I still think Marauder is just a broken class

nonumbers

Hose Reporting in:

Nearly Full rakata gear, Damage is mediocre at best. thus im in agreement with OP.

I agree with the OP on almost everything but his suggestions on how to fix it. I dont think any of us have the full knowledge of the game to create suggestions like "remove fury".

The only suggestion i make is that we as mara's get a form of a knockback or stun that doesn't cc yourself in the process, and to tweak our damage. The fix they are making for annihilation while deserving, doesn't even tap into whats wrong with the class.

AGAIN were not Broken, we just suck.

take your L2P comments and go back to WoW, none of your critism is helpful or argumentative and you are just merely trolling.

I also highly doubt the people posting L2P even have a marauder or are so bad at this game that every marauder no matter how gimped facerolls them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of words and dumb stuff snipped

In PvP the last thing I want to see is a well played marauder. I die every time, no matter what class I am playing.

Good thing is, there are only a few well played marauders, most are like the defeatist original poster, who pretty much just gives up the minute you drop a stun on them.

GG.

Hose Reporting in:

Nearly Full rakata gear, Damage is mediocre at best. thus im in agreement with OP.

I agree with the OP on almost everything but his suggestions on how to fix it. I dont think any of us have the full knowledge of the game to create suggestions like "remove fury".

The only suggestion i make is that we as mara's get a form of a knockback or stun that doesn't cc yourself in the process, and to tweak our damage. The fix they are making for annihilation while deserving, doesn't even tap into whats wrong with the class.

AGAIN were not Broken, we just suck.

take your L2P comments and go back to WoW, none of your critism is helpful or argumentative and you are just merely trolling.

I also highly doubt the people posting L2P even have a marauder or are so bad at this game that every marauder no matter how gimped facerolls them.

i call BS... Marauder damage is some of the if not the highest in the game when played right. However if you do not gear properly (meaning not all raktta gear is good) then you will not perform right.

Marauders have stupid high damage and more utility then any other 2 classes in the game for raiding. Its just a shame that people like this want to lie and be bad and want an iwin button.

i have a 50 sentinel and 2 50 marauders, be happen to screen shot them if you want just to prove to you have them... would like you see how poorly you are geared so post up yours.

i call BS... Marauder damage is some of the if not the highest in the game when played right. However if you do not gear properly (meaning not all raktta gear is good) then you will not perform right.

Marauders have stupid high damage and more utility then any other 2 classes in the game for raiding. Its just a shame that people like this want to lie and be bad and want an iwin button.

i have a 50 sentinel and 2 50 marauders, be happen to screen shot them if you want just to prove to you have them... would like you see how poorly you are geared so post up yours.

you got proof? you got meters? go ahead post them, ill wait.

OH Thats right there is no proof.

Utility is great, if you want to be a fluffer.

You should try a sniper, a bounty hunter, an operative, a sorcerer, and try and see how they compare.

Until then all i see is "im an ignorant baby and i rolled 3 marauders". You want a SS? wait till i get off work...

Edited by Hoseman

that part where you said "in garbage gear"

when you get full champ gear youll be fine

everyone hopes for the old "player skill > gear" situation, but its pretty much unattainable, gear cant be meaningless if it improves your stats (which in turn, improve the strength of your character)

the best that can be done is "given equal gear, the better player will win, aka class balance" which is generally the case in TOR

but bad gear cant ever be balanced vs good gear, or else gear becomes pointless

being in garbage gear in a 50 pvp bracket is like bringing a knife to a gunfight

get yourself a gun and youll be fine

makes sense, thanks

are you ever going to fix this ****** class, even with def buff, i just got owned by 2 strong mobs that where 4 levels lower then me. I didnt even kill one of them. Claiming this game is ment to make you feel epic/heroic, dosnt applay to this class. Proberly the worst class I have ever played in any mmo. I regreat rolling this class, but I have come so far, that i kind of feel like I might as well go to the end. But Im certain, that when im there, i will play a different char. Edited by ibervang

are you ever going to fix this ****** class, even with def buff, i just got owned by 2 strong mobs that where 4 levels lower then me. I didnt even kill one of them. Claiming this game is ment to make you feel epic/heroic, dosnt applay to this class. Proberly the worst class I have ever played in any mmo. I regreat rolling this class, but I have come so far, that i kind of feel like I might as well go to the end. But Im certain, that when im there, i will play a different char.

