*spoiler* act 2 story question

xcalibat

I'm doubting that choice in dialogue really has any bearing on the type of ending available, probably just different response from your implant watcher-x. What has a big bearing is whether you decide to spare the lives of the SIS team during act 2 finale (if you killed Chance at the beginning stage of act 2, it's probably too late for that ending).

I'm curious as to what happens if you pick the payback option as your new programming in act 2. Are you asking for revenge against those who put the brainwashing in your head or SIS?

Your decisions will matter at the end of act 3.

Oh darn, really? Can someone tell me what happens if you pick the payback one? I choose the never be controlled again, but I want to know who it is you wanted revenge against. It was bit vague with it just saying "I want payback."

I'm just hitting Voss in Act 3 so still not sure yet myself and am curious as well. I too picked the freedom option since revenge can easily come with being free and that whole experience was so traumatic, I almost automatically picked freedom. I don't know what the differences would be but on Belsavis:

Scorpio flooded the room I was in with my convinct team with a gas that makes you extremely violent, but my agent was immune. Scorpio commented that it should have been impossible, but apparently my choosing freedom from one form of brainwashing carries over well! I don't know if other options from act 2 would really change anything here, but I liked how it fit.

I'm just hitting Voss in Act 3 so still not sure yet myself and am curious as well. I too picked the freedom option since revenge can easily come with being free and that whole experience was so traumatic, I almost automatically picked freedom. I don't know what the differences would be but on Belsavis:

Scorpio flooded the room I was in with my convinct team with a gas that makes you extremely violent, but my agent was immune. Scorpio commented that it should have been impossible, but apparently my choosing freedom from one form of brainwashing carries over well! I don't know if other options from act 2 would really change anything here, but I liked how it fit.

the other options don't. I chose the option to push me past my limits and still got the same cutscene with scorpio.

and to answer the question: I don't know what happens with that particular option, but i do know if you select the one that says push me past my limits watcher x just says that is an interesting idea then frees me from my brainwashing