Those calling "worst launch ever", probably never played any other mmo`s at launch

VonZimmerman

Played some of the MMOs out there from closed beta through head start, early access, open beta, whatever, and this far one of the smoothest I have seen.

If they can handle the full load with all pre-orders inside, the 20th and christmas (i know, a really big IF), than this is gonna top even the release of Rift.

Bioware has accepted the challenge, and sofar proven it's word in every possible way, even outdoing it in a lot of things (for example 7 day early access, thanks :) )

Compared to this, I have been to the start of: Anarchy Online, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, and Star Trek Online, all in the top 10 of worst launch ever.

After all those dollars spent on the wrong games, I'm finally excited by the level this game overdid my expectations.

when 40-50% of the population is still waiting to get in. You have problems. Stop trying to suck up. It wont get you any more free bonuses.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of those launches were almost a decade ago,

WaR baring the first couple of hours was almost flawless with everyone with a pre-order having access to the game at once. Mark Jacobs apologised on the forums due to the first couple of hours being a little shaky, but almost everyone was playing within the first few hours and by the end of the first day everything was fine (people were even buying pre-orders, registering them and getting into game instantly).

Aion, had queues, and crowded starting areas, but people fanned out quickly or just entered a different instance of the shard. Again everyone was in and playing in a near faultless launch, you could also go and buy the pre-order, register it and get into early access within minutes.

Rift - Well, the game had a great launch, again people were in and playing, you again had instanced starting zones, within hours people fanning out into the world. The whole pre-order community in at the same time and again you could buy the pre-order, register it and be playing within minutes.

The only problem any of those games had was potentially a wobbly couple of hours, and some crowded servers where people chose not to re-roll to new ones.... SWTOR already has queues on some servers and not everyone is in yet. So not the smoothest of launches, and potentially just kicking the can down the street for queues.

I experienced those releases and agree totally. Aion was a little laggy first zone but you could be out of it in no time.

Played some of the MMOs out there from closed beta through head start, early access, open beta, whatever, and this far one of the smoothest I have seen.

If they can handle the full load with all pre-orders inside, the 20th and christmas (i know, a really big IF), than this is gonna top even the release of Rift.

Bioware has accepted the challenge, and sofar proven it's word in every possible way, even outdoing it in a lot of things (for example 7 day early access, thanks :) )

Compared to this, I have been to the start of: Anarchy Online, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, and Star Trek Online, all in the top 10 of worst launch ever.

After all those dollars spent on the wrong games, I'm finally excited by the level this game overdid my expectations.

Sorry what?

Currently we are over 50 hours queued, how can you compare that to a 10 minute queue?

Never in 20 years of gaming have I waited so long after a release to get in and play.

And for those of you being ********es saying the 20th is the release, its not, the game is out now and has been for days.

exacly this is the problem.

Look, it may technically be launch, because they're just that many people , who preordered within Week 1.

But in reality, its early assess. And im sure quality would have suffered substantially, if they let everyone in at ones, as it is only serviceable at the moment.

Bioware said from the beginning, they wanted a stable launch, even going so far as to exclude half a world of potential customers. So how does the current situation surprise anybody?

Edited by SimplyCooL

First off, there is not a 2 day 3 day etc que...are you logged in, sitting at a server que? lol

Second off, it was stated when early access information was released that it would be UP TO 5 days.

They never stated you would all have 5 days early access. Its UP TO 5 days. Get that

into your heads.

None of you were complaining when the early access was unveiled. And i've

read all these other posts about " oh only the people having money were able to pre-order

early" etc etc.

Look...i paid 25 dollars at gamestop to reserve my CE and got my pre order code

first day. Its a whole 5 dollars for the normal copy to reserve if you can't afford 5 dollars to

pre order then you have bigger problems don't you.

And the people that pre ordered early and just didn't put your code in..really?! you're gonna complain lol go look in the mirror and blame yourself.

Questions Comments Concerns?

If you only let 40% off all preodres to play ofc..

ONLY one day early access for people that preorded in dec makes me feel like the was no reason to preodre at all. I should just waited..

They lured alot off people to saying that peordes will get 5 days early access.. That makes people angry and frustraded..

They never is. |Your not paying more by pre-ordering./ So unless, you were absolutely starved to play early, you would not preoder. And if you were, why didnt you do it before November.

Big part of community is always and always will be thankless even if they would get whatever for free. People will alway complain about everything.

Personally I think it's going great. I'm patiently waiting for my EGA and in the meantime I'm studying professions, classes, companions and other aspects of the game to be prepared for my moment.

I would like to wish Bioware to keep the great work going and ignore these chronic complainers...

This launch has gone damn smooth.

Just because your not getting your SWTOR fix fast enough does not mean this launch has gone bad.

All i have to say is "Star Wars Galaxies", If you played that at launch you can only laugh at the "worst launch" comments / threads.

Not to mention, Asherons Call 2 (they actually closed the forums for a while to stop the folks from yelling that they should not release the game), Anarchy Online (so much lag it made the game unplayable except for 50 miles outside of the big cities), and others i don't remember.

Ive played AoC, Aion, Ao, Ac1, Ac2, Coh, Cov, Daoc, DA, Dcuo, D&Do, E&B, Eve, Eq1, Eq2, GW1, Lotro, Pobs, Rag, Swg, UO, Warh, and Wow, and this has been the smoothest Beta, and Launch ive ever seen in a mmo.

The latest final fantasy mmo launch still gives me nightmares...

