5 days early acces versus 7 days early access.

mynimoe

Doing us a favor we the consumers when we buy there products its doing eachother a favor dont stress preorders if the preorders gonna be 1-2 day before it comes out. What if we get in with the ones who dint preorder we gonna feel like the have been fooled

I would expect some sort of compensation at that point. BioWare would have effectively committed false advertisement if I didnt at least get some early access. It's looking like this will not be the case though so fortunately we do not have to worry about this.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad they're doing waves, and no I'm not in yet. I'll be in tomorrow. well in a few hours now... I remember the WOW launch, I remember the eq launch and swg launch too for that matter, but the wow launch was the first really big one and it was awful... I actully didn't play for a week because the amount of ppl in game made for a displeasurable experience. I'm glad when I get in, there's gonna bea buffer so I'm not fighting 5000 ppl for quest mobs

in Aion is several measurements. This allowed to avoid problems with the lack of quest mobc ect.

oh come now. Lets be realistic. You even admitted that their preorders whould have suffered if they didnt have the 5 days early access. You're backtracking by stating that I think I am "most people" now when you even said the same thing yourself. You and I both know that this is a big factor on whether or not some people preordered.

And I do agree that as you say, the added perks to pre-orders are indeed a big factor on whether "some" people pre-ordered, but not "all" or "most" people like you've been claiming in your previous posts. That's what I've been saying from the start, but obviously since I'm now backtracking according to you I must've been saying something completely different the whole time

Oh, and I never claimed that you thought you were most people, I said you assume to know what most people are thinking.

Edited by VariableEntity

I realize that those who preordered are going to be getting most likely 4 days early access. This is exactly what BioWare said may happen with there "Up to 5 days" bit. But what about those players who are getting 7 days as opposed to the 4 and 5 days.

My question is. Do you think it's fair that some people are getting 2 extra days of early access? Do you think it would be fair if they reset everyone whenever everyone who preordered has access? This is strictly an opinion question. No negative comments please.

I dont think it's anyless unfair than if someone bought the game a month from now and would be facing a server full of 50's the ega make no difference what so ever to how it will effect you with people being a higher level.

So in my eyes no 7 days or 1 day make no difference to me. If people wanted 7days then they should of pre-orderd alot sooner, it was stated the earlier you pre-orderd the more time you would get, I really dont see why people are making so many threads about it being unfair when it was there in black and white.

We've all been waiting the same amount of time. Just because you preordered before me it doesnt mean I havent been aware of, and anticipating the game as long as you have. BioWare in my opinion is essentially saying "You didnt have faith in us so this is us telling you what's what".

I think you're missing the whole point. They're doing the wave approach to guarantee server stability. The information regarding this approach and the first come first serve policy were released to everyone at the same time, so everyone has had the same opportunity. To complain about something as insignificant as this is rather juvenile, not to mention egocentric.

You had the same opportunity as everyone else, you didn't activate your preorder code as early as some people, you don't get to play as early as those few. Many people waited for hours to guarantee an earliest possible activation of their codes, they made a conscious choice to do so. Some people didn't, again a conscious choice with full awareness of the consequences. Nothing unfair about that, and if you think otherwise, you just clearly have way too much emotion invested in this. It's just a game.

No, I came in here saying you're whining about a game. And a couple days in a game at that. You're parents must be proud you use your energy so effectively.

This is simply an opinion thread. I am sorry if you view my opinion as complaining because that certainly isnt the case. I am just an avatar of fairness and equality.

I realize that those who preordered are going to be getting most likely 4 days early access. This is exactly what BioWare said may happen with there "Up to 5 days" bit. But what about those players who are getting 7 days as opposed to the 4 and 5 days.

My question is. Do you think it's fair that some people are getting 2 extra days of early access? Do you think it would be fair if they reset everyone whenever everyone who preordered has access? This is strictly an opinion question. No negative comments please.

I hate to jump on the bandwagon here and I am not really trying to whine as I got a few months in as a beta tester. I am just trying to understand Bioware's logic on this.

First let me say that as to fairness issue I do not feel the slightest bit treated unfairly that I am only going to get 5 days EA vice 7. However, I have zero intent on ever playing PVP, so that is no big deal to me.

