5 days early acces versus 7 days early access.

mynimoe

I realize that those who preordered are going to be getting most likely 4 days early access. This is exactly what BioWare said may happen with there "Up to 5 days" bit. But what about those players who are getting 7 days as opposed to the 4 and 5 days.

My question is. Do you think it's fair that some people are getting 2 extra days of early access? Do you think it would be fair if they reset everyone whenever everyone who preordered has access? This is strictly an opinion question. No negative comments please.

It was in the "extra features" for digital preorder customers, I remember reading about it.

I honestly don't know where the "5 days" part is coming from. It is, was, and always has been a possible 7 days of early access.

Actually, upon second thought, I believe CE and DDE preorders were to recieve up to 7 days, and DSE preorders were to recieve up 5 days.

The following is straight from the current "Early Access" description on the preorder page.

Early Game Access

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011, seven days prior to the official launch. Starting December 13, 2011, invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox tied to your Star Wars: The Old Republic™ account!

To see if you are eligible to log in to the game for Early Game Access, log in to swtor.com and visit My Account > > Pre-Order.

As for whether it is fair or not, I believe it is completely fair. If you want in on the Early Access deal, then you place your preorder and pay the extra $5. If you wanted a chance at 7 days instead of just 5, than you buckle down and pay an extra $15-$90 for either the DDE or CE. And you do it early, ideally as soon as possible after the announcement for preorders has been made.

The whole Early Access program, and its tiered invite process, was a ploy to get customers to place preoders immediately, rather than waiting until the last minute. It encouraged proactivism.

To those whining about not getting in and raging that it is no fair: It's your fault that you aren't playing yet. You should have registered and placed a preorder sooner.

That's all there is to it.

P.S. BioWare did not promise to give EVERY customer a full five days of early time. It is up to 5 days. I've seen this everywhere on the forums, and I'm not sure whether people are getting it or not. People need to understand this.

EDIT: Didn't read the second question you posed.

No, It would be stupid to wipe characters before the 20th. That defeats the entire purpose of having early access. That, would be unfair to those who paid the extra money for the higher additions and placed their preorders early on.

Edited by BlackMaximus

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Words fail me..... Ok so I must redefine the term reward. Its what I get when I buy some thing. so erase the term transaction and replace with reward.

Just one thing when I go to pay my gas bill should I be grateful to them as I hand over my money? I would hate to appear selfish

If you go to the store to buy 5 pieces of bread, and there are 50 other people in line to also buy the same 5 pieces of bread. Do you find it unfair to not get first in line then too?

Are we beating on this horse again?! Let me ask you a question, do you go to the management at Walmart and complain when you have to stand in line to check out? What about those people who checked out 15 minutes before you? OMG, they get home before you do, it's just not fair! Oh, the humanity!

Words fail me..... Ok so I must redefine the term reward. Its what I get when I buy some thing. so erase the term transaction and replace with reward.

Just one thing when I go to pay my gas bill should I be grateful to them as I hand over my money? I would hate to appear selfish

Logic and reason fails you as well. when you go to pay your gas bill. Is there a line? Just because you're there to complete a transaction (like everyone else before you) you're somehow entitled to jump ahead of them?

Besides bad anology...this game is not a necessity. No gas or electric company Is going to reward you for paying what's owed.

Absolutely true that no specific number of early access was guaranteed when we pre-ordered. Also true that the "first come, first served" plan was quite clear. It is also true, however, that as I wait and wait and wait, it all leaves me a bit dissatisfied with the process...despite knowing it would likely be this way. My "rational" side understands, but the other 90% of me :eek: rails at what "feels" like a grave injustice. Gaming, in general, has often robbed me of rationality and perspective. :mad: This is my first posting, ever, by the way...be gentle. :rolleyes:

It's fair, as far as an mmo will ever be fair. People are always joining, so there will always be level gaps in an mmo. Secondly, it was first come first serve. Lastly, people who have no lives and play for 36-44 hours straight, or 12 hours a day for weeks on end will always have an advantage over others. It's the nature of the beast. The 1-3 days advantage that someone is hardly relevant in the world of an mmo, where people a year later will have a year head start on other people.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.