Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware - Trial accounts please. I have friends

Pinkiee

Hello Bioware.

Trial accounts need to happen ASAP. i have some friends that want to try your game before they buy.

LOVE PINKY

On the other hand, I am happy not getting spammed by gold farmers.

Edit :

It would be great if they open trial severs and limits trial accounts on it.

Edited by doublehelix

Disable their ability to send in-game mail or whisper until they buy the full retail copy.

I want trial accounts too. I have a buddy who I KNOW would sub if he could try the game first.

NO! Along with trial accounts comes the credit spammers. Do not need them. If they implement they need to take the idea put forth that all trial accounts can only be on a trial server. If you purchase the game your trial character can be moved to a server of your choice or you can reroll on a non trial server.

Edit :

It would be great if they open trial severs and limits trial accounts on it.

or just like other games that have trials

that account usualy cannot send mail recieve mail or trade

so what ever they make on that 7 day trial they cant really use other then to buy off the AH or tgn put cant post items

so gold farmers wont be able to abuse this

or just like other games that have trials

that account usualy cannot send mail recieve mail or trade

so what ever they make on that 7 day trial they cant really use other then to buy off the AH or tgn put cant post items

so gold farmers wont be able to abuse this

Oh they did...As I said earlier...Ironforge/Stormwind or wherever they choose...level 1s..arranging URLS...its amazing to see actually.

Trial accounts generally come when the game needs a boost in subscriptions.

Not necessarily true. Rift did it early on, very successful for them.

Having such a story based game here - I could see trial accounts working very well for them here.

I say give so many buddy keys to players that they can distribute make said keys traceable back to who originally gave the key so if it ends up in the hands of a credit farmer or gold spammer the person who gave them that key would be liable. Edited by Jett-Rinn

I have friends who would jump into a new game at first chance, and friends who needs extra "motivation" to play any games at all. THe later group could benefit from a trial account for sure.

I'm pretty sure these same people are likely to /quit and /quit early and often. No offense, but if you have no skin in the game, you have no reason to stick around.

OP, I'd prefer to see paying subscribers in this game, no free trials. Also, free trials are not needed for the games success at this point IMO. Companies do not provide free trials so you friends can play, they offer free trials as a marketing tool to attract new players. This is something you do AFTER the whiners and the instant gratification crowd have moved on, you have a few patches under your belt, and you want to create a population pop.

I say give so many buddy keys to players that they can distribute make said keys traceable back to who originally gave the key so if it ends up in the hands of a credit farmer or gold spammer the person who gave them that key would be liable.

Make it part of a "Refer a Friend" program and I support it. I don't like them just giving out buddy keys to people. Those end up all over the internet.

Biggest problem with free trials as far as I see is that it's not a 1-time buy. If I can hook a friend on the story, maybe they'd drop the $70 to play. But, if they're not convinced about the commitment to this sort of game, having them play a while for free is just going to bring them back to the same uncertainty a month later.

I have a lot of friends who want to play and specifically do not because there's too much going on in their lives (graduate school, clinical rotations, etc) to pay monthly and risk wasting their money. For them, the pay once, play when possible model is still the only way to go, and a trial would shift their thinking from "someday I need to sign up for that" to "I played that a bit, not anymore."

I must admit I would have liked to try before buying SWTOR... but anyone who does a little research online can see what the game is about. I have absolutely zero regrets leaving wow after 3 years to try biowares new release.:D

I played Beta 3 for SWG.. and was saddened when they rewrote the game.:eek: The fans have waited and thankfully bioware and lucasarts appear to have gotten it right this time. I've tried almost every mmo out there.. and this is a cut above.. and the only one i will play that is not a blizzard title.:p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.