The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I can't take the pointless travelling between planets...

ShonaChaos

I personally would LOVE it if all loading were hidden with small cutscenes. But people whined like kicked dogs in ME1 w/ the elevator rides.
Well, you need to load the cutscenes as well... I'm not sure that would work, particularly on the computers which just have the minimal requirements.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corscant = No station

Dromund Kass = No Station

Taris = No station

Balmora = No station

Nar Shadda = No station

Tatooine = No station

Alderaan = No station

Belsavis = No station

Hoth = No station

Now that I've completely destroyed your statement, please go away.

So I just travelled to taris

airlock - station - ground.

Maybe it's different for republic? I don't care.

Can *you* go away now?

Corscant = No station

Taris = No station

Balmora = No station

Nar Shadda = No station

Tatooine = No station

Alderaan = No station

Belsavis = No station

Hoth = No station

I don't know if we are playng the same game.

There is a station on Hoth. There is a agent in there who gives you a thing against the cold.

There is a station on Taris.

There is a station on Belsavis, that's where you start the planet quest line.

I just have a problem with the excessive loading screens every time you zone. I mean come on is there no way for the game to load faster on a high end pc? And my game shows both loading screens the one with the bar on the bottom and the default SWTOR screen and it just flashes between the 2 so irritating.

I enjoy realism as much as the next guy, but if we're really travelling between planets it probably takes light years. Are you really going to sit at your computer for the next 3000 years waiting to arrive on the next planet? No, of course not.

If given the option to fast-travel between planets or do the whole orbital station/airlock/hangar crap, which are you going to choose? I don't think anyone actually 'likes' it, they just tolerate it because they have to.

Lol 3000 years? It would take MUCH MUCH MUCH longer to even reach the nearest system XD we are talking in the hundred thousands.

The solution is simple: go play a FPS. You obviously have no interest in the immersion the travel system provides, which is important to those of us who actually care about RP elements in the game.

Is whatever you're doing so tremendously important that you cant take the time to use your ship and need to insta port all over the universe in a completely unrealistic way?

I just don't get why people who are only concerned with completing tasks as fast as possible like little robots even play MMOPRGs to begin with.

I wouldnt mind the very drawn out travel system if I didnt have to have a load screen coming in and out of my ship.

Thats whats taking the longest. It definitely needs to be trimmed up a bit. Going from your ship to the plant is a pain, why not just make your ship the travel hub, instead of having to load the ship, pick a place on the map, leave ship, hallway, elevator, orb station, elevator, walk some more. Its drawn out, you cant argue that its not.

Ship to planet...thats all it needs to be. Want to go somewhere...jump no my ship and go there.

People arent crying about having to travel, its the unnecessary filler we have to deal with. in between.

So I just travelled to taris

airlock - station - ground.

Maybe it's different for republic? I don't care.

Can *you* go away now?

*sigh*

Orbital station. There isn't one. On any planet except Hutta, Ord Mantell, Tython and Korriban. Yet the OP was complaining as if they existed on every planet.

Know what you're arguing about before posting. Orbital station =/= Spaceport.

*sigh*

Orbital station. There isn't one. On any planet except Hutta, Ord Mantell, Tython and Korriban. Yet the OP was complaining as if they existed on every planet.

Know what you're arguing about before posting. Orbital station =/= Spaceport.

That's not what you were saying one page ago, listing so many planets and claiming they had no orbital stations. Huge backpedalling here.

I just had a guildy comment on why it was setup the way it was and how pointless it is. I can understand the idea behind the station itself, and given time they could actually make them useful in some way. However, the instanced airlock is completely unneeded and doesn't even make for " good immersion".

I'm all for having time wasters, but at least make them in places where I can interact with other players. Time sinks inside an instanced airlock doesn't do anything for the game.

That's not what you were saying one page ago, listing so many planets and claiming they had no orbital stations. Huge backpedalling here.

No, that's exactly what I said. No backpeddling whatsoever. I'll even quote myself:

Stop trying to claim that all planets are like going to a Starter planet.

You do not have to go to an orbital station for non-starter planets.

If you make use of your Quick travel, it takes no more than 5-6 minutes to get from anywhere, to anywhere with a taxi (except starter planets).

