The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault Plastique - essential for assault pvp?

shucksy

The problem with this thread is it's filled with a lot of people who DON'T play assault, arguing about how their FotM shield spec is better.

Meanwhile, the people who actually play assault in PvP generally seem to strongly support AP.

Onlookers can make the call based on that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point being, once you're up there, you can probably get more punch out of taking a Tier 1/2 ability from Tactics or Shield than Burnout. There's a lot of good PvE Assault that go x/x/25 cycling HIB's that can easily benefit from putting those points elsewhere to greater effect. Certainly anything that'll boost the elemental spam you're going to be generating rotating Ion Pulses/IR while repeatedly burninating the target. Heck, it might even be worth dropping the points into a quicker-regenerating Pulse Cannon shot.

This is where we differ:

"There's a lot of good PvE Assault that go x/x/25 cycling HIB's.."

I am coming from a PvP standpoint. Not a PvE. Although it can apply to both. I would rather keep my A.P. for burning/bursting a target down, and having the power to dump DoT's on an enemy. Its great for helping finish off a runner in PvP IMO.

But to each his own! I agree to disagree and understand your point. We just have different ways of looking at the issue.

The problem with this thread is it's filled with a lot of people who DON'T play assault, arguing about how their FotM shield spec is better.

Meanwhile, the people who actually play assault in PvP generally seem to strongly support AP.

Onlookers can make the call based on that.

Yes and also the problem is once you go into a spec it is very hard to switch, because your gears would not be appropriate for the other (deep shield and deep assault has very different stats on their respective pvp set)

If you switch to try with supercommando gear to do assault it would suck a lot cuz you won't be doing the kind of damage to make it work (due mainly to lack of crit and surge).

I am fortunate enough to have both champ sets myself but not many are in that position where they can switch and try with the most optimial setup.