Best Sorc DPS spec for Endgame

Simuil

Just make sure that you have a dps build with good force regen. The builds with more madness always run out of force in ops.

the popular 0/13/28 is pretty good. You get two regen. One from lightning strike stack upto 3 for 10% regen and force lightning crit 1% force back. So between those two, you can keep your force up while doing some death field, affliction, crushing darkness. I don't ALWAYS keep it up cause then you would run out of force. It is all about management.

I do wish there is a combat log at the end of the run to see how you do (like MVP type at end of ops like in PvP) that would help a lot. I know that damage include AoE but still be nice.

17/24 here, tried them all and this is by far my favorite, sacrifice some dot damage but in return you can take consumption off your bar:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfoMMdMMZsrbRsMkR.1

Lightning Effusion with 30%+ crit is very good, then the issue becomes agro management, because I pull agro like crazy if the tank doesnt have solid agro on everything, especially when I start dropping Chain Lightning and Death Field on AOE pulls.

the popular 0/13/28 is pretty good. You get two regen. One from lightning strike stack upto 3 for 10% regen and force lightning crit 1% force back. So between those two, you can keep your force up while doing some death field, affliction, crushing darkness. I don't ALWAYS keep it up cause then you would run out of force. It is all about management.

I do wish there is a combat log at the end of the run to see how you do (like MVP type at end of ops like in PvP) that would help a lot. I know that damage include AoE but still be nice.

lightning strike is horrible, and the regen from the talent is even worse. even wasting wrath procs on it is worse than just casting force lightning.

Just make sure that you have a dps build with good force regen. The builds with more madness always run out of force in ops.

Any build with Wrath and Sith Efficacy will never run out of Force.

Any build including Chain Lightning, Madness, Wrath and Sith Efficacy will pretty much do the trick for you as far as damage though.

If you can do wrath cl and deathfield in ops as 18/23 then you can do it as 23/18. You will can get forked lightning for more dps out of a wrath cl and also lightning effusion which should allow you to go full on indefinately. With lightning effusion, electric induction, reserves and sith efficacy I have experienced 0 force issues thus far. Even off healing non-stop the occasional fl for regen and almost guaranteed lightning effusion for half priced heals combined with lower cost force powers in general I will end a fight at almost 100% sometimes. Had this happen the other night when the healer went afk. Me and one other sorcerer had to heal non-stop so the tank would not die since he pulled anyways. The other guy was oof and I was almost full casting non-stop. Edited by skarlson

I disagree. If you go through the full rotation without skipping on any attacks, you will run out of force in ops.

Only if you spam CL on cooldown. 13/28 isn't meant to spam it every time it's available. If you want to spam CL on cooldown, try a 7/18/16 build instead, that literally does have infinite force.

Lightning can have issues with force too, if they get lucky with Lightning Storm procs and get unlucky with their crit clumping.

Edited by Daellia

this is my current build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201oZccMrd0MZfMcRsMkM.1

Use wrath procs for chain lightning and crushing darkness, almost never have to use it for lightning strike.

I can fight all day long and never go below 70% force power.

Was doing jarg and sorno on normal, myself (well geared) and a tank, were almost out DPSing another well geared, but poorly speced sorc, 2 fresh 50s and the 2nd tank. This build does a lot of damage.

So I've been looking over the 0/25/16 build for Raids and i was wondering is Reserves really necessary with all the other abilities that make Force more than manageable?

this is the original build

http://knotor.com/skills#AgcAGRBBS1FpcoKJkqq6y9LbeYmTmau6y9oA

this is what I've been thinking to make it a little more pvp friendly, mainly so I don't have to respec so often.

http://knotor.com/skills#AgcAGRBLUWlyeomSmqGyusvbeYmTmau6y9oA

I have not tried it yet, just came up with it today, but I have a big raid later today, and don't want to go in with an untested build. Just in case anyone is wondering why I don't go for any of the whirlwind abilities for PvE i don't find instant WW that useful or in PvP it's constantly being broken almost as soon as I finish casting it, making it seem like a waist. Input would be welcome.

I'm using this one:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201hZf0bZcMfRsMkrfz.1

I'm not sure why people hate the last talents in Madness, I find them very good for spreading the love of Damage-Over-Time. A lot in the build is based on criticals, so buff that stat to the maximum. Having several enemies dotted, then each time you make a critical hit, you recover health. Because of this I've actually won medals for hitting 75k healing in PVP, simply by self-healing through the massive dot'ting (and death field).

It is pretty good on the force and each time I proc Wrath, I use Crushing Darkness as first priority. But if Crushing Darkness is on cooldown, I use lightning strike, since this works as a shock (instant damage) and also gives higher force regeneration.

hello so far i see most ppl posting maddness specs is that because is the spec thats giving the best results so far? i know is hard to tell without logs but just asking because im currently lightning specs and going to start on hard modes, and will like to know if maybe a hybrid can help more for the raid than my current spec.

hello so far i see most ppl posting maddness specs is that because is the spec thats giving the best results so far? i know is hard to tell without logs but just asking because im currently lightning specs and going to start on hard modes, and will like to know if maybe a hybrid can help more for the raid than my current spec.

The big thing about Madness is Sith Efficiency. We use Force Lightning a lot, so earning back Force is a big deal. That and Wrath procs for Crushing Darkness or Chain Lightning.

The different specs are within 10% of each other according to spreadsheets, and since we don't have combat logs we don't know 100% what is best. However, we assume Hybrid Madness is best because it models the highest.