The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

I agree leaving 8 days worth of people out in the cold for another day is a low blow and very shallow of them. I pre-ordered late and understood and was even fine with having to wait to get in, but leaving 8 more days out is like hitting someone with your car, getting out and stealing their wallet before you drive off without even asking if they are ok.

And to all you other people complaining/ flaming the other people complaining about not getting in yet. You are really no better then us/them and are showing the same immaturity as you excuse them of. So get you your high horse and check yourselves you hypocrites.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This utter BS i missed out on todays wave, so i have to wait a whole day with a handful of people to get in. I am practically missing the launch /endQQ

On anther note that 2 day grace period sounds really good and well done, congratz on a great idea! Hopefully we see more of them, unlike this wave buisso (which the team in change of that section properly spun a huge wheel in the office for)

I haven't said a word about this messed up launch at all yet, but with the most recent decision to stop waves right before everybody is in the game they really got me pissed off.

By now they are even closing all other threads in which people voice their opinion on the topic and redirect them all here only to ignore everything said in this thread.

There were reasonable decisions made on this launch at first and by now it is just ridiculous.

Have fun to everybody who's playing by now, I'm just dissappionted by this really poor management.

look the way i see it if you did get in youd have to queue, crazy anyway so just stop your QQ & go to bed/go play a game r 2 & come back 2mor . 12/12 here lats not be the only december group to QQ it just 1 day . ;) Edited by Makaaveli

K, I'ma start a guild for all late Decemberists on the last server in the list, hoping it's not overpopulated. Anyone who wants to join, meet me there =D (Dark Side)

Name's going to be </Force wave> I'm gonna miss that power... no more force wave T.T

ANYWAY, that's the guild name.

Oy, idiot, i'm a 13th of December. Why would I be here if I could play?

OY, *******...when did i ever say you weren't waiting to get let in. I commented on your elitist sounding drivel. You made it sound like ur a better person bc ur not getting pissed off at the way they're handling this..... if you take the time to look, you'll notice there are a lot more people pissed than not, so ****.... and lick my taint.

This is nowhere near as bad as the two monitors I bought to enjoy this game after my 22" died. I ordered them Nov. 1, expecting for them to get here in time to play this game. I RMA'd the day after I received them (Nov. 8), neither powered on. Just got my money back for the shipping return yesterday and they cant find replacements for my two monitors. Now they say they will look for replacements until 12/21 then credit me the money back. That's all very nice-- too bad I missed an entire season of holiday pricing and I'm still peering at a 15" dell.

Super glad I couldn't get logged into the website, input my code or anything for 3 days.

Goooooo awesome company gooooo.

Preach it, friend. I entered my code during the night on 7th of December. Since Bioware managed to royally crash their site after it had that very long maintenance, my code did not appear as a preorder code. It was added manually by Bioware CS and now has a date set as 12th of December. So, I am out since leaving the last week of preorders after letting five and half months of preorders in is somehow a good decision.

About customer service, Bioware, a lot to learn has. Unbelieveable really. And since servers are down tomorrow until 3PM my time, I won't even be able to create my char before going to work but I can't do that anyway as the first invites land at about the same 3PM mark. As I said - unbelievable. And now I will have to suffer through hours of queues (wasn't staggered release supposed to avoid queues? Oh right, in fantasy land it does or at Bioware HQ, it seems) to play with my friends who are all in and playing right now. So, to reiterate: I will get my invite as the dirty faced bastard on the last day and I probably will not get to even play as I will have to face a two hour queue beforing logging in and gods forbid if the game crashes or I get DCd and have to sit the full queue again.

Epic, 10/10 for the launch so far.

Can you guys please stop *********** writing "THEY SAID UP TO 5 DAYS" like that is a legit reason for them not letting us in.

When they ADVERTISE ON THEIR SITE, that you can have UP TO 5 DAYS OF EARLY ACCESS, then it should be possible to get UP TO 5 DAYS OF EARLY ACCESS.

For all of us, who ordered the game medio december, that IS NOT THE CASE, we NEVER had a chance of getting 5 days of early access, so they SHOULD HAVE REMOVED THAT STATEMENT FROM THE FRONTPAGE.

How *********** hard is that to understand?

"UP TO 5 DAYS" MIGHT be a legit reason, for all of you guys, who ordered the game up untill dec. 5 (which seems to be who was let in today) but for the rest of us, it was nothing but a bad marketing trick, to make us buy the game early. We were NEVER going to get 5 days - obviously.

By the way, i am not half as pissed off with Bioware not living up to their own ads, as i am with all of you self-rightous morons, who keeps telling us that we "cant read".

I hope to god this "up to..." trick is being used with subscriptions aswell: "Buy up to 5 MONTHS of game-time for only 50$", then they give you 2 days, and i'm going to be like: "Hey guys, cant you read?? It said UP TO 5 months, so 2 days is perfectly fine!".. Jesus christ...

"But you didnt pay for the 5 days, so they are only like an extra bonus." Yes, i DID pay for the five days, even though the game will be the same price when it is out. I ordered the game, BEFORE IT WAS OUT, because of the 5 days promise, if not, those money would still be on my account, right up untill the moment when i would actually recieve the product which i paid for.

You are probably the same type of person that when told that some product takes 2-5 business days to ship, the exact moment it hits 7:01pm and you know fedex won't come around again, you are calling up some company's customer service and trying to rip them a new one for not delivering as promised.

I understand your semantics, but you are ideologically wrong. You may feel slighted, and that's certainly possible if you feel that parting with $5 earlier than the 20th is not worth the potential gain of potentially 5 days of early access to the game, however you are splitting hairs. Nobody paid early for any sort of guarantee of any kind. Not even the July folks. Everyone paid early for potential gain. Nothing more, nothing less. There was a degree of uncertainty for everyone in the world. There still is uncertainty, because BW could end the entire game right now if they wanted to, we are subject to their every whim.

There's a phrase everyone should be familiar with:

"Let the buyer beware."

Should take it to heart folks.

Actually no I was promised game time before release, yes UP TO 5 days. However respect is more than living up to the letter of your promise its living up to the spirit of it and I really don't feel like a respected customer at all right now.

I agree with this 100 percent I don't feel very respected right now at all. They were letting in huge date swaths of people then suddenly reduced it down to 3 or so days. ***? Why did they give like 20k people the finger with this game? Ridiculous BioWare, ridiculous.

I'm mad because they're better than this.

Your a *********** tool and obviously feel like Bioware owes you something. They don't owe you ****, there is no extra price included in preorders where you pay for 5 days of early access. Your argument would be the same as saying "i bought that lottery ticket and i won 50,000$ BUT THEY SAID I COULD WIN UP TO A MILLION.". If you aren't happy, then leave. No one cares that things aren't going your way.

Yeah, i like that argument aswell! Perfect example of how *********** braindead the like of you are...

"There is no extra price, so they dont owe you"

Oh great man, so i guess that they could promise me just about anything on the homepage, to bait me into buying the game, and then leave me hanging because "i didnt pay extra for it". I'd love to see that in real life aswell, buying a car - being promised that it will have A/C and winter tires included in the price - then getting it without both: "BUT HEY! I DIDN'T PAY EXTRA FOR IT EH'!?!"

Moron!