Crew Skill Trainers - am I missing something?

Loyal_Viggo

Greetings.

Situation: I'm roughly 330 Synthweaving and have been able to buy new schematics as I go along. No problems there.

However, I'm at roughly the same level for Underworld Trading and Archaeology yet have never seen one new mission available at a Crew Skill Trainer. I'm disappointed that there are no new trainable missions at these vendors, at least for me.

Am I missing something? Do you have to reach a certain level for them to offer something?

Do you ever get any new missions from Crew Skill Trainers?

Any constructive replies are appreciated.

Cheers

Greetings.

Situation: I'm roughly 330 Synthweaving and have been able to buy new schematics as I go along. No problems there.

However, I'm at roughly the same level for Underworld Trading and Archaeology yet have never seen one new mission available at a Crew Skill Trainer. I'm disappointed that there are no new trainable missions at these vendors, at least for me.

Am I missing something? Do you have to reach a certain level for them to offer something?

Do you ever get any new missions from Crew Skill Trainers?

Any constructive replies are appreciated.

Cheers

Only crafting professions (artifice, synthweave, armstech, etc) have new patterns you need to purchase for advancement.

Mission and gathering skills (arch, TH, UT, Slicing, ect) don't have new trainable missions or abilities. As your skill raises in these professions, you automatically get new missions that can be selected via the crew skill window.

Hope this helps.

Edited by alechunter

You can also get missions for the gathering skills from certain skills like Slicing. If you don't have those, check the GTN. They're usually pricey, but they basically combine your "types" of gathering missions into one epic mission.

For example, the Underworld Trading missions will combine a fabric and metals missions into one mission. I've found these to net pretty good returns (almost always get several blue fabrics and metals and often a couple purples as well).

Gathering and mission trainers never have nothing to you! They are there just for the sake of when you decide to pick a crew skill for the first time, or when you need/want to change any of you crew skills!

Just the "crafter" ones have times to times, as you rise your skill, new recipes to offer:cool:

So the Gathering trainers are useless.

Other than learning the skill in the first place, you mean? Yep. But learning the skill in the first place IS sorta important.

And P.S. The missions you can get from slicing you don't learn and then have them permanently added to your available mission pool. They are one time use.

I think the thing that I found confusing about this is the placement of the Gathering Trainers. Like when you enter a random Cantina and see an Undeworld Trading trainer lookin' all shifty in the corner...

It makes you think that there's a reason for them to be there.. that somehow/where along the way, they might have new Missions for you. At least, that's what I was thinking, but having gotten a character to 50 now, I realize that these guys must either be for show, or for future use.

I think the thing that I found confusing about this is the placement of the Gathering Trainers. Like when you enter a random Cantina and see an Undeworld Trading trainer lookin' all shifty in the corner...

It makes you think that there's a reason for them to be there.. that somehow/where along the way, they might have new Missions for you. At least, that's what I was thinking, but having gotten a character to 50 now, I realize that these guys must either be for show, or for future use.

Thats exactly what i was thinking. Seems weird that they occupy so much space in markets and the space station to be pointless beyond claiming the skill itself to begin with.