Telekentic Throw Animation Concept (movie and commentary)

TheNeox

It's acceptable, but when they go to the extreme that Sage's main attack is throwing tiny "pebbles", and everyone agrees that it's the lamest main animation in the game, then I think they should try to do a little better to make an animation that people will enjoy.

I'm not sure where our opinions differ on this. I do not think the current TK Throw animation is great either (have you seen my sig?). I do however think that the current theme of throwing rocks/debris is perfect for a Jedi.

Edited by sollinton

I'm not sure where our opinions differ on this. I do not think the current TK Throw animation is great either (have you seen my sig?). I do however think that the current theme of throwing rocks/debris is perfect for a Jedi.

Our opinions don't differ. I'm sort of just trying to keep the thread alive.

I don't see why Jedi can't toss around small weapons such as throwing stars, discs, or spears. I think any of these is much more interesting than small rocks.

Edited by DeltaGun

Our opinions don't differ. I'm sort of just trying to keep the thread alive.

I don't see why Jedi can't toss around small weapons such as throwing stars, discs, or spears. I think any of these is much more interesting than small rocks.

Good call sir, good call.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I'm not as skilled as OP so can't make a cool little demo animation. My idea is that instead of rocks we could have little golden/blue disturbances about a foot across that the sage fires from an outstretched hand.

That said, OP's idea is still cooler than the one we have atm, that said, I bet we'd end up with a delay due to animations due to BioWare's favouritism.

Unfortunately, I'm not as skilled as OP so can't make a cool little demo animation. My idea is that instead of rocks we could have little golden/blue disturbances about a foot across that the sage fires from an outstretched hand.

This. definitely MUCH better idea than random big rock throwing instead of small rock throwing.

As if it'd really be much of a difference. Yea, you add hand movement, but it's still basiaclly the same - small rocks fly. Cheap stuff. Doesn't look epic. Doesn't add any "feel" to the character.

What I never understood... is why the pebbles/rocks flew "from nowhere behind you" parallel to the ground. Where are those pebbles coming from? Haha.

If they only pivoted (lowered) the the emitter to below ground (instead of at head level), it would look as if all those pebbles and stones would be flying up out the ground towards the target. Such a small height adjustment could make the current method much better.

Standing right next to a target would make those pebbles seem to fly straight up the foe's crotch... but that works too ;)

What I never understood... is why the pebbles/rocks flew "from nowhere behind you" parallel to the ground. Where are those pebbles coming from? Haha.

If they only pivoted (lowered) the the emitter to below ground (instead of at head level), it would look as if all those pebbles and stones would be flying up out the ground towards the target. Such a small height adjustment could make the current method much better.

Standing right next to a target would make those pebbles seem to fly straight up the foe's crotch... but that works too ;)

Or maybe pebbles coming up from the ground first and twirling around the Sage and then being thrown maybe? :)

Or maybe pebbles coming up from the ground first and twirling around the Sage and then being thrown maybe? :)

Would add an animation delay similar to Project's, in effect nerfing the move. Like the difference between Project and Shock could be fixed by simply having the Sorcerer gather the lightening in his hand before firing it off, so to would Force Lightening need a similar delay built into it.

Would add an animation delay similar to Project's, in effect nerfing the move. Like the difference between Project and Shock could be fixed by simply having the Sorcerer gather the lightening in his hand before firing it off, so to would Force Lightening need a similar delay built into it.

Yeah we don't want to add anymore delays then what is there. The swirling pebbles could just be an added visual on top of what exists (thus not changing the pre-delay in any way).

I guess what it boils down too... there are multiple ways BW could have made the effect visually more logical/stunning. Hopefully they will take this suggestion thread to whiteboard, and think about it with other animation enhancements.

The one things I think is being missed here is that while the damage is happening sequentially, the debuff to run-speed is a constant. Whatever the animation is, it should be constantly happening to the opposing player simply because of that run-speed debuff.

Spoiler warning.

Isn't there in consular class quest in alderaan this female jedi who uses a channeled ability that projects multiple objects(like project) very fast? I think they could use that.

Just started thinking that it might be too much going on screen if there are multiple people using it simultaneously...

Edited by Terko_Koslah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.