Carnage PvE/PvP spec corner, with beverages!

J-Slh

some interesting choices in that pvp build there. get going and level up so you got the time to explain :)

personally i would go with points in Enraged Slash to get some benefit out of using massacre. Would not take Malice because of that.

And i would move points out of Defensive Roll and put them in to Defencive Forms. This is because of the movement speed and fury building seems more beneficial to me then staying up a bit longer in an aoe showdown.

Also depending on how much Retaliation is used in my rotation or is triggered, points spent in cloak of annihilation might be a must or the points would be better placed in someplace else. maybe Narrowed Hatred if that turns out to be useful in pvp.

But so far my build would go something like this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100McZGMbrddrRrsZM.1

Cloak of carnage is kind of a waste, erupting fury is a better choice for PvP.

This will be my PvP spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100ZhMrrddrRrsZRM0M.1

A good spec, but doesn't Massacre somewhat replace Vicious Slash? At least that's my understanding from what I've read and researched.

If that's the case those 2 points in Brutality could be used for something else.

A good spec, but doesn't Massacre somewhat replace Vicious Slash? At least that's my understanding from what I've read and researched.

If that's the case those 2 points in Brutality could be used for something else.

Yes massacre completely replaces it.

nice read, but one minor thing, you're saying rupture is not cost efficient, while it really does a whole load of damage for 2 rage. especially in pvp, it's really a great skill.

this is my tree for leveling and pvp by the way:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::f14e2f3efe6fe3fe2fe4f6ef4ef8:

Edited by DarthBoga

As I posted in the other Carnage post, what is the point of "Malice" in our spec tree if it only benefits force chock due to Force scream having 100% Crit chance with frenzy up?

With my current "rotation" as carnage I cannot see a proper fit for force chock at all.

My current rotation;

Enraging Assault > Force Scream > Gore > ravage > Massacre

If I don't need rage

Force Scream > Gore > Ravage > Massacre

If no Frenzy

Gore > Ravage > Force Scream > Massacre

Mid Rotation it falls in to a "Hit what comes up First" priority system. The difference is I try my best to keep up Massacre's buff up as long as possible.

I'll prioritize Massacre before Ravage if the buff is about to fall off.

I never delay Force scream or Enraging assault, and I'll only hit Gore If I have 6+ Fury for the most benefits of it's short buff

As you can see though the rotation is rather busy, and I cannot find a need nor a desire to use force chock which makes Malice useless unless it effects other abilities.

I'd love to hear any comments on my rotation or any suggestions fellow Marauders have.