Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Give everyone Battlemaster, then lock it till fixed

Ravenolf

So many cheaters, and we know there will be no consequences. Commit to spend time to fixing pvp, and let those that enjoy the competition play with equal gear, so skill wins out.

I am not against gear grinds, but not with so many exploiters.

1-49 is AWESOME by the way.

So many cheaters, and we know there will be no consequences. Commit to spend time to fixing pvp, and let those that enjoy the competition play with equal gear, so skill wins out.

Thats not considered cheating by the SWTOR Devs.

So...try again?

I remember when that video was posted a week ago. Obvious trolling post.

BTW how does giving everyone battlemaster punish cheaters? It just gives you battlemaster.

I guess "tricking" the devs is easier for you than kill trading.

Kill trading sucks, they should definitely do something about that. Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want to achieve something in a game if they're going to cheat for it. Go play skyrim /w cheat commands instead. Don't get me wrong, if they decide that this is perfectly alright, and have no plans to fix it, then I will do the same thing - but the battlemaster rank will mean just as much as Darth or whatever.

edit: not implying that battlemaster represent skills to begin with

Edited by Misv
add

Tbh, every single person defending this (Sirolos etc) know they are exploiting and that what they are doing has nothing to do with pvp...and in a real game they wouldn't be awarded pvp-stuff for it. But this is a broken excuse of a game and "new" Mythic is behind pvp in it, so...it is what it is.

Oh, and the game is coded for dx9. Awesome...just...awesome.

to tell you the truth, if they coordinated that, then i say they earned the valor.

Kill trading sucks, they should definitely do something about that. Honestly, I don't understand why anyone would want to achieve something in a game if they're going to cheat for it.

In theory, PvP is exactly that.. Player vs Player. However, game mechanics marginalize the player skill aspect to the point where it's really more about pvp gear and expertise. Assuming two players of similar skill meet... the expertise bonus dmg/dmg reduction is simply too much for any amount of skill to overcome.

This mentality is really just a snowball of all those sub valor 60's trying to get their BM gear so they can compete with the BM farmers who had the time earlier on to get their valor with ilum quests before it was fixed and WZ's where they had plenty of time to farm sub-50's.

Thus players will do whatever is easiest/quickest to that end.

Edit: I would add.. this isn't just an 'Ilum' issue. Even, if they got rid of Ilum, they'd just do it on Tatooine or any of the other dozen planets with close medic spawns between the factions.

Edited by BattlePickle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.