 38 sage. Please answer honestly :p what does your project damage naturally crit for below and at 50? Is it possible that these the jedi mirror classes are stronger than their imperial counterparts? That would make sense since we outnumber you like 4:1 o_O

Short answer: No, they're the same.

Long answer: No, Sorcs can do more dmg actually in certain circumstances due to bugs plaguing the Sage class (but not the Sorc class ironically).

Regardless, getting hit for 3-4k doesn't mean they used the same spell you did when you hit for 1-2k. TKwave is not your analog for Shock, that would be Project which does hit for 1-2k like you suggested. You could have also failed to notice an FiB cast under you (the Sage version of Death Field which is way harder to see) around the time the Project landed on you. Then there's also the possibility that they flat out aren't in comparable gear to you and actually have better, despite what you think.

Short answer: No, they're the same.

Long answer: No, Sorcs can do more dmg actually in certain circumstances due to bugs plaguing the Sage class (but not the Sorc class ironically).

Regardless, getting hit for 3-4k doesn't mean they used the same spell you did when you hit for 1-2k. TKwave is not your analog for Shock, that would be Project which does hit for 1-2k like you suggested. You could have also failed to notice an FiB cast under you (the Sage version of Death Field which is way harder to see) around the time the Project landed on you. Then there's also the possibility that they flat out aren't in comparable gear to you and actually have better, despite what you think.

Hmm... I'm playing as 50lv. sage in not complete Force Master Champ. set (10/14), but I have a feeling, that I'm doing something totally wrong. Yesterday I "recieved" the "Disturbance", which took 3k from my life bar. Even if I get a battlemaster set (one day)... with 80% surge I'll deal 2-2.4k. IN TK spec I do even less damage...

Telekenetic wave deals only 1.5-3k per 2.6 seconds cast. FiB 1.5k-2.5 per target.

Any ideas how to increase my damage? Do I need "new hands"? )

My bracket:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZbc0MZcMcRsrkrfz.1

Hmm... I'm playing as 50lv. sage in not complete Force Master Champ. set (10/14), but I have a feeling, that I'm doing something totally wrong. Yesterday I "recieved" the "Disturbance", which took 3k from my life bar. Even if I get a battlemaster set (one day)... with 80% surge I'll deal 2-2.4k. IN TK spec I do even less damage...

Telekenetic wave deals only 1.5-3k per 2.6 seconds cast. FiB 1.5k-2.5 per target.

Any ideas how to increase my damage? Do I need "new hands"? )

My bracket:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZbc0MZcMcRsrkrfz.1

I'm going to guess English is not your first language because I'm having a really hard time understanding you.

Disturbance shouldn't hit for 3k. Maybe completely loaded with a power relic trigger, surge adrenal, and the expertise buff you could hit those numbers, but it's not a regularity by any means. It's possible that you mistook it for TKwave or even Turbulence, as all 3 have a similar animation (it's the sound effects that are most strikingly different).

I can tell you how to increase your dmg, but it would likely come at the cost of your spec. Balance is good for survivability in pvp and you won't exactly burst people down. But you'll definitely stay alive and have the control necessary to maintain distance.

Honestly I don't hop into pvp threads and give people spec advice for that exact reason. PvP as it is now can work with any spec as it's more player based and gear based than anything else. Anyone telling you that "only this setup works" is likely full of BS. I PvP every day in my PvE spec just fine.

Just try to remember all stats in moderation (except power). Once you raise a secondary stat (alacrity, crit, surge) above 400ish rating you really need to rethink further gains in that stat. Make good use of your relics and don't use two of the same type (i.e. - Power with Power.

I'm going to guess English is not your first language because I'm having a really hard time understanding you.

Exactly )

Disturbance shouldn't hit for 3k. Maybe completely loaded with a power relic trigger, surge adrenal, and the expertise buff you could hit those numbers, but it's not a regularity by any means. It's possible that you mistook it for TKwave or even Turbulence, as all 3 have a similar animation (it's the sound effects that are most strikingly different).

Maybe I was wrong about correct skill, but it looked close )

Just try to remember all stats in moderation (except power). Once you raise a secondary stat (alacrity, crit, surge) above 400ish rating you really need to rethink further gains in that stat. Make good use of your relics and don't use two of the same type (i.e. - Power with Power.

I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for your hints ) I'll try to mix several pvp sets for the purpose of balancing stats.

I can tell you how to increase your dmg, but it would likely come at the cost of your spec. Balance is good for survivability in pvp and you won't exactly burst people down. But you'll definitely stay alive and have the control necessary to maintain distance.

I'm not very satisfied with my present damage and I'm not afraid of trying a new spec. I'd be really grateful if you'll share with me.

I'm not very satisfied with my present damage and I'm not afraid of trying a new spec. I'd be really grateful if you'll share with me.

Well you can try out 0/13/28. Works well in PvE and PvP and currently is theoried to do the highest DPS of any of our specs. You lose the extra dot and control that sever force grants, for more burst and aoe with instant TKwaves on PoM procs. You could also shift points around to pick back up TKdefense if you want.

You're going to want to use PoM procs on Mind Crush for single target, and PoM with TKwave for aoe situations or when Mind Crush is already on cooldown.

Edited by Khadroth

Well you can try out 0/13/28. Works well in PvE and PvP and currently is theoried to do the highest DPS of any of our specs. You lose the extra dot and control that sever force grants, for more burst and aoe with instant TKwaves on PoM procs. You could also shift points around to pick back up TKdefense if you want.

You're going to want to use PoM procs on Mind Crush for single target, and PoM with TKwave for aoe situations or when Mind Crush is already on cooldown.

I'm going to try that spec tomorrow. I'm grateful for your hints and your patience ) Thank you.

Ahh, ok! Thanks for letting me know O_O I still have no idea what it was, but i don't think i've ever seen a "death field" hit me for 3-4k.. I got smashed by a shadow today from a 3.5 project or shadow strike.. idk which it was, but they didn't do the backstab animation.. It may have been a death field XD Thanks for answering.

im a sage and i have been killed by sorc plenty of times and iv killed them plenty of times there very even just depends on how you use them and when you use what... its a strategy

Yeah, me too. It is a combo of gear and strat. If someone massively out gears you, you are fubar unless they ignore you.

However, there are many times I have faced a lesser geared Sorc (between lowest and mid) with full HP against my mid geared 1/2 HP Sage and on just because of tactics. I am the Hybrid spec mentioned a few posts above (more or less, I think I have 1-2 points different.)

Key things:

-Get inside their head. You know what they should be thinking. Throw a wrench in the works. I like to Combo Shield + HP Med Pack + Exp Stim.

-Interrupt that channel. They lose their bread and butter. They already cast everything else. Now they can twiddle their thumbs.

-Stun. I hope I don't have to explain this one.

-Then there is Pillar Humping + Heal, Force Lift (when done right if it is instant), and Force Slow.

-Other situational abilities. Try to think three steps ahead. They have the same stuff as you. You just have to use it better!