After getting stuck in 6 hour queues during the stress beta weekend test, at first the staggered access made sense as I figured they were trying to avoid this type of thing. However yesterday they posted the below on the "waves" sticky. If they have zero intent on trying to avoid queues then why stagger the access?

Though perhaps this is still their way of still trying to work out how much traffic each server can handle and how many servers they are going to need? If so it makes some sense and we should appreciate their effort. We just don't know though.

You'll see more servers coming online tomorrow, and almost certainly there will be some queuing. That was always expected. As a reminder, our plan here is to maintain healthy server populations post launch, and during the excitement of launch that will mean queues. That said, we'll be working hard to keep those queues reasonable.

We'll check back in tomorrow with another update.

Edited by onstorm

To all the "avoid pvp servers you will be ganked by high lvl!" people.

If your on a pvp server you will be ganked, no matter if you get in on day 1 or 7. the only diffrence will be if your gonna be ganked by 2 or more player at your lvl or 1 high lvl.

Pvp servers will always have gankers, anyone that plays on pvp servers should not whine about it :p

And i see no problem with this launch. BW is awarding the players that had faith in the game and preordered it early, why is that a problem? Personally i didnt preorder befor 30 nov, wich means im probally not getting in untill tomorrow, and im fine with that. :)

Edit: i will be playing on a pvp server, and im looking forward to it :) i enjoy being on my toes cause a ganker might be around the corner. And i can always make a list of the people that will feel my wrath in lvl 50! mwahahahaa :D

Edited by Mifflaff

I think you're missing the whole point. They're doing the wave approach to guarantee server stability. The information regarding this approach and the first come first serve policy were released to everyone at the same time, so everyone has had the same opportunity. To complain about something as insignificant as this is rather juvenile, not to mention egocentric.

You had the same opportunity as everyone else, you didn't activate your preorder code as early as some people, you don't get to play as early as those few. Many people waited for hours to guarantee an earliest possible activation of their codes, they made a conscious choice to do so. Some people didn't, again a conscious choice with full awareness of the consequences. Nothing unfair about that, and if you think otherwise, you just clearly have way too much emotion invested in this. It's just a game.

Why come in here throwing insults. I have neither attacked nor insulted anyone who preordered before me. And I guess standing up for what you believe in (in this case fairness and equality) is a crime and punishable under threat of being labled a "complainer" if thats the case then I'll gladly bare the title.

If you take a step back and look at the whole picture then it doesent really matter.

In a month it wont matter if you started 2 days of even 7 days before everyone else.

This whole thing is being blown out of proportion.

People have waited years. Im sure a few more days wont kill anyone.

"I made a reservation at the same restaurant as you buddy."

Yes, but they do not sit the resos all at the same time. It still a first come first served basis.

BW made it painfully clear, the sooner you preorder(pay), the better your place in the EGA.

IF you wanted to be first in line, you should have bought it july21.

I don't understand why people think the process is unfair. BW is a private company and if they want to stagger the launch of their product they can. If they want to reward the people that lined up early on the 20th july outside stores, or stayed up late to order online, it is

their perogative.

And since when were mmo's fair?

I am against the lack of communication though. BioWare knew exactly how many pre-orders they had. Exactly how many they were letting in, and the dates of those.

While I agree with this, they have said, quite correctly, that this information is compartmentalized, and will remain an internal company affair, not public. This is likely to prevent any early knowledge from getting into competitor's hands, prior to public earnings statements being issued.

As a side note, a common misconception that I see being thrown around a lot, is the idea that anyone was EVER promised 5 days of EGA. What was promised was "UP TO 5 days", which takes on completely new meanings.

What I would like BW to do is just to send us our emails the night before, so that we know when we are getting in. But I imagine that this practice would have an adverse effect of having however many people that are in the queue for that wave jumping into the login server exactly at the same time, which is exactly what is in the process of being avoided.

As for the fairness, I did post earlier, but I feel that the only place that this will really have a MASSIVE impact is in PVP play. And, while I see that as VERY unfortunate for them, they will have the option, like any other group of players, to create a new character on a newly opened server, where they can try to level with the power-levellers and people that are racing to the top.