I lol'd.

lol, 3 marauders, why? Id love to see the screen shots of your marauder and your buddies marauder.

Sents feel fine to me. I am usually the one to get guarded or it's a constant aggro tug of war. Even with guard I pull aggro sometimes.

Rotation is fine and fun. I play Watchman(annihilate). I never feel like it's too much.

There's only a few things I'd ask for:

1) some way that I keep my merciless(annihilate) stack going when I'm forced to vacate melee range or make the stack depreciate when when it timesout (instead of the whole stack dissapearing) or give an ability a chance to reset the force leap cooldown.

2) a way to activate all my equipment usables at once (rakata adrenal, relic, etc)

3) a knockback, we have none

So you admit we need tweaking then say it is a L2P issue... sigh... well no, it's not an L2P issue, it's the fact that I've played multiple classes now and Marauder is just the easiest to deal with, it really is. The class isn't a major threat like it is meant to be... Marauder doesn't stand out in any real way other then our ability to die.

you must have faced some poor sorcerers then because if he is a healer he can just force speed away, it'll over power your slow and the only way to catch up is force charge... but overflow awaits as does a little force slow and you haven't even done any damage against them because they have static barrier up. yeah... I can keep going, I know how sith sorcerer works and the weaknesses you're on about wouldn't work at all against one that knew what even a 1/10th of their class can do.

Sith Sorcerer have plenty of tools, perhaps the ones you're fighting don't know how to use them but that's their failure, not your brilliance which is one of my points in this.

I said it needs tweaking- not an overhaul. The game is still relatively new and you want to change the ENTIRE class. You need to calm your witch hunt.

Also, the sorcerers I play are still the same sorcerers you play. There isn't a B team that comes in and tags the good ones out. I still know how to handle them. If you haven't seen them use their overload, walk up to them. Sure you'll be slowed but just use your defensive cd as you approach- hell even use your stealth. Bet you they will use their overload right when you get up to them, but guess what?!!!!!! you still have force leap because you saved it ::gasp:: Learn to play against different opponents.

Sentinels are an organic class. Its not a static casting class. If you want rotations, play a sorcerer (since you love them so much) or better yet play WoW. Heard they made it real simple over there.

Sentinels are not for everyone. If you don't like them, don't play them. I don't like Bounty Hunters. You don't see me coming up on the forums and complaining about how I hate how clunky they feel. How they don't have enough jet pack things, etc (whatever people complain about). But don't ruin the class because its not to your liking and suggest changing it completely in order for YOU to play better, like it better, or what have you.

I absolutely LOVE this game. Each class has a distinct feel and play style. You know what other "broken class" I play. Sith Assassin. Guess what- I still enjoy it. Just stop stop stop asking for an overhaul of the game when its not even at its 6 month mark. I was on Champions Online before it even started adding new powers and really changing how other ones work and I'm sure WoW was the same. Didn't it take them till Burning Crusade to change the paladin and shaman?

Edited by Cancerianmoth

are you ever going to fix this ****** class, even with def buff, i just got owned by 2 strong mobs that where 4 levels lower then me. I didnt even kill one of them. Claiming this game is ment to make you feel epic/heroic, dosnt applay to this class. Proberly the worst class I have ever played in any mmo. I regreat rolling this class, but I have come so far, that i kind of feel like I might as well go to the end. But Im certain, that when im there, i will play a different char.

L2P or go away. Hey that rhymes!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.