5 days early acces versus 7 days early access.

mynimoe

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly, first come first serve is for people who will kill someone for food cause they are so poor. we all are paying for the game we should all have the same access despite if i paid more than you, you should not get in early just cause u preordered earlier.

I was withholding my purchase until i tested which unfortunately was not until very late. I knew i was going to buy it but i was unaware that early pre orders got in faster as i thought was ridiculous.

there shouldnt be much server strain letting more people in faster. its 2011. not 1002. they are just being overly cautious imo. look at the servers now they arent even full. some are but theres still plenty of room if they werent taking it as a 9 to 5 which kindof worries me a bit since mmos are a 24/7 business..

they did good letting the people in when they were working but for some of us this is more than just a 9 to 5 hobby. thats why i'm up even though i wont probably get the first wave of emails. i waited until nov 28 to order.

they are just creating allbeit unintentionally afiak a kindof gaming heirarchy where they are rewarding people some of which dont even use their early access as it was a present or someone else purchased it for them and they couldnt care less, in this case, i would be 100% sure i would make a better customer for bioware because i'm 100% dedicated.

pre order date means nothing, theres so many unknowns and variables as to who "deserves" it. everyone always thinks its them, but i would harm someone if i could get in early and not get in trouble for it.

i have no problem comprimisng any value system i have to play this game. untill them i will make the forum mods jobs hell until i get my email. thats the price you pay for showing favortism.

some of us procrastinate that doesnt mean we are any less deserving. they were just looking for an excuse to have an easy launch and this was conveneient. most people that are going to play on day 1 are the people already playing. dedicated people afiak just dont go to gamestop and buy it, if they do they either arent a fan or an idiot.

2 days is a lot to me, maybee not to you but in my weekend thats 20 levels. so yeah, prime farming with no competition for quest mobs is of utmost importance and 2 days is a lot in that regard.

i mean they pushed back the release so often i never knew when it was solid. or if i was going to sit on my pre order for a year for it to get pushed back again

and the ridiculous thing is 5$ pre order fee is just going straigh to their pockets for no reason, i've never paid that and it not go directly towards the game purchase. they were just like "oh give us 5$ more what the hell". that irritates me, its only 5 bucks but still.. i coulda bought an authenticator btw which account security they shouldnt make you pay extra for. 15$ a month is more than enough to keep my account safe granted i'm not an idiot compromising it.

i've seen a few irritants and yellow flags nothing serious that cant be worked out.

they should not wipe the early access ppl thats just insane theres no point in it if they do.

i understand your position. But! If price of pre-order a little high, it's mean what this several days sold but not yet granted as a gift. So do e-turn sharp turn from living people? The sharp shortage of space on the servers? Had had to think about selling pre-order on one of the most popular of the universes of the world. I think so.

and sry for my english.

Excuse me sir but what are the reasons for preordering? The only reason people would preorder is to have a guaranteed copy on release day...I assure you that there would have been significantly less preorders if there werent any perks.

You answered you own question right there in your post. That's why I pre-ordered this game, and that's why I pre-order every other game that I really want. Sure, the added perks are there to get more people to pre-order, but it's not the reason why everybody pre-orders a game as you're claiming. Big difference.

True, but you failed to answer why a opposing opinion = trolling

It's not the issue of opposing opinion...its about how it's said. You can simply say "I disagree with you" and then state your case. You DONT have to be rude about it. The people who I claim are trolling are those who claim I am complaining, whining, etc.

Neither one of you apparently read the OP. This whole thread is about whether its right that some people are getting 2 days more than the original 5 days. Please learn2read.

ive read all your replys actually your just not reading what arguements people are putting back only seeing what you want to see.

I realize that those who preordered are going to be getting most likely 4 days early access. This is exactly what BioWare said may happen with there "Up to 5 days" bit. But what about those players who are getting 7 days as opposed to the 4 and 5 days.

My question is. Do you think it's fair that some people are getting 2 extra days of early access? Do you think it would be fair if they reset everyone whenever everyone who preordered has access? This is strictly an opinion question. No negative comments please.

I am not so sure you would have posted this if you was one of the lucky one's to get in from day one.

Having said that no i don't think they should reset why should they, just because they had the foresight to order before those that are still waiting.

If you and I go into a cake shop and you get the last piece of pie I have to wait for mine to be made.

Why would you come in here and chastise us when you're obviously already playing. This is just the epitomy of the truth right here. The people who are already playing are the ones who are complaining about us "complainers.

So basically all you want to reply are people who share your point of view of hate and discontent towards the people who ordered earlier than the people who haven't got in? What kind of point would that make? And my point was being that your 4 or 5 days may end up being longer than my 7 days because it seems like the majority here do not have jobs or else they wouldn't be wasting 7 days staring at their computer waiting for an email.

You answered you own question right there in your post. That's why I pre-ordered this game, and that's why I pre-order every other game that I really want. Sure, the added perks are there to get more people to pre-order, but it's not the reason why everybody pre-orders a game as you're claiming. Big difference.

While that may be the case for you. I don't think its the case for most people. My decision to preorder is of course to get a guaranteed copy but I also look all the perks that come along with it. If it seems like it isnt worth my time...I wait.

I am not so sure you would have posted this if you was one of the lucky one's to get in from day one.

Having said that no i don't think they should reset why should they, just because they had the foresight to order before those that are still waiting.

If you and I go into a cake shop and you get the last piece of pie I have to wait for mine to be made.

sadly that's the way we humans are. we are aware of the problem only when it affect us.:)

Why would you come in here and chastise us when you're obviously already playing. This is just the epitomy of the truth right here. The people who are already playing are the ones who are complaining about us "complainers.