Open communication from BioWare about this issue is tricky and finicky, considering all the internal policies around this form of subject, as well as the desire to communicate clearly, without leaving the raging people any room to misinterpret what is being said and spread misinformation that could, conceivably, cost the company money in the long term.

However, communication from the developer is a big thing for me, and has made and broken games for me in the past. Given BW's past with games, I, for one, will not allow what I see as a slip up to ruin this game or any of their games for me, though it will always be there in the back of my mind.

Ermm... /novel?

This is simply an opinion thread. I am sorry if you view my opinion as complaining because that certainly isnt the case. I am just an avatar of fairness and equality.

And if you would have gotten in on day one, do you still have the same opinion of reseting the servers? Or that you shouldn't have been able to play a day or two before someone else when up to five days obviously means a staggered launch?

"I made a reservation at the same restaurant as you buddy."

Yes, but they do not sit the resos all at the same time. It still a first come first served basis.

BW made it painfully clear, the sooner you preorder(pay), the better your place in the EGA.

IF you wanted to be first in line, you should have bought it july21.

I don't understand why people think the process is unfair. BW is a private company and if they want to stagger the launch of their product they can. If they want to reward the people that lined up early on the 20th july outside stores, or stayed up late to order online, it is

their perogative.

And since when were mmo's fair?

I think the main issue has been the lack of communication. However SR said today that those who preordered in december most likely wont get in until friday. I have a sense of closure on that issue now. My question is do you think its fair that some people are getting 7 days instead of 5?

First thing is , noone payed for the EGA, we all payed for the game and 1 month play time.

Secondly, those of you thinking that you payed the same amount of money with someone that had preordered in july, you havent actually.

You might think , hey i payed 60$ and they have payed the same. But you would be wrong. What really happend was you payed in Dec 60$ and they payed 60$ in july. They payed for it 5 months earlier.

Thats 5 months that you can invest the money to make more. Lets say %2 per month, you get return investment for easy calculation. That makes %10 in 5 months. Which means they actually payed 66$ for the game, while you only payed %60.

Its called oportunity cost, by giving money earlier you are also givin the money you could have made with it.

And if you think from company point of view, lets say 500 000 people did preorder in july instead of dec, that would make 3 000 000 $ more money for the company.

I don't think there's a problem with how they did it, or how its anywhere near unfair. I mean, really, if the game is out a month and someone FINALLY got the money to buy it, they'd be behind in pvp servers as well. They get through it. Someone who has to work all day and can't get on the first day a game comes out. There will always be people high in levels able to kill them. There's no difference - especially if at some point you make an alt because then there's a ton that can kill you. Sure, you can argue you can get on your higher level and kill them, but what if they run away and come back later and do the same thing? Are you going to ***** that its unfair they got to play it day one and you had to work? No.

That's just my two cents.

And if you would have gotten in on day one, do you still have the same opinion of reseting the servers? Or that you shouldn't have been able to play a day or two before someone else when up to five days obviously means a staggered launch?

I would have seen it as fair so I wouldnt have had an issue with it. It makes total sense to me. Everyone starts off at the same time, the same level, the same stats, the same items (excluding preorder and CE items). It would be like a dream come true.

Edited by mynimoe

You know, what really bothers me about this whole situation is how many ticked off people there are already, and how much negativity there is. The game hasnt even launched and people are talking about leaving. I for one, don't care when I get in, provided there are some fresh servers for that wave. What I'm not looking forward to, is when servers start merging and shutting down because people were unhappy and left. I've seen a few good MMOs shut down because of a poor job by the devs. Dont wanna see this game go down that road.

I can't see how anyone can be happy/fine with a situation like this. Unhappy customers aren't good for any of us. Granted, there will always be a few that you cannot please, but I dont think this is a case of that. There seem to be a lot of angry people right now.

I wont sit here and say Bioware lied about anything, but the "Up to 5 days" thing does seem to be a little sketchy.

Sketchy is not the way I had hoped Bioware would kick this game off.

Edited by Posttrauma

and why just do we here are discussing the integrity? No purpose to speak on this theme. Simply close the site and only check e-mail. When invation, then invation.

Our words are all exactly solve nothing

Please tell me that you are not a native english speaker.