So Bioware, about the Sorceror issue...

Torleen

So during the full BETA I was in on the Revan server, for a long time there were a lot of complaints that it seemed that Sorcerers/Sages were doing far more damage and healing far more then all the other classes. There was simply no point in playing anything else.

The Sorcerer crowd of course came out of the woodwork to troll, insult, etc anyone who saw there was a problem and claimed everyone who did not like them doing so much more damage then everyone else should just learn to play their class, blah blah blah.

Eventually, a developer came forward and pointed out that there was a bug in Warzones that was causing all classes that depended on their weapons for damage were not being bolstered correctly. Basically, if you were a weapon damage class (Meaning everyone but Sorcerer and Sage) your damage was stuck at whatever level you were. So because of this, Sorcerers were doing FAR more damage then all the other classes because they were being bolstered correctly.

Yet the Sorcerer community believed this was just fine, saw no anomaly and insulted anyone who dare speak the sacrilege that their mighty PVP skills were not what was helping them win was viciously attacked.

While that bug was eventually fixed, it is clear there is still a problem here. Bioware told us BETA testers that these two classes were the most developed, and that they were hoping to boost all the other classes to compensate rather then nerfing Sorcerers.

We are waiting...

Now.... PLEASE tell me where I asked for a nerf here?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i've read, so many of you are not really "pvp'er"

I know a thing about all your complains. You "bla bla.." about 400k damage in a WZ and 80k healing..

A sorcerer / sage, in a hybrid template, have two spell which can hit for 4k on many target.

But, does it is effective in a warzone ? NO !

I would be really happy on a nerf as i don't play this retarded spec..

But really, i play a madness sorcerer, and i DO NOT all that damage "everytime" as i prefer do kiting / control than useless DPS...

For me, a sorcerer with his 500k damage screen in a warzone is just a "stupid pve turret and incredibly easy to kill".

I prefer to have a 350k marauder in my group, with effective damage, who kill and not /tab dot everyone like i've seen in 95% movies / streams.. (sorcerer dying while casting lightning just make me laugh so hard..)

It's like in WOW warzone, it's not necessary the 1st (lock / sham usually) which is the best class. We can't all fit the same role, that's all.

That's why there are some classes with more stun / anticast / utility group abilities, some others with a "mortal strike" like, and a burst on demand abily...................

That's all about classes. As a sorcerer you can kill and tab without running 10 sec to burn your ennemy (you don't lose time by switch and doing damage). I would like to see a kind of arena at this time to really see what shine in a real "versus fighting" game.

Sorry for my englishhhhh!

Edited by Notkhalou

From what i've read, so many of you are not really "pvp'er"

I know a thing about all your complains. You "bla bla.." about 400k damage in a WZ and 80k healing..

A sorcerer / sage, in a hybrid template, have two spell which can hit for 4k on many target.

But, does it is effective in a warzone ? NO !

I would be really happy on a nerf as i don't play this retarded spec..

But really, i play a madness sorcerer, and i DO NOT all that damage "everytime" as i prefer do kiting / control than useless DPS...

For me, a sorcerer with his 500k damage screen in a warzone is just a "stupid pve turret and incredibly easy to kill".

I prefer to have a 350k marauder in my group, with effective damage, who kill and not /tab dot everyone like i've seen in 95% movies / streams.. (sorcerer dying while casting lightning just make me laugh so hard..)

It's like in WOW warzone, it's not necessary the 1st (lock / sham usually) which is the best class. We can't all fit the same role, that's all.

That's why there are some classes with more stun / anticast / utility group abilities, some others with a "mortal strike" like, and a burst on demand abily...................

That's all about classes. As a sorcerer you can kill and tab without running 10 sec to burn your ennemy (you don't lose time by switch and doing damage). I would like to see a kind of arena at this time to really see what shine in a real "versus fighting" game.

Sorry for my englishhhhh!

Sorry do you have a point to make? What rambling point was on your mind?

And no Area would ruin the game just like it did in WoW.

It destroyed the PVE game and now it is dying plain and simple. SLOOOWWWLLLY.......

No sorc will ever get as many medals as my shield tech PT, ever. Three minutes into the match I'm at 5 medals already- why should I care about roots and snares? I got range, pull, leap, I even hit harder and in a group with my protection and taunts- nobody's hurting any of my allies.

Everyone playing Trooper/BH and SW/JK that's actually good at is is just sitting back watching amused waiting for these nerfs to classes we already can turn inside out.

So yes, please, make the game even easier.

Sorry do you have a point to make? What rambling point was on your mind?

And no Area would ruin the game just like it did in WoW.

It destroyed the PVE game and now it is dying plain and simple. SLOOOWWWLLLY.......

As i am more at ease reading english than writing, it is difficult to explain..

It's just that 95% of the reply in that post are just "wrong" and "rambling' (thank for the new word :cool:)

And as, every MMO experimented players knows, casters are very good at dealing damage and controlling. You just have to focus them to avoid that burst..

CL and Deathfield add a huge part of the numbers they produce. It isn't exactly high damage burst. It's just high damage output.

We do the lowest burst. Why shouldn't we have the highest output?

We wouldn't be able to kill things without it. My biggest crits are 3.5 with everything in my favor in full BM gear.

Tracer missle does that with cent gear.

At the op. I was in beta and played a sage/sorc. I told them repeatedly how OP the hybrid spec was where you pick up every form of CC, and double speed lightning negated any dps loss you skipped in the balance tree.

I literally had to TRY TO DIE. All my posts were met with harassment and mass reports if I responded by posting screenshots of me doing more dmg then the peopel calling me bad. Eventually I literally gave up on feedback.