So basically all you want to reply are people who share your point of view of hate and discontent towards the people who ordered earlier than the people who haven't got in? What kind of point would that make? And my point was being that your 4 or 5 days may end up being longer than my 7 days because it seems like the majority here do not have jobs or else they wouldn't be wasting 7 days staring at their computer waiting for an email.

It doesnt matter either way. My OP asked for an opinion. Whether you think it's right that some people are getting 2 extra days. And you have failed to answer that...you only came in here blasting about how we dont have jobs and that you got in on the first day.

While that may be the case for you. I don't think its the case for most people. My decision to preorder is of course to get a guaranteed copy but I also look all the perks that come along with it. If it seems like it isnt worth my time...I wait.

Again, where do you get the stats to back your claims that your way of thinking applies to "most people"? Unless you can back this up your arguments remain baseless.

Edited by VariableEntity

I still would have made this post. I don't think its right to exclude others especially if they are bringing you business. Although I do admit I would most likely be happily playing the game right now.

all we can do is wait, and hope that by the time we get in, there will be new servers for us to start at the same time as everyone else.

if not, then we have 2 alternatives , close our eyes and pretend all is great and the sky is all nice and blue. or just cancel all together, play skyrim and wait for GW2.:)

I usually don't get my food first at McDonalds...or back a few years ago when I ate there on occasion. Apparently Chicken takes longer.

Anyway, that would be a decent comparison but it's a bit different because McDonalds only takes one order at a time.

BioWare took hundreds of thousands of orders. All at once. There was no line to place the order, only a line to recieve.

I'm not against staggering the entry. It has probably helped a lot of launch day issues.

I am against the lack of communication though. BioWare knew exactly how many pre-orders they had. Exactly how many they were letting in, and the dates of those.

Instead of saying something, sooner, they are silent. Leaving people hanging is bad, always. Even if they couldn't say when a group would get into the game, they could have said who HAD been let into the game. This would give people a better idea of when they could expect to get in.

Instead, they anger the mob...the forums have been pretty useless so far because the threads are all the same.

Again, where do you get the stats to back your claims that your way of thinking applies to "most people"? Unless you can back this up your arguments remain baseless.

oh come now. Lets be realistic. You even admitted that their preorders whould have suffered if they didnt have the 5 days early access. You're backtracking by stating that I think I am "most people" now when you even said the same thing yourself. You and I both know that this is a big factor on whether or not some people preordered.

Neither one of you apparently read the OP. This whole thread is about whether its right that some people are getting 2 days more than the original 5 days. Please learn2read.

You're just pissed because we aren't telling you what you want to hear. I preordered on December 1st, didn't get my code until the 6th. I think people who preordered on Day 1, Hour 1 should play the game before me. I was stupid and put it off for way too long, it's the way the world works. Do I want to play? YES! Have the last two days been agonizing? ABSolutely (someone has to get that joke). Am I taking to the forums making ridiculous demands because of it? Nope.

Why would you come in here and chastise us when you're obviously already playing. This is just the epitomy of the truth right here. The people who are already playing are the ones who are complaining about us "complainers."

Nope, I'm not playing yet, and I think you guys (the complainers in general) should just get over it. 2 days, 3 days, 10 days, in 30 days no one will care and everyone who wants to be 50 will have got there.

Some people on here need to realise that life isn't fair. Some things like (as mentioned earlier) gay marriage, or poverty are worth fighting for. 2 days early access to a game probably isn't one of them. The sooner you accept that life isn't fair the happier you will be.

I'm glad they're doing waves, and no I'm not in yet. I'll be in tomorrow. well in a few hours now... I remember the WOW launch, I remember the eq launch and swg launch too for that matter, but the wow launch was the first really big one and it was awful... I actully didn't play for a week because the amount of ppl in game made for a displeasurable experience. I'm glad when I get in, there's gonna bea buffer so I'm not fighting 5000 ppl for quest mobs

Well I am a firm believer in fairness whenever it comes to products that are available to the masses....even if BW is doing us a favor buy letting us play early it just doesnt feel right to me that people are going to have an advantage over others.

Doing us a favor we the consumers when we buy there products its doing eachother a favor dont stress preorders if the preorders gonna be 1-2 day before it comes out. What if we get in with the ones who dint preorder we gonna feel like the have been fooled

You're just pissed because we aren't telling you what you want to hear. I preordered on December 1st, didn't get my code until the 6th. I think people who preordered on Day 1, Hour 1 should play the game before me. I was stupid and put it off for way too long, it's the way the world works. Do I want to play? YES! Have the last two days been agonizing? ABSolutely (someone has to get that joke). Am I taking to the forums making ridiculous demands because of it? Nope.

First off, It's cool that you disagree. Secondly, When did I ever say that I was pissed? Thirdly, I disagree that people who preordered before me should have more game play time. Is my money not as good as theirs? (like it or not we did infact have to at least pay something to be eligible). And lastly, clever pun :)

Quit sucking up for early access lol

It doesnt matter either way. My OP asked for an opinion. Whether you think it's right that some people are getting 2 extra days. And you have failed to answer that...you only came in here blasting about how we dont have jobs and that you got in on the first day.

No, I came in here saying you're whining about a game. And a couple days in a game at that. You're parents must be proud you use your energy so effectively.

If i understood this correctly, some one said that the guys who bought the pre-order first in line, saw this coming. And thats alot of bull****. How many has ever seen this new "wave-system". Theres no way of knowing what happens in the future, so all people do like they have done in the past, buying it when they have the time, money and decided its really worth it. Thats different for all people and they should not get punished the last day before launch. Big mistake by BioWare but im pretty sure they have learned their error by now.