This launch is alright.

oh and btw, we have the 15th already here and it is nearly half done again.

where is the company, beside some european moderators that dont have anything to do with launch and invites at all ?

who is just working where on what ?

pre-realese is not the realese. use you're brain.

Strange then that even B/A are calling it a launch then isn't it. I think what you mean it isnt the official street launch but it is still a launch.

If it really isn't a launch of course, then when the servers go down for maintainance on the 19th before the official launch, you won't have a problem with them setting everyone back to level 1 and stripping their assets they have managed to accumulate.

Edited by Lady_Femke

The only thing i have against this way of this launching was the lack of information. If they mailed me to say your EGA will start at whatever day it be i would have been fine with that.

But to have you waiting for like 3 - 4 days with nothing then no its not been good.

Aion, had queues, and crowded starting areas, but people fanned out quickly or just entered a different instance of the shard. Again everyone was in and playing in a near faultless launch, you could also go and buy the pre-order, register it and get into early access within minutes.

For europeans the start of Aion was the worst launch ever. There was so much queue for the original five servers that the max limit queue of 2k was broken....forcing you to queue to hit the queue. Once the maxlimit was removed, you suffered a 3.5k queue during primetime. The queue disappeared after three weeks, simply because 75% of the players realized the game was a pile of dung.

Pre-ordered Nov. 12. Not complaining. They said UP TO 5 days. They then increased EGA to 7 days. As of yesterday, Day 2 of EGA, they have people who pre-ordered Oct. 2 playing. And plan for last week of Nov. by Wave 4 today.

So all you Dec. people who are crying you are looking at getting in Friday, Saturday at the latest. Thats 3-4 days of EGA. You should be happy you are getting that much, as it is what they said you could possibly get. And if they didn't bump up EGA to 7 days. You would get 1 day maybe.

Just be patient like the rest of us. Watch a movie, I prefer the dirty ones with 2 hour breaks.

I've always hated queues after I logged in. Why even play, when you have to wait an hour? Even though you can walk away from the screen, you will have to check regularly, because queues often go faster or slower than the time estimated.

This is much better . I got a mail when I can start to play and I can log in immediately. Also the fact that who ordered first comes first is very appealing to me.

Pre-ordered Nov. 12. Not complaining. They said UP TO 5 days. They then increased EGA to 7 days. As of yesterday, Day 2 of EGA, they have people who pre-ordered Oct. 2 playing. And plan for last week of Nov. by Wave 4 today.

So all you Dec. people who are crying you are looking at getting in Friday, Saturday at the latest. Thats 3-4 days of EGA. You should be happy you are getting that much, as it is what they said you could possibly get. And if they didn't bump up EGA to 7 days. You would get 1 day maybe.

Just be patient like the rest of us. Watch a movie, I prefer the dirty ones with 2 hour breaks.

Not sure, but i think the biggest complaint isn't the number of days. Its the fact people have already started the game.

I've always hated queues after I logged in. Why even play, when you have to wait an hour? Even though you can walk away from the screen, you will have to check regularly, because queues often go faster or slower than the time estimated.

This is much better . I got a mail when I can start to play and I can log in immediately. Also the fact that who ordered first comes first is very appealing to me.

I also hate Queses i have been in one for over 2 days.

Not sure, but i think the biggest complaint isn't the number of days. Its the fact people have already started the game.

How can it be a valid complaint with they said UP TO 5 days, also stated that you will get early access depending on when you redeemed your code?

Edited by Herbalist

This launch has gone damn smooth.

Just because your not getting your SWTOR fix fast enough does not mean this launch has gone bad.

All i have to say is "Star Wars Galaxies", If you played that at launch you can only laugh at the "worst launch" comments / threads.

Not to mention, Asherons Call 2 (they actually closed the forums for a while to stop the folks from yelling that they should not release the game), Anarchy Online (so much lag it made the game unplayable except for 50 miles outside of the big cities), and others i don't remember.

Ive played AoC, Aion, Ao, Ac1, Ac2, Coh, Cov, Daoc, DA, Dcuo, D&Do, E&B, Eve, Eq1, Eq2, GW1, Lotro, Pobs, Rag, Swg, UO, Warh, and Wow, and this has been the smoothest Beta, and Launch ive ever seen in a mmo.

Dont even say that SWG launch... nightmares are getting back in my dreams. By the way today is the closeing day of SWG service...

None of you were guarenteed 7 days of early access, not even the full 5 days. When pre-ordering it was perfectly clear that you had a chance to get "UP TO 5 DAYS" the last 2 days weren't even a part of the pre-order offer, so why are you all complaining? I don't understand. Sure, I want to play really badly too, but I am not going to fault the company for trying to do thier launch the way they chose to do it. Not fair to thier customers? really? Looks to me like they started 2 days earlier than they had planned to allow the late comers more early release time. That should prove everything. If it really bothers you people that much, cancel your order and go play something else, because bashing a company that you gave 60 bucks to, and are going to pay monthly to just makes you people look stupid. Bioware, EA you suck..... ok take my money.... that sounds insane if you ask me.

when 40-50% of the population is still waiting to get in. You have problems. Stop trying to suck up. It wont get you any more free bonuses.

When 40-50% of the population is waiting to get in on the few servers (5-10 out of the hundred?) that are already full ,and have queues, and dont roll on the servers that are low all day long, then they have problems.

If you don't see that 90% of the 50% that is already in, doesn't have any kind of problem, and call names, then you have a problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.