Now compare that to the precious WoW which can take up to 15-20 minutes to get from one quest hub to another.

All that being said, you are correct... they should abolish the need for Orbital stations for starter planets (once you have your ship).

Edited by Sai-to

Corscant = No station

Taris = No station

Balmora = No station

Nar Shadda = No station

Tatooine = No station

Alderaan = No station

Belsavis = No station

Hoth = No station

http://i.imgur.com/iqvCy.jpg

Here I am in the Belsavis Republic orbital station. I can take screenshots from the Hoth and Balmorra ones if you would like.

That's not the post I am referring to, and you know it.

It's not my fault you jumped in on a conversation and skipped the posts that I was responding to. I made the post that I just quoted for you, and then some uninformed person tried telling me that all planets had orbital stations. I made a list of the planets that didn't.

In any case, none of that matters. You can still get from anywhere to any taxi hub in 5-6 minutes.

I don't care if they are spaceports, orbital stations, air-locks, starships, hangar bays, or any other repetitive graphic representation. The issue here is that there are too many steps in the process. They put so many unnecessary steps into the process that they couldn't even sort out their own cut-scenes into a logical order (Lets' go to orbit around a planet, step out of our ship into space, and then land the ship. . . :rolleyes: )

It's ridiculously tedious to travel from one planet to another.

Edited by Vodalus

It's not my fault you jumped in on a conversation and skipped the posts that I was responding to. I made the post that I just quoted for you, and then some uninformed person tried telling me that all planets had orbital stations. I made a list of the planets that didn't.

In any case, none of that matters. You can still get from anywhere to any taxi hub in 5-6 minutes.

1/ your list is wrong, at least Empire's side.

2/ What the heck your last sentence has to do with the subject? We are far from the taxi hub consideration, which is intra planet. We are on the traveling between planet side of the discussion. That you can reach the spaceport/orbital station in 5/6 min is irrelevant; you still have to walk in the said station, take elevators, and suffer from a loading screen.

I'm done with your nonsense.

I don't care if they are spaceports, orbital stations, air-locks, starships, hangar bays, or any other repetitive graphic representation. The issue here is that there are too many steps in the process. They put so many unnecessary steps into the process that they couldn't even sort out their own cut-scenes into a logical order (Lets' go to orbit around a planet, step out of our ship into space, and then land the ship. . . :rolleyes: )

It's ridiculously tedious to travel from one planet to another.

Agreed. As often with your posts Vodalus.

No need to change things, the system works fine as is.

always someone around who says this ... almost everybody hate it , or gets more and more anoyed cous eof the many transition screens , but no one fluffy dude always who says the game is perfect plz .. g tf o ... and dont post ever again

And to OP .. /SIGNED

Edited by Genesizs

1/ your list is wrong, at least Empire's side.

2/ What the heck your last sentence has to do with the subject? We are far from the taxi hub consideration, which is intra planet. We are on the traveling between planet side of the discussion. That you can reach the spaceport/orbital station in 5/6 min is irrelevant; you still have to walk in the said station, take elevators, and suffer from a loading screen.

I'm done with your nonsense.

If you can't understand the topic of conversation, I don't blame you for giving up.

Let me try to explain this more simply for you. You can get from Anywhere to Any taxi hub in 5-6 minutes (except Starter planets). Are you familiar with the definition of "anywhere"?

For example, that means I can get from the middle of nowhere on Alderaan to any quest hub on Tatooine to help a friend in 5-6 minutes or less.

If you can't understand the topic of conversation, I don't blame you for giving up.

Let me try to explain this more simply for you. You can get from Anywhere to Any taxi hub in 5-6 minutes (except Starter planets). Are you familiar with the definition of "anywhere"?

For example, that means I can get from the middle of nowhere on Alderaan to any quest hub on Tatooine to help a friend in 5-6 minutes or less.

And yet you fail to understand that it isn't really a matter of TIME but of processes. The time aspect is fine, its all the pointless buttons, screens, etc that make the travel very unappealing.

The guy in my guild that thought it was rediculous, yeah it was literally his first time having to do it. Imagine his dismay when I told him he gets to deal with it from here on.