The entire reason I made my scoundrel/op was because I knew how stupidly OP the sage/sorc class was and I planned on killing all of them. So who gets nerfed first? Op/scoundrel...

It is literally a joke at this point. Can I still lead dmg on my scoundrel/op? Sure. Can I do damn near a 1/3rd more on the sage/sorc, while herp/derping it up? Yup.

A class that has no problem topping meters with an EASY playstyle (another thing I reported was that all ranged class minus slinger/sniper were WAY TOO EASY TO PLAY) has...

Instant cast soft CC (talented), RANGED stun and a knockback just in the balance tree. Procs for instant cast nukes so that the only thing they have to cast is a channeled that AUTOKITES and procs all their crap. That should be all they get for a herp/derp playstyle.

But no...they can then pick up a ROOT on a knockback, stronger shield, and a double speed lightning proc that you don't even have to look for procs on, cus you are always spamming lightning anyways.

To even make this class close to what other classes are the no cooldown on lightning needs moved to the 31 point talent in balance. This would prevent being able to get the knockback/root and shield breaking auto mezzing nearbye people.

No class should ever have that many CC options with two of them automatic. Absolutely stupid. When they do have that much CC? They should absolutely suck at overall dmg, not be leading it. Add to that the stupidly easy playstyle (vanilla shadow priest minus having to shift in and out of shadow form), and it isn't hard to see why their are 8/8 Sorc/sages in some warzones...

People cry about BH/Trooper but I would rather fight 8 troopers any day. It is hilarious that sages/sorc act as if they play a complex class and call the other herp derp ranged "faceroll". Both classes are faceroll and sage/sorc is MUCH better then Merc/Commando. The only ranged in this game that is slightly challenging is slinger/sniper and they cry about them to.

The sage/sorc community is among the worst I have ever seen in an MMO (especially in beta). Absolutely clueless, calls for nerfs on every class, and can't even do well on the most stupidly OP ranged class in the history of MMO's.

At the op. I was in beta and played a sage/sorc. I told them repeatedly how OP the hybrid spec was where you pick up every form of CC, and double speed lightning negated any dps loss you skipped in the balance tree.

I literally had to TRY TO DIE. All my posts were met with harassment and mass reports if I responded by posting screenshots of me doing more dmg then the peopel calling me bad. Eventually I literally gave up on feedback.

The entire reason I made my scoundrel/op was because I knew how stupidly OP the sage/sorc class was and I planned on killing all of them. So who gets nerfed first? Op/scoundrel...

It is literally a joke at this point. Can I still lead dmg on my scoundrel/op? Sure. Can I do damn near a 1/3rd more on the sage/sorc, while herp/derping it up? Yup.

A class that has no problem topping meters with an EASY playstyle (another thing I reported was that all ranged class minus slinger/sniper were WAY TOO EASY TO PLAY) has...

Instant cast soft CC (talented), RANGED stun and a knockback just in the balance tree. Procs for instant cast nukes so that the only thing they have to cast is a channeled that AUTOKITES and procs all their crap. That should be all they get for a herp/derp playstyle.

But no...they can then pick up a ROOT on a knockback, stronger shield, and a double speed lightning proc that you don't even have to look for procs on, cus you are always spamming lightning anyways.

To even make this class close to what other classes are the no cooldown on lightning needs moved to the 31 point talent in balance. This would prevent being able to get the knockback/root and shield breaking auto mezzing nearbye people.

No class should ever have that many CC options with two of them automatic. Absolutely stupid. When they do have that much CC? They should absolutely suck at overall dmg, not be leading it. Add to that the stupidly easy playstyle (vanilla shadow priest minus having to shift in and out of shadow form), and it isn't hard to see why their are 8/8 Sorc/sages in some warzones...

People cry about BH/Trooper but I would rather fight 8 troopers any day. It is hilarious that sages/sorc act as if they play a complex class and call the other herp derp ranged "faceroll". Both classes are faceroll and sage/sorc is MUCH better then Merc/Commando. The only ranged in this game that is slightly challenging is slinger/sniper and they cry about them to.

The sage/sorc community is among the worst I have ever seen in an MMO (especially in beta). Absolutely clueless, calls for nerfs on every class, and can't even do well on the most stupidly OP ranged class in the history of MMO's.

I couldn't be more accurate.

It's been like what? Almost 6 months since player start to post Sorc OP thread on beta forum and 6 months later they are still complain about Sorc OP.

And OP is not alone, I notice a few beta tester that still complain about sorc OP as of now.

All these Sorc hate(note: not "sage" for some reason) make me think all of them had suffer some serious "pvp trauma" from a sorc player back in beta.

The problem about Sorc is that some class feel they are underpower and wish to be buff, over the course of beta and post launch Mara/Sent has seen some very impressive buff that make them(note:when play by a good player) can easily destroy a sorc 1v1.

Not to mention Sorc themselves have been through some nerf, while some may disagree but shield/bubble actually don't absorb as much damage as they do in beta(4.5k to 3k) BioWare also move different skill tree for different utility, Sorc has changed, too.

It is obvious few player still think their class is still not on par with Sorc, so to what end do

you think is balance between your class and a sorc? I am not asking to change Sorc class but instead ask you to make up some reasonable idea to change your class to match a sorc.

Contrary to popular believes, BioWare do listen to forum post, just the

constructive ones.

So instead of crying "nerf sorc bubble" "nerf sorc speed" how about you guys actually start using your brain and think about "buff -insert class- utility".

Looks like someone plays a Sorc to, but seriously if your getting owned by a Sentinel you need some gear or rethink you tactics against one. When the kick our spell it's not like wow you don't lose the whole tree you can